IGNORED

Personal abuse and insults

CaptainJoe

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I can personally assure you if it gets to far over the edge, a moderator will discuss it with the offender.

And what is the interpretation of 'well documented', could this be interpreted to go so far as to have a popup window when the reply button is clicked on to say, "Don't speak harsh words to your fellow bikers"

My thought is we are all adults here, sometimes some of us poke fun at others, and the playfullness of this ribbing may not be apparent to others if they don't know the history of those involved.

This site is kept far more civil than other sites. I would be content to keep the majority happy rather than keeping the one or two happy that may have read something into any given post and took offense to that."

the "well documented" part would go something like this:

To maintain civility, this site does not permit personal disparageing, name calling or abusive remarks ment to inflame our members. Any infringments will resiult in your post being deleted and your getting locked out of the thread in qusestion. You will be sent a pm informing you of the action and warned not to start another post on the same topic. Mutiple infringements could result in a cancellation of your membership or guest status.

I don't know of anyone that could "read something into" a post that calls a fellow member a "Moron". And no, this isn't the first time the've done it.:whistling:

Joe,

Just as a helpful hint, if you want to quote a post that was made, click on the "Quote' button in he right corner. It will copy the thread you are referring to and format it in your post, similar to what I did in this post.

And I agree with you about degrading name calling, that is a little much.

I am though, somewhat against the modern day practice of changing the way something is handled because a small minority object. Sometimes referred to as Political Correctness.

Gary

Edited by dingy

Ok now I will comment. NO ONE was called a "moron". It was used collectively as a whole. Geez guys don't wear your feelings on your sleeve. Reread the post. Come on.

No, that is not correct.

The phrase was deliberately added to a comment to a specific User. You can parse it any way you like, but it was meant as a personal insult.

It's not a big deal, and discussing "civility" does not make it a big deal ... it's just a discussion.

No, that is not correct.

The phrase was deliberately added to a comment to a specific User. You can parse it any way you like, but it was meant as a personal insult.

It's not a big deal, and discussing "civility" does not make it a big deal ... it's just a discussion.

Whatever. I reread it again and it was used collectively. "Morons among us".Meaning as a whole in society. We will just have to agree to disagree respectively.

No, that is not correct.

Your assessment is correct this time because you had the facts before you made up your mind. I apologize for including you in that group!

Captainjoe please accept my sincerest apologies for offending you! I do have one nagging question though. Have you told your mommy about the big mean Redneck yet?:stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Your assessment is correct this time because you had the facts before you made up your mind. I apologize for including you in that group!

Captainjoe please accept my sincerest apologies for offending you! I do have one nagging question though. Have you told your mommy about the big mean Redneck yet?:stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Apology accepted.

The comment didn't bother me in the first place. I try not to worry about the little things.

Looks good.

Yes... I think that will do it.

Time will tell.:whistling:

Redneck, Apology accepted and no Mommy wont know LOL.

The agregis posts were removed, as they should have , and the main points of the thread remains intact.

I'm happy.

Edited by CaptainJoe

Joe, I know I am not the offending party, nor do I have a clue, but in all seriousness, if I have ever offended you, (or anyone else here for that matter) I am indeed sorry as it has never veen my intention to ever deliberately or otherwise offend anyone here and I humbly apologize!

And I apologize to all the 2nd Gens for all the jokes and jabs done in fun in the past...and promise not to do it again until the next opportunity presents itself.. :no-no-no:

:rasberry:

You only insult the ones you love...to insult... :sun:

Joe, I know I am not the offending party, nor do I have a clue, but in all seriousness, if I have ever offended you, (or anyone else here for that matter) I am indeed sorry as it has never veen my intention to ever deliberately or otherwise offend anyone here and I humbly apologize!

I was offended when you lost your Balloon and didn't chase after it . :crying:

And I apologize to all the 2nd Gens for all the jokes and jabs done in fun in the past...and promise not to do it again until the next opportunity presents itself.. :no-no-no:

That's ok Kic, we understand. Only moron's would poke fun at superior 2nd Gen's :rotfl: :duck:

Guest tx2sturgis

Somehow I missed the entire thread and the offending articles. Normally, it seems, I'm the one pissing someone off, so this time I'm puzzled. Are there other members here who are guilty of social missteps now and then?

Wonders never cease. :cool10:

Its ok Kic......those second genners arent fast enough to catch the jokes anyways......HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

:rotf::rotf::rotf::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

David

:sign yeah that:

But there's a reason why we have the right to complain. some of the 2nd Gens that come off the line, are perfect, other's are straight out lemons, and if the dealer had any Balls, they would have done what's right to confine with their customers. ( 5 year warranty !!!) MY A**.

Now, you got me started...... Hi Joe How's it Hanging?.........

You would think that Yamaha would step UP to its customers requests and build a better bike. I guess, all these folks on this site, have no output, on what the North American/Canadians would like to see in a REAL MOTORCYCLE. that said it's off to Kawasaki & Honda Today, to decide which bike I'm buying.....

My Venture is for sale, Two months ago I had it for sale at 8700.00, this months it's 7800.00. The Venture is a beautiful bike, But not my cup of Tea.

I WANT CHANGE !!!!!!! 2, 1,........ Cassette player?....REALLY !!!!!!

As a rule I try not to personally insult people, I might make fun of the bikes they are riding, but they deserve that for the bike they are riding,I truely don't mean to make fun of others. If you try to make fun of me it won't work because I don't respect your oppinion unless you agree with me.

I do appreciate the hard work the moderators do, this is one of the best run well organized forums I have been on. As for censoring offensive behavour, it isn't all that important, the offenders will eventually realize nobody is paying them any attention and move on.

There is a difference when name calling is done in jest and we all have come to give as good as we get, when it comes to doing it fun.

However sometimes during warm or even heated discussions name calling can be hurtfull and there is no cause or valid reason for it. A difference of opinion can be just as effectively stated without derrogatory name calling as with and I believe the later to simply be somewhat immature. We are all adults here and school yard name calling during debates should be far beneath us. We all have an opinion, we all see the facts or percieve facts in a different light and mostly very few of us have all the facts at hand.

So lets keep on open mind and keep our debates friendly.:bighug::thumbsup2:

Edited by saddlebum