IGNORED

Brad and Lona are OK

Denden

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YO Squid,

Sorry to hear about the accident. As you say any time you drop your bike and walk away it's a good day. Howie's been there and done that. You both are in our prayers. IF there is anything we can do to help let us know.

Howie and Cheryl from Butler, PA

Geeez.don't sign on for a day and look what you guys go and do!!!

Brad and Lonna, I am SO relieved that your injuries are as relatively minor as they are. Being a clavicle injury survivor, I know it's not an easy road ahead but if that's the worst of it, I consider you lucky.

I just wish we were closer so we could be some help.

We love you guys and hope to see you soon.

Vin and Sam

Brad and Lonna:

I'm very sorry to hear about your accident. Bummer that the scoot is gone but good news that you two are going to be OK. God be with you and we are going to be praying for a speedy recovery. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Wayne & Robin

Glad everyone is ok! A freind of mine had his rear tire go last year. He and is wife spent several hours in a ditch before being found. His arm and ribs were torn up, they are still working on the arm. She will be undergoing several plasic surgeries. Waswearing a helmet with a face shield, and when that gave way, it ground her eyeglasses into her face! Thank God that did not happen here!

kenw:2133:

We got to our house from Baton Rouge about 4PM today with Brad and Lona with their bike on my son's trailer. They are doing pretty good, Brad is a little sore and Lona is hurting some but she said the meds are doing pretty good. I'll get them to Mark's (MeanDog) tomorow and load the bike on the trailer they came down with. Hope the meds help Lona on their ride home. We are fixing to sit down to fried fish, shrimp and coleslaw.

Guest maddabber

Brad, Lonna I'm glad that you both are OK. In life it is said that you can count your friends on one hand. With this site you do not have enough hands. Wishing you both a speedy recovery.

Darrell

:bighug:

We got to our house from Baton Rouge about 4PM today with Brad and Lona with their bike on my son's trailer. They are doing pretty good, Brad is a little sore and Lona is hurting some but she said the meds are doing pretty good. I'll get them to Mark's (MeanDog) tomorow and load the bike on the trailer they came down with. Hope the meds help Lona on their ride home. We are fixing to sit down to fried fish, shrimp and coleslaw.

Kenny, sure glad you were there to help them. Thanks from all of us....:bighug:

You could of given us that report without mentioning the fried shrimp, fish and cole slaw..........the medicine dont get much better than that...........wish I had some of it................cant get that good food her in the Atlanta area.............That would sure make me feel better:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Thanks to you and your son for being there for them, and helping them through this troubled moment.

Thank You!

Lonna and I are doing OK, she's real sore and I am too. We can't begin to express how we feel to all of you that have us in your thoughts.

Kenny and Beth are treating us like royalty, I can't begin to thank them enough for all the hospitality and help. If any of you southern folks get a chance to meet them, take it. You'll find none finer than these folks and their family.

Tomorrow will take us to Mean Dogs and we'll load the bike in our trailer and head north. I have taken pics of the bike and a motorist that stopped took about 15 of them at the accident. I'll get them posted up when we get home.

I want to thank the countless people that have called, emailed or PM'd us. You never know how many real friends you have until something like this happens. I have felt overwhelmed with all your support, Lonna and I are very humbled that you all think of us this way...Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.

I'll pop back on from time to time during the trek north, all of you be safe and hopefully I was this years patsy and this wreck will be the only one for the year for this group....and another thing, check your tires, our outcome would have been a lot worse if it happened 2 miles earlier.

God Bless all of you :)

I thought you knew how much you and Lonna meant to all of us. I wish it wasn't an accident that reinforced it for ya. You guys are family, and very important to this group. I hope Lonna heals quickly. I'm just glad it wasn't anything worse. I didn't even get to see you guys this past year.

Please be safe heading home. You know we love you two.

:bighug:

Margaret

I just got off the phone with Brad. He said they are doing ok ,Lonna is worse than him, but both are in good spirits.Thank God for small miracals. Brad said 2 milles sooner than where the tire let go and they would have been surfing on concrete instead of the grass median. They had just come off a long bridge.

As has been said we will all be doing a lot of praying for their complete recovery.:bighug:

Craig and Patsy

Brad, just met you and Lonna Sat. and almost had heart failure when I got on here and saw this tonite. As to what's been said before, ditto and ditto!

Don't like to hear about friends having these kind of incidents. Both of you get better, the bike can be replaced but not y'all.

Take it easy on the way home and check in when you can.

Don and Linda

Brad & Lona

We are so happy to hear that you are doing okay, despite the circumstances. We pray for a speedy recovery and thank God that you are both okay. Hope to see you at the end of the month.

Your Canadian Friends

Darryl & Rhonda

Darn Brad!! I just hate news like this!!

Am sure glad You are both going to be OK.

See you both soon, if we all can get to a January lunch, that is. Not too sure I'll be able to make though.

Joe

Where they were, they had just come off the Atchafalaya bridge which is a little over 22 miles long, if they would have had the accident there it would have been really, really bad. That bride is notorious for speeding vehicles and no emergency lanes. Thank God they were off of it when it happened. I lived in South La. all my life till I moved to Atlanta, and I have crossed that bridge many, many times and have seen some awful accidents there..............They definitely had an angel riding with them...............

I just got off the phone with Brad. He said they are doing ok ,Lonna is worse than him, but both are in good spirits.Thank God for small miracals. Brad said 2 milles sooner than wher\e the tire let go and they would have been surfing on concrete instead of the grass median. They had just come off a long bridge.

As has been said we will all be doing a lot of praying for their complete recovery.:bighug:

Craig and Patsy

Hey Brad and Lonna, I just realized that even though you went down in the median, I figure you guys are VentureRider ASSes! (Asphalt Surfer Society)

We are working on the patches and you now deserve one.

The only patch that you don't want, but that you wear with pride! (Because you still can!) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_213.gif