IGNORED

Freebird's Maintanance Day

Freebird

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will miss seeing all of the MD regular's this year. And I am thrilled Dano will be there. I do believe there will still be a crowd and I am pretty sure a good time will be had by all.

Yama Mama:smile5:

Are You still coming Peg??

Wow, I've been thru H**L in the last 6 months and I"M GONNA BE THERE!!! Why is everybody else coming up with excuses NOT to be there?? Best party and get together of the year!!!

im new and would love to go but list of excuses follows:

money

work

money

no vacation time

money

family

money

bike not running (carb issue) (some thing lose in carbs not good)

money

have to trailer bike and drive cage

money

wife laid off from work

oh did i mention finances

i realy woulld like to go but i have to many bills to paynow and i have to save to get new carbs as i have to many lose things ratteling around in the carbs :sick:

I have talked to the Quaker Steak & Lube that we have went to the last 2 years in Shefield, Oh and they have a large party booked Friday night.

The QSL in Vermillion can handle us. They have 28 tables on the dock balcony. It will be somewhat different than the Sheffield site, but still dinner together. This one will be a more traditional outdoor setting rather than the picnic type tables. We will need to use the tables to the maximum capacity, but we are all friends here.

It is the same distance as Sheffield. About a 20 mile ride. Last 2 years people left in small groups to go to QSL. But I would say plan on around 5:00~6:00 time at restaurant.

Link to Vermillion site:

http://quakersteakandlube.com/Vermilion_OH/

I am putting an event on the calender for this.

Map from Don's to QSL link below. This will actually be a nicer ride than to the one in Sheffield.

http://g.co/maps/75rae

Please let me know an approximate head count.

Added calender link below.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/ca...y=2012-6-1&c=1

Gary

Last year a Yammie dealer was at the MD. I am embarassed to say I forget the dealships name. Do you think it would be possible for him to bring an Avon Venom for the front tire on a 2006 Royalstar TD and have someone help me install it on my bike? That is if he is coming this year. I know mechanical stuff but never changed a bike tire.

I understand this is short notice.

Thanks

Last year a Yammie dealer was at the MD. I am embarassed to say I forget the dealships name. Do you think it would be possible for him to bring an Avon Venom for the front tire on a 2006 Royalstar TD and have someone help me install it on my bike? That is if he is coming this year. I know mechanical stuff but never changed a bike tire.

Thanks

Not to cut Pioneer Motorsports out, but order online (I use Jake Wilson) and hav it shipped to Freebirds. You can bet you won't be the only one!!! :cool10:

Does anyone know if there will be the tools and shims to do a valve adjustment available at the maintenance day?

In general, major jobs aren't done at maintenance day. valve adjustments are viewed that way. I could bring my kit, but I recommend against it. think 1 hour jobs and a lot of socializing. PM me if you want me to bring a kit.

In general, major jobs aren't done at maintenance day. valve adjustments are viewed that way. I could bring my kit, but I recommend against it. think 1 hour jobs and a lot of socializing. PM me if you want me to bring a kit.

Ease up up Randy, he has a 1st gen. Don't have to tear half the motor down to do it.

And it has a center stand !!

:sign cmon:

Gary

It would be cool if someone could do a valve check as a demo so those of us who what to try and tackle this job can get some instruction time. And no I am not volenteering my bike. After all I still have to get back home.:whistling:

Thanks

Unfortunately, they will not be here this year. They had planned to come but the date conflicted with a previously scheduled commitment.

Valve adjustments are really too big a job as they take several hours. I'm a little worried this year about taking on any large jobs because some of the guys who jump in and work the hardest are unable to attend this year. Squidly and Goose are a couple that won't be here. Goose did a seminar a couple of years ago on the valve adjustments and it was very good. I'm using running around like crazy and just don't have time to concentrate on one job. Now if somebody volunteers to help with it then that's fine with me. We usually did a seminar on Friday but have nothing planned for this year. It's going to be hot and I plan to TRY and relax a bit and hopefully nobody will be worked to death this year.

Y'all will have a good time, it makes me sick that the finances aren't here this time as we have gone the last 6 years in a row. Lots of pics so we can vicariously live through all of you folks

:thumbsup2:

Thanks a lot buddy, I was hoping to have a couple people my own age there. :rotf::stirthepot:

Y'all will have a good time, it makes me sick that the finances aren't here this time as we have gone the last 6 years in a row. Lots of pics so we can vicariously live through all of you folks

Thanks a lot buddy, I was hoping to have a couple people my own age there. :rotf::stirthepot:

Sorry Bro, I know how you feel, with Freebirds recent self realization post of the OLD Man he saw in the mirror

:sign20:

Eddie..............I'm a little older than you and the Squid., but I'm riding my 09 Ultra in this year so maybe we can stick together for support....:beer::sign20:

Eddie..............I'm a little older than you and the Squid., but I'm riding my 09 Ultra in this year so maybe we can stick together for support....:beer::sign20:

We will need it. These guys are tuff. Im also bringing some back up. :whistling:

We will need it. These guys are tuff. Im also bringing some back up. :whistling:

I bought this invisable cloak from Harry Potter movie, its big enough for me and the bike, but if need be we both can get under it and claim insurance for the bike's....:crackup::rotfl: