IGNORED

We Lost a Good One Sunday Morning

RedRider

While few of you knew Curt (he rode a Honda ST), I wanted to pass along this tragic news. Curt was a fellow LD competitor and a friend. He was one of the guys that picked my Venture off me when I went down on gravel in last year's MN1000 rally. He didn't even take a picture first or laugh at me afterwards (even though it was deserved).

Curt Gran died Sunday morning as a result of a motorcycle accident that occurred Saturday night outside Minot, ND. He was participating in the MN1000 Long Distance Rally and ran into a storm cell with high winds. Per the local LEO, the wind appeared to have pushed him into the path of a pickup pulling a horse trailer. Curt was full ATGATT and a very experienced LD rider. He took 5th in the 2011 IBR and several trophies in regional rallies.

Curt was also the developer/founder of the Fuzeblock auxiliary fuse block product/company. He married Cindy within the last year.

Curt was a great guy and a good friend to be around. He will be missed by all who knew him.

Godspeed Curt. He is now sitting at God's Waffle House in the sky, sharing smothered hash browns and a Dr. Pepper with Eddie James.

Damn, Damn, Damn, this hurts!!! He was really one of the really good guys.

Please include Cindy and the rest of Curt's family and friends in your prayers.

RR

It's never good to hear of a rider down. At least there's no tar snakes or potholes where he's riding today.

"There must be motorcycles in heaven, because it's the closest thing to heaven I've found on earth."

So sorry for your loss. As eveyone else has mentioned, I too hate to hear news of this sort.

Appears Curt left this world doing what he like to do most ..that being riding his Bike...

My deepest sympathy for Cindy and the family even though I do not know them.

Eck