IGNORED

Brad and Lona are OK

Denden

Brad, Lonna, cheese cake, meet and eats, great rides, good deeds, great fellowship, everlasting friendships, you two always seem to find away to bring us all together. Thanks be that tradition will continue to grow.

Being snow bound in the Great White North all I can offer you is Marion's and I's thoughts and one bit of advice, the next time you get bored with your bike try selling it............

Best wishes

S & M

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kbran will be bringing Brad and Lonna to my house in the morning. They have decided to bring the bike home with them so kbran has it loaded on a trailer. This was a terrible thing to have happen, especially this time of year and I thank God that they made it without being worse than it was. I hope that they will spend at least one night here and rest up before heading back to Michigan. They are top notch people in my book and I have enjoyed the company. I also had gone over looking at the bike before they left out headed to kbran's and the tires were looking good tread wise, what caused the blow out is undetermined at this point but I will look at it tomorrow when they arrive. With the weather being so cold down here they had on all the safety gear and I am sure that that helped them out to some degree! All we can do now is pray for a quick recovery for Lonna's injuries.

Dog

Gee Brad and Lonna, after first seeing this thread and my heart skipping a beat, glad to hear that it wasn't more serious and that your on your way to recovery. God was definitely watching over you. I guess we're all wondering what happened to the tire to make it blow. A couple of more miles, and I probably would have bought the farm myself, but caught this after I made a stop to help a motorcyclist who was broke down. (see attached pic). You were right Brad in saying check your tires. My prayers go out to you both, God Bless.

Brad and Lonna,

There is not much that I can say that has not been said already. I'm glad to hear that you two are going to be OK. I think you have woke up some of us to be more aware of what we "ride" on. I know I have.

I hope you two heal fast and that you have no problems with your injuries. God and his angles were with you that day. Have a safe trip home and don't forget the help that has been offered. You sure have a lot of friends here on this site. Where else would you find this much love.

Take care, and heal fast.

Ken:fingers-crossed-emo

We are now in Madden MS. @ Mean Dogs house, we'll be here for the night and tomorrow start the trek north back to ice and snow. Can't thank everyone enough for all the hospitality and help, it's been overwhelming.

A fond farwell to our southern friends, and a bold hello to our northern ones...see Y'all soon :)

Let me know when you get home, I'll come and give you a hand with the trailer, and unloading the bike. You'll probably be too sore to do much yourself. At least let everyone know when you've made it home safely. We are all concerned about you two. Drive careful, now. Don't push it.

A fond farwell to our southern friends, and a bold hello to our northern ones...see Y'all soon :)

Hey Brad! I guess either you were down here to long

or you bounced on your head in the crash,

now your posting with a southern accent! :rotf: :rotfl:

Hey Brad! I guess either you were down here to long

or you bounced on your head in the crash,

now your posting with a southern accent! :rotf: :rotfl:

BACK OFF, 6er!it took me and my desperadoes,THREE WHOLE HOURS to get him and Lonna to sound like , folks is supposed to!!!!

lol

just jt

BACK OFF, 6er!it took me and my desperadoes,THREE WHOLE HOURS to get him and Lonna to sound like , folks is supposed to!!!!

lol

just jt

Hey jt, I'm just happy that he's starting to talk right!

Now we just got to get him to celebrate Robert E. Lee's

and Sam Houston's birthdays and we'll be doin' OK! :thumbsup2:

For when he does the smart thing and moves south away from the frigid north and all that bad weather that restricts his riding..........By the time he gets here they wont make fun of his Yankee accent, he will have to stop wearing those plaid flannel shirts, they are a dead giveaway as to where he is from, they just shout "YANKEE":rotf::rotf::rotf:

Hey jt, I'm just happy that he's starting to talk right!

Now we just got to get him to celebrate Robert E. Lee's

and Sam Houston's birthdays and we'll be doin' OK! :thumbsup2:

Gee Brad and Lonna, after first seeing this thread and my heart skipping a beat, glad to hear that it wasn't more serious and that your on your way to recovery. God was definitely watching over you. I guess we're all wondering what happened to the tire to make it blow. A couple of more miles, and I probably would have bought the farm myself, but caught this after I made a stop to help a motorcyclist who was broke down. (see attached pic). You were right Brad in saying check your tires. My prayers go out to you both, God Bless.

Your as lucky as we were. Every stop we make when riding I take a casual look at the tires. Paranoid I guess. The last ride we took last year I looked down and noticed a chunk missing from the sidewall right about where the bulge is in your tire picture. If I hadn't see that we may have had the same trip as Squid and Lonna. I'm not saying he didn't check his tires, it's just that we happened to stop (unplanned stop) to stretch a bit and the tire happened to be positioned just right for me to see the missing chunk with a casual glance at the tire. Probably how you saw your tire bulge. Just happened to be parked just right to be able to see the bulge.

Wow,Thank god it wasn't worse.

Brad and Lonna,you guys are truly great friends who can't be replaced.Shari and I will be praying for a speedy and hopefully pain free recovery...If you guys need help with anything,please feel free to call.We got no problems coming over to Michigan..:)

just wanted to let everyone know we are home, safe and sound.

just a short note to thank kenny and mark, and their families for all they have done for us.

:bighug:

brad is at the chiropractors right now, getting xrays to make sure he is really not hurt, because he is too busy worring about me.

i have an appointment with the ortho doctor in the morning. maybe get some more info on what they can do. all i know is a broken collar bone hurts like h**l.

brad and i still consider this vacation to be one of the best ones we ever had, because of the people we got to share it with!! if we can ever do anything for all of you.....

thank you all for all the thoughts and prayers, we really needed them! and we will be passing some you to those who need them!

also...typing with one hand......really stinks!!

:rotf::rotf:

Lonna I can tell ya that Jeff was worried about Brad not taking care of himself 'cause he would be worried about you. I'm glad you sent him to get checked out. Hope all goes well with the ortho doc. Let us all know.

Just really glad you guys are ok. Also glad you got home ok. Was a bit worried about you riding back and being in pain. Oh nice job on the one handed typing.

Love you guys!

Margaret

lonna, glad you two made the best of a bad situation.and enjoyed the good times.spending christmas with you,brad,wayne,and allan h,was one of our best christmases and the highlight of our year.just so glad you and brad are doing well and made it home safely.bill and linda :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::2133: