IGNORED

What did you get?

Yama Mama

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wife got me a flashlight from Costco for the garage or...

It's a little thing at only 16 inches long with a 9 inch diameter reflector running a 12 volt rechargeable with an H4 headlight. She smiled and said, "Will you FINALLY have enough light for working in the garage?" Won't fit in the side bag though !! (I think it's secondary use is as a heater if it's too close to ya.)

http://www.bergall.org/temp/venture/flashlight.jpg

Got some clothes, books, my usual Star Wars "gag" gift and some tools (Among my favourite gifts) and these two belts that my wife had made at the local custom leather shop.

Of course the best gift of all was having our girls and their families here for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. It's been a warm Christmas week here with enough rain to wash away the salt and sand already put down, so I got to go for a Christmas day ride and even took the youngest daughter's boy friend for his first ride on a big bike (He rode a 250 Kawi a few times years ago).

Hope everyone here had as good a time.

Andy

Lots of camping room there too.:whistling:

Looks like a nice set-up Brad, that shop is bigger then my house!!:080402gudl_prv:

Craig

Lots of room Monty, there WILL be MD here

:thumbsup2:

Craig.....it's 30 X 40, and I have been waiting for it all my life :banana:

....and Jim, your more than welcome over here anytime, I'll bet I can get 20 bikes in the garage :sign woo hoo:

Gave Brenda a tablet PC, which she's thrilled with. Coincidentelly,she gave me a kindle fire,which I'm not sure what to do with as I already have a Dell XT ( tablet) as well as a smart phone, which I also use as a reader. It's all good though.

Well, my wonderful wife meant well but it's just not going to work out. I have been wanting a fishing boat for a couple of years. She knew that I had looked at a used Lund a few months ago but it was already sold. She had Dylan find another Lund on Craigslist and decided it was the one for me. She had Dylan print it out and they made sure that it was still available. They wrapped the printed ad and gave it to me with instructions that I was to pick it up today.

Now here's the issue. It is a very nice boat and the price is right. BUT...it is a 21' Sport Cabin aluminum boat with a 4.3 I/O engine. It's on a dual axle trailer with electric brakes. Now you all tell me how the heck I'm going to pull that with a 2011 4 cylinder Kia Sorento? So, I'm going to let that one go. :) All I really wanted was about a 17' deep V fishing boat with a nice 50-90 HP outboard. THAT I could pull. So if any of you know of a nice little used deep V aluminum. Lund, Sylvan, Mirrocraft...something along those lines...let me know. :)

I didn't get anything for the bike, or tools either. I did get new leather slippers, and several items that display my Rider pride! Merry Christmas everyone!

Btw: the Rigid drill came with two lithium ion batteries, quick charger, carry bag and is super light weight....best of all everything, batteries included come with a lifetime guarantee from home depot....real cool.

......and the Dyson works great :)

Happy Holidays all.....

Andrew

Make sure you follow the registration instructions completely, as you have to register online and mail in a copy of the receipt. I was late mailing in the receipt, so I didn't get the life time warranty. I do like the Rigid line of tools though.

I got a real nice VR.org guardian bell ! ! As did my brother... to put on his new 2011 BMW GS1200A and my son to put on the Suzuki 500. My brother opens it up and "rings" it. He says .... hey this one is broken! It does not make any noise! We will book him for hearing testing in the new year!

I hope you all had a good and safe holiday.

One son flying out tonight for visit with his g/f's family other son flying back to work in Saskatchewan tomorrow morning. A few days of "alone time" with Lori will be the big gift for me.

Got a much needed Nordic Track treadmill for my office so I can get my fat self out of the chair and get in some serious walking during the day while I'm on the phone (which occupies 70% of my time anyway). Also got a really nice Kodak Sport weatherproof, submersible video camera that I can mount on the bike or take snorkeling. Ordered the mount today, along with a 16 gig media card. Will be recording lots of rides now!

The best gift was having all of the kids, grandkids, spouses, nieces and nephews in the area be able to be together on Christmas day. It was glorious!

I received lots of love from my wife, son, daughter, son in law, brother in law, sister in law and five rescue dogs. That made my Christmas fantastic. Oh yes, and way too much food. burp

:farmer:

In my opinion, thats what Christmas is all about...and not just going out there with the plastic card and going crazy.:thumbsup2:

After 23 years together, the gift giving seems to have gotten more practical then romantic or holiday oriented. I got an 18volt Rigid drill kit and I got her a Dyson vacuum!

Btw: the Rigid drill came with two lithium ion batteries, quick charger, carry bag and is super light weight....best of all everything, batteries included come with a lifetime guarantee from home depot....real cool.

......and the Dyson works great :)

Happy Holidays all.....

If I'd have bought a Vacuum for Jeannie as a gift I'd be in the dog house for months :doh:

GOOD health for me and my Harley ridin other half . She also got a new computer and a new winter coat. My better half got me (thanks to YamaDuck) A new seat for my MM , man its pretty and so comforatable guess she finally got the hint after riding and listen to my cryin about my backside and leggs ... lookin forward now to a looong road trip we are planning for Oct to go see my Dad in GA and kids/grandkids and sister in Fla. via NC and returning thru ALA. Other than that had to work on Christmas day ... but after 20 in the Navy and now working for the railroad it kinda a norm,,,at least i wasnt lookin at water as far as the eye could :mustache:see. God Bless those whom are over seas protecting whats left of our great country... For them there are no days off !!!

I finnaly got a pair of heated gloves. Gerbing T5s.

They are awesome. I also picked up a harley police bike air seat. I tried the roadking seat and it didnt fit. Th solo air seat needs a little tweaking but its comming along nicely. And it is comfortable as hell.

Plus I got a harbor freight welders mask.

Not too mention all the crappy gifts like a shark knit hat with tassles( yes Im a guy) a zebra print snuggie and a corrections color orange sweatshirt.:confused24: