IGNORED

2013 Venture

ediddy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2013?? Are they going to make them that far in the future?? Oh no wait a minute... Time flies don't it??? I've almost got my 86 broke in and ain't even got a good start on that 85!! 70k on the 86. 25k on the 85. 19k on the 83!!! I'm not going forward here!!

A 2013??? Maybe in about 25 years!!!:whistling:

No changes other than color or pin striping, and maybe a different OEM tire...limited production...maybe some retail financing specials in the Spring to kick start sales...and no big dealer incentives since it is such a slow seller relative to their other street/sport bikes. The V-4 is a bullet proof, albeit lower powered, VMAX engine and no changes are expected. "Project X" on a beefed up EFI VMAX powerplant and other upgrades is under wraps, but I'm guessing that a 2013 intro (2014 model) is not out of the question. Anyway, that's what my guy at Yammie in CA are leading me to believe, but they are generally in the dark as much as we are.

Really... what needs to be changed ?

I like the fork mounted fairing. I like the styling.

ABS - absolutely necessary? Not if you know how to work the brakes in an emergency. Nice yes, but not a show stopper

Fuel Injection - maybe to meet new emission standard and run better when cold. Carbs are fine. Cold running - so warm the bike up first !

Cassette - its hidden behind a little door. I never open mine except when I'm drying the bike to make sure there is no water behind it. Other than that... glue it shut or replace it with a tray to hold things. Some newbies don't even realize the door opens let alone that there is a cassette player there !

Updated engine (VMax?) - better be liquid cooled and 4 cylinder ! Necessary? Probably not when the existing engines are bullet proof (maybe beef up the clutch and eliminate the small percentage of units that whine)

Still lots of accessories out there (OEM and 3rd party) to personalize your ride.

As for some OEM accessories not being available... I wouldn't be surprised if there is no Venture for 2013. Let accessory inventory reduce, sell inventory of bikes. 2014... possibly an update. But how to change a good thing?

I knew it!! :fingers-crossed-emo. Now where is my cassette deck on this thing ?

Go back to your corner and play with your lazers and photon tarpedo's. And don't forget your Buck Rogers helmet. The only thing your bike don't have is warp drive.:crackup::stickpoke:

Okay... one thing that would be nice in a new model (suggested by Nancy) - a reverse gear ! That would be nice for those times you park the wrong way and have to try to back up a hill or rise in a parking lot !

New model with reverse?

Mine is a 90 model and it has reverse:stickpoke:

Nothing is going to happen.Looking very hard at the victory cross country. My 07 midnight is the best bike I `ve ever owned. But they need to get with the times. I understand if its not broken don't fix it. But!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree about the 2007 midnights. I would like the fuel injection, ran a bit rough and gas mileage went down the tubes when I road out to stardays 2009 due to the high altitudes.

and of course the whine about the whine remains.

Al

I got to admit - - last weekend I got more comments and looks at my '99 among a very large crowd of other bikes, mainly Ultra's, that it really surprised me. The styling is distinctive and stands out of the crowd. But there really are about 100 upgrades I'd like to see made to the RSV, but a major overhaul to the styling isn't one of them.

Where do you ride not to use 5th gear? If you ever get over 45-50, pop it in 5th. Never get on I-94? 275? I use 5th gear all the time. If I am 45 plus mph, I am in 5th.

I used 5th gear on the super slabs, almost never on state roads. Even when I was on two wheels I didn't use 5th very much.