IGNORED

Second gen trailer hitch

One of my winter projects is to put a hitch on my 2007 RSV. I am looking for suggestions on what brand you all use and what you recommend. Thanks

There are a couple of guys on this boards that have made hitch receivers. I picked up an R-Mark for my '99RSV that does a great job. I thought about one of those hidden hitches, but they were more than I could afford. One of the things I did pick up and like a lot is a gimbled hitch ball instead of a rotating coupler. Towed the trailer for the first time to Cody in July... and I'd never towed a trailer before... and it was a piece of cake. No problems what-so-ever.....

When you get done looking at all of those other hitches, check out CarbonOne's hitch. He sells them here in the classifieds. I went to his house and he built one right there and we installed it that night. He has them already made and ready to ship. Towed my trailer from Michigan to Colorado this summer with absolutely no issues. You can barely notice it without the ball in place. Well made at a decent price. I installed his passenger arm rests and Stebel horn bracket, also great products.

When you get done looking at all of those other hitches, check out CarbonOne's hitch. He sells them here in the classifieds. I went to his house and he built one right there and we installed it that night. He has them already made and ready to ship. Towed my trailer from Michigan to Colorado this summer with absolutely no issues. You can barely notice it without the ball in place. Well made at a decent price. I installed his passenger arm rests and Stebel horn bracket, also great products.

:thumbsup2: on that hitch !

I didn"t see Carbon One's hitch in the Member Vendor section.

:farmer:

That's because I haven't ever offered any for sale here in the classifieds. As Rickardracing said I did build one for him & his brother's venture.

I do intend to get some built sometime soon (probably after Christmas) as I want to build up welding jigs for them first, so stay tuned .

Also I haven't decided to build a conventional hitch or a hidden style or both. Maybe some input here will guide me in what most folks would prefer.

Larry

That's because I haven't ever offered any for sale here in the classifieds. As Rickardracing said I did build one for him & his brother's venture.

I do intend to get some built sometime soon (probably after Christmas) as I want to build up welding jigs for them first, so stay tuned .

Also I haven't decided to build a conventional hitch or a hidden style or both. Maybe some input here will guide me in what most folks would prefer.

Larry

I can wait until you have it down. Love you lift assembly and legs.

:farmer:

Larry

I have the hidden hitch with plastic end cap for when not using the hitch, keeps the looks clean and hardly noticeable until you slide in the hitch end. I also have the three flag pole adapter to fit it. Works nice, easy to install.

I have the hidden hitch from Diamond R Accessories and like the hidden part, quality item. I only use my trailer once a year so I really didn't want anything visible. Only thing I would change is the safety chain hook up......may change that this winter.

Keith

One of my winter projects is to put a hitch on my 2007 RSV. I am looking for suggestions on what brand you all use and what you recommend. Thanks
I would recommend you read my Posts, R-Mark Receiver hitch and stinger dated Nov 2010. See pictures attached as it might help some also. Another trick is to get a small allen wrench that fits the bolts behind the saddlebags and CUT the end of the allen wrench much smaller. Cutting the allen wrench will allow you to removed the support screws behind the saddlebags without removing the bags. It works. Real my post under, DanC. Easy to install. DanC:guitarist 2:

Hillis, a member here, also makes hitches.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-ROYAL-STAR-VENTURE-TOUR-DELUXE-TRAILER-HITCH-/230708327201?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item35b749b321

If you type in trailer hitches royal star venture on ebay, pinwall also is offering a used hitch and the bid is currently 74 bucks.