IGNORED

Sandy's wrath

Squidley

To all our members affected by this Huricane, please know that your in our thoughts and were talking with the man upstairs for y'all to get your lives back to normal. PLEASE be careful, if you dont have to go out....DONT. This is nasty stuff mother nature is throwing at you. If there's anything we can do to help y'all please let us know....all the best to you folks.

This storm is all the way out to Michigan and up to Canada pretty nasty stuff. We're fine here the outerbanks got hit the hardest. Virginia had lots of flooding. Haven't been able to get in touch with my family in NY last I heard they had no power. There's a tanker on a street on the south shore of Staten Island. Pretty interesing.

Margaret

We're heading back tomorrow and should be back by Saturday. Hope we still have a place to come home to as there are some really tall pines near our place. Oh well, MC Tom lives 3 doors down so if anything happens I'm sure he will call me, he has my cell number...

There is a couple here, part of the family group visiting, that have family and friends on Long Island. Lots of flooding and power outage in NYC. They have a place near Williamsport PA that got flooded out a couple of years ago, so they are hoping their place will survive, they just gotr done cleaning up after the last flood!

Man, 20+ foot waves on the great lakes!!

PS we are not going back the same way we came down, don't feel like driving thru 2 feet of snow!!!

At the moment the bridges and tunnels in NYC are closed. Might want to make sure you can get home Bob. Lots of the roads are closed after flooding and of course the trees that always fall in these storms. Good luck and be safe.

I saw that WI was gonna see some of this lovely lady as well. Kinda scary how much of the country is going to be effected by this thing.

Margaret

We lucked out, was up all nite manning the sump pumps (3) but we never lost power and they all did their jobs. I actually bought a hand pump last year as a back-up and we practiced using it last nite to see if it would do the job, it worked great. No big trees down in our area, my son had one fall on his house but no major damage. October in the NE has been pretty interesting the last few years:doh:

Craig

Basically we've been through worse thunderstorms around here. It took me ten minutes to pickup tree branches this morning is all and none of those were very big. There are a few trees down but no power outages in our neighborhood. The schools are all closed only because of downed trees across roads. Alot of hype more than anything here. Sounds as if the coast took the brunt of it. Now if that bad word s##w just stays away for a few more weeks I might get another ride or two in.:thumbsup2::D

I just hearde a cruise ship was struck by a wall of water and is trying to get back to NY. That's not the one Leo was trying to catch is it?

Joe, Our ship is moored in Boston. It is not scheduled to arrive in NYC until Thursday.

Edited by leo3wheel

Had a bad day. Worked all day around the house, and just ordered our first meal. Worked with someone neighbor hired to remove the tree against our house. There are a bunch of clamps that got broken on our power conduit. We did not lose utilities. Large branch went right through the roof of our new, expensive shed. Filed a claim with our homeowner's insurance. We cleaned the front yard, removed branches that covered our deck, pulled the branch from our shed roof and washed deck and cars. Fortunately, nothing happened to our trike. We are both exhausted, and we did little to clean the back yard. My bum shoulder and lower back are giving out. May have to forget the back yard. Our cruise departure has been delayed a day to Thursday. Now we have to shop for Halloween candy. :) Noticing a bunch of floaters in my eyes. Not sure if stress of day can contribute to such things. We need a cruise real bad.

Edited by leo3wheel

Don't know how far south you are but I would expect snow on I81 through Virginia. Seen pictures of snow on the ground in Tazewell which is not to far north of I81

Ride Happy, Ride Safe

We are presently in Boca Raton FL in the cage. We aren't leaving until tomorrow but definately are not taking the same way we came down in which was thru Beckley WV which appears to be the epicenter of the snowstorm!! We pretty much plan on taking 3 days to get home. Thanks for the heads up!

Had a bad day. Worked all day around the house, and just ordered our first meal. Worked with someone neighbor hired to remove the tree against our house. There are a bunch of clamps that got broken on our power conduit. We did not lose utilities. Large branch went right through the roof of our new, expensive shed. Filed a claim with our homeowner's insurance. We cleaned the front yard, removed branches that covered our deck, pulled the banch from our shed roof and washed deck and cars. Fortunately, nothing happened to our trike. We are both exhausted, and we did little to clean the back yard. My bum shoulder and lower back are giving out. May have to forget the back yard. Our cruise departure has been delayed a day to Thursday. Now we have to shop for Halloween candy. :) Noticing a bunch of floaters in my eyes. Not sure if stress of day can contribute to such things. We need a cruise real bad.
Leo, I would be more worried about the physical activities causing the floaters! Take it easy, cleaning up isn't worth doing damage to your eyes!!! Enjoy the cruise as much as you can!

Leo, I would be more worried about the physical activities causing the floaters! Take it easy, cleaning up isn't worth doing damage to your eyes!!! Enjoy the cruise as much as you can!

You're right, will take it easy tomorrow. The back yard can wait until we get back. My mind and body are not at the same age. :)

I sent a text to Skid and MamaMo and they said they were fairing ok. Skid mentioned about getting the gals set up for when he's manning the phones and Ramona said they are doing good as well.

Lots of stuff happening, but good to hear from some of our brethren and knowing they are ok. Y'all be safe and know were saying a prayer for all of you affected by this.

I was sent home from work around Noon Monday. We lost our three phase power about 11AM. I got home and moved everything into the shop that wasn't nailed down. By 10PM, we had lost power. Around 11PM, a limb from the neighbor's tree flew threw our bathroom window. Around midnight, the wind was blowing so hard, it blew the doors off of the front of the furnace! (it wasn't working anyway, we had lost power earlier) Jean and I went to bed cold and hungry, but unharmed.

When we woke up Tuesday morning, we had a new "picture window" in the bathroom, the basement had a foot of water in it, the shop was flooded, and the furnace was in pieces all over the floor. The power came back on around noon Tuesday. The sump pump took care of the basement, but the shop is still flooded. My Brother James, my Uncle Ron, and a few of the neighbors helped me get the limb out of the bathroom, and James has already got the side of the house framed up again. I hope to have a new window installed by Wednesday. Jean was able to cook a hot dinner for the men folk this evening. I'm still working on the furnace. Both Jean and I are grateful for the help we received, and glad to be alive.:whistling:

Both Jean and I hope that the Other VR.ORG Members living on the East Coast faired well during the storm. BongoBob, I wish you safe journeys on your way home. :thumbsup2:

Earl and Jean

So far all is well yet. I'm still at work manning the phones for Emergency Operations Center. From what I'm talking to here West Virginia is improving. A few counties is needing roads cleared and have requests for generators. Most of the shelters is only having a few people staying. The counties with the most snow is pretty use to it somthey are prepared well. I still do not have electric at home, but we got heat. As long as the animals or neighbors don't take my food outside, we're good. Hope everyone is staying safe.