IGNORED

Who wants a new windshield?

Freebird

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'M ONLY GOOD FOR ABOUT 20-25 THOUSAND MILES PER YEAR, AND I KEEP MY BIKE IN ABOVE AVERAGE CONDITION, AND AS IT HAS BEEN STATED BEFORE:no-no-no:..... I'M TOO QUICK TO CLICK ON ANY BARGAINS ON THIS SITE:detective:.... AND ALSO TEND TO SUGAR COAT THINGS WHEN ASKED OR NOT ASKED:stirthepot:..... HMMM?? GOOD LUCK :080402gudl_prv:FINDING SOMEONE THAT WANTS ANYTHING FREE~~:confused24:

OK OK OK :whistling:

eusa should win it .... it might stop him from whining about missing out on deals.... :stickpoke: :whistling: :banana: :rotfl: :sign just kidding:

Mechanic and I ride between 14,000 to 16,000, 99% 2 up .

Yes, I would like a new shield, but until F4 comes out with a tinted version (we ride a lot at night and I do not like the glare on the OEM shield), I will wait or by the other one (comes tinted), but really would prefer the F4 due to it withstanding scratching. :whistling:

Thank you all for the response. WOW, do I have a job ahead of me! I will follow the thread until the end of the week, then make a decision. ALL look like very good candidates! Humminbird, and anyone else "on the fence"-I will extend the 10% off for one week after I choose the rider with the "right stuff" if that will help! Again, thanks for the flowers, all of you! Seems like 1st gen riders abound.....

I usually ride about 15 to 18,000 miles a year. I ride almost daily to and from work, etc. rain or shine. Me and the little lady take atleast one trip a year. The climate here in south Mississippi is one that alows me to ride year around, and we get it all, cold temps into the teens and as hot as 105 plus. Rain does'nt stop me from riding either.

As an RN, I am an objective thinker and a skilled evaluator. My opinion will be honest and to the point.

I will be comparing the windsheild to the oem and to the current show chrome wide sheild which is on my bike now. The show chrome has been a good sheild but not great, pretty scratched up right now, I might add.

I have been concidering a new clearview or F4. In my preliminary research I feel the clear view has more options but the F4 is more durable.

Thanks for your concideration, Carl(Caveman):biker:

Edited by Caveman
inappropriate subject

eusa should win it .... it might stop him from whining about missing out on deals.... :stickpoke: :whistling: :banana: :rotfl: :sign just kidding:

THANKS FOR THE VOTES GUYS!!:backinmyday:

SURE WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE IT TO SHOW OFF WHEN WE GO TO DON'S MAINT DAY IN JUNE!!:whistling: i have no shame....:sick:

BY THE WAY... THAT WAS MY CLUTCH BASKET MAKING THAT WHINE NOISE:rotf:

WOW, do I have a job ahead of me!..

I hope these windshields are good with all the BS that is being slung at them :rotf:

We ride approx 10,000 miles a yr, this past year was 13,000, a lot of highway miles and sometimees a wee bit above the limit. :think:

Yes it should be Hard to pick, so if you use Don's hat trick can you please use a different hat, his does not work well.

Brad

We live in amarillo tx. I have a 2009, bought new july 09. It has 36600 miles. We ride from march till november & when the weather allows in the winter. We have make several of the m/e, m/d & rallys. Leakeytx,doodles md waller tx, starbque kerrville tx,eureka springs ar, cody wy.rally, p.i.p. Mn. We have ridden in every time zone & 33 states in the last 2 years. Planning on several miles & seeing old frinends making lots of new ones in 2012.the f4 windsheld would really look good on my baby!!!!!!!

Well now, this year we are going to be putting on a big run.

First heading to the International and from there to the eastern provinces of Canada and then down the eastern sea board of the US. We hope to get a fair amount of miles in and plan to be gone a month.

That should be a good test!

Pick me pick me!! Good luck to all!

OK, this should do it. I usually ride 5-8K a year HOWEVER since I have been permently laid off the mileage could be unlimited ( now the clincher ) in Michigan

we have more mosquitos than anywhere else in the world along with more airborne critters than I have seen in all of my travels, did I mention RAIN !!!

this state is surrounded by water and it ain't all on the ground yet !!!

:rain2::2cents:

My shot....

I've had my '09 RSV (Candy Red/Raven so it already stands out and draws attention!) since July 2010 and have put on 24,000km. I've attended local meets (and eats), the Western N.Y. rally, Maintenance Day. The colour and the bike attracts attention and questions from Harley and other riders... and I certainly don't mind showing it off !

This year I'm planning to attend the same rally's and meets (and eats) as well as a 14,000km road trip from the International down to Texas, across to California, up to Washington State and back across the U.S. (should hit 18-20 States) over a 4 week trip and hope to meet as many members as I can.

My plans for August 2013 are to attend a family reunion in Saskatchewan which will include going to the West Coast again (B.C.) across Canada and back thru the Northern U.S. (5 Provinces and 14 States). Depending on where and when... the 2013 Interational and any regional rallies along the way.

For items I've added to the bike (LED lighting, iPod adapter, arm rests) I've done write ups for the installation and reviews of the products (http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63049, http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63006, http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61885) and in other threads either started discussions or added my comments in others.

I work with and ride with Harley/Honda/Kawasaki owners, talk to bikers at coffee shops or anyone and everyone that asks about my RSV. From the following picture.... how can it not draw attention (extra points - my girlfriend on the bike!).

Okay.... thats my best shot at getting an F4 17.5" vented windshield (either normal or wide width).

No BS here just give you and honest review. We purchased our 07 rsmv spring of 2011 and have put about 6,000 miles on it so far and made our first long trip to Tn. in Oct. we always ride two up and installed a show chrome short wide not long after our purchase it does and ok job looks good on the bike but the wife complains about more wind now and I don't care for the way it sheds water. Our funds are limited as we have spent a lot just getting a bike and needed gear so were pretty much stuck with what we have for a windshield. Would love to try one of your vented shields as the heat and drought here in Arkansas and Texas made riding unbearable this summer. Will give it a good test this spring on our trip to Charleston SC. and hope that the vent will add some relief this summer so we may ride more. Riding is the one thing as a couple we truly cherish doing together it's our time together to get away from it all and just be a couple again. Thank you for offering this to our site there are a lot of great people here and anyone here would appreciate this kind gesture. Good luck to all.

Thank you for your consideration.

Vincent

I have ridden my 2000 RSV since 2002 and just rolled 100,000 miles. Compete in Long Distance rallies mostly in the upper Midwest. Last several years have been averaging about 15,000 miles per year - mostly in large chunks during trips and rallies.

This year will be Alaska. Expecting the trip to be 7-8000 miles in 2 weeks. Only 2 rallies planned this year due the Alaska trip.

Haven't been able to see through my stock windshield for several years due to scratches. Normally look over the top, but it does hold my venturerider.org sticker well. Reduction of buffeting would be really nice.

Will gladly post an evaluation both on here and Advrider.com.

RR

Might as well give it a try. Would love to try your new windshield, just can't afford it right now.

I live in south Louisiana and my 06 venture shield is about shot. It's dull and scratched in this harsh environment. The worst thing down here besides the heat and humidity is the love bugs twice a year. They do a lot of damage to paint and are hard to get off windshields. If you really want to put it to the test this is the place to do it. I ride daily to work and travel a lot pulling a timeout camper. So give me a shot at it and I will put it to the test and review it for you.

Thanks

Just wanted everyone to know...that B2dad does NOT need this windshield. He doesn't put enough miles on his bike in a year...he surely doesn't post here so you all wouldn't know if it was good or not. He doesn't ride when it's bad weather out...afraid he might get wet! or worse yet...COLD. (or maybe it's because he doesn't want his precious trike to get dirty..hmm) AND...if he DID win it, I would NEVER EVER hear the end of it..OK? So...my vote goes to EUSA1. I think he needs it because he still has the original windshield and really needs a new one.

oh yeah..BTW...Don already has an F4 and I think he likes it..although he hasn't ridden enough since he got it to tell just how well he will like it..but will keep y'all posted...LOL

Patti :cool10::cool10:

I don't need one either as I replaced my ClearView with a F4 wide & tall last fall. I do want to tip my hat to Dave at F4 for offering someone a great opportunity to get a new windshield thou.

Larry

BTW the couple thousand miles I've put on with the F4 has been great and Dave offers excellent customer service if it's needed.

Edited by Carbon_One

This couldn't come at a better time. My shield has far exceeded it's useful life it's just been hard for me to let it go because of the etching on it I like so much, but alas, it's time has come :crying: I can hardly see at night now because of the glare of on-coming traffic. I ride somewhere between 10-20 thousand miles a year. Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring doesn't matter as long as there's no chance of ice. I'd love to be able to give my impressions of your Windshield.

I'll just hang here on the edge of my seat waiting to see who the lucky rider will be.

A BIG :thumbsup2: to F4 Customs for offering this opportunity to one of our members. :clap2:

Just wanted everyone to know...that B2dad does NOT need this windshield. He doesn't put enough miles on his bike in a year...he surely doesn't post here so you all wouldn't know if it was good or not. He doesn't ride when it's bad weather out...afraid he might get wet! or worse yet...COLD. (or maybe it's because he doesn't want his precious trike to get dirty..hmm) AND...if he DID win it, I would NEVER EVER hear the end of it..OK? So...my vote goes to EUSA1. I think he needs it because he still has the original windshield and really needs a new one.

oh yeah..BTW...Don already has an F4 and I think he likes it..although he hasn't ridden enough since he got it to tell just how well he will like it..but will keep y'all posted...LOL

Patti :cool10::cool10:

Boy...somebody didn't get the CHRISTmas present she wanted....:buttkick:

:stirthepot: