IGNORED

Auto marriages......why not motorcycles?

BigLenny

On the Geek Squad Warranty thread, we've been having a lively discussion about how auto mfg's have had marriages both currently and in the past to make vehicles.

Examples like:

GM teaming with Toyota, Isuzu, Daewoo, Suzuki, etc.

Ford teaming with Mazda, Nissan, Kia, Jaguar, etc.

Dodge teaming with Mitsubishi, Mercedes, VW, Fiat, etc.

It got me to wondering, why don't we see that in the motorcycle world? Or, has/does it happen and I just don't remember hearing about it?

Examples?

Suzuki and kawasaki have been together several times in the Atv market. And suzuki made motors for arcticat snowmobiles for years, i think that is just a mater of less production and less knowledge of who is doing what for who .

Mike

Suzuki and kawasaki have been together several times in the Atv market. And suzuki made motors for arcticat snowmobiles for years, i think that is just a mater of less production and less knowledge of who is doing what for who .

Mike

That's right. It does seem like I remember some of the ATV stuff.

ok hyosung teamed with harley to help with the v-rod . They built the frame and now make a look a like. hyosung also at one point built the frame for the suzuki gs-650 to which they now also make a look a like.

That the one I know about.

David

Now, see there? That's the kind of interesting/fun info I'm looking for.

Walter Walter Walter :no-no-no::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My dad had a Harley 250 dirt bike made in Italy it shifted on the right rear brake on left. Kawasaki also had engines in the early John Deere Gators and now several lawn mowers. As far as motorcycles I see more and more combined brands at the same dealer when used to they were all brand specific.

Kawasaki also had engines in the early John Deere Gators and now several lawn mowers.

I believe Kawasaki is a big maker of small and industrial engines.

Yamaha is a big maker of musical instruments.:confused24:

What I want to know though is why the engine in my lawn tractor is made by the same folks that made my toilet (Kohler).

I heard years ago that Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Dawoo all got together to produce a line of bikes.

The name was a combination of all of the above.

When the new CEO went to make the announcement he chipped 3 teeth and shredded his tongue trying to pronounce it!:rotf:

The Italian company that Harley imported was Aermacchi. I had an SHO Taurus, boy was it fast.I always wanted to know if they could do this in a car why wouldn't they do it in their Ventures? Suzuki and Kawasaki were also sharing engine developement in their cruiser lines for awhile.The big Suzuki power cruiser used a Vulcan Mean Streak engine.

The Italian company that Harley imported was Aermacchi. I had an SHO Taurus, boy was it fast.I always wanted to know if they could do this in a car why wouldn't they do it in their Ventures? Suzuki and Kawasaki were also sharing engine developement in their cruiser lines for awhile.The big Suzuki power cruiser used a Vulcan Mean Streak engine.

Yup, Aermacchi.

RR

I believe Kawasaki is a big maker of small and industrial engines.

Yamaha is a big maker of musical instruments.:confused24:

What I want to know though is why the engine in my lawn tractor is made by the same folks that made my toilet (Kohler).

One thing to say about that,,, is,,, does your toilette still work,,, my 1978 Kohler still works.