IGNORED

V-12 engine in your Venture

SilvrT

No cooling jacket, oilpump, or ignition?

Bill

I think he is using the line in as a power source just to drive the engine. I don't think it's running on it's own. He never installed alot of things as in a normal engine. All pretty cool though!

I think he is using the line in as a power source just to drive the engine. I don't think it's running on it's own. He never installed alot of things as in a normal engine. All pretty cool though!

Something about the camshaft gears didn't look right. You made me go back and look.

The cams turn at the same speed as the crankshaft, not at half speed like an internal combustion engine. It's essentially a steam engine, but I bet he's running it with compressed air.

This is pretty wild for old time machining, but did I miss the spark plugs?

Yes you did (as did the builder).......and valves.......and piston rings.

Cute little project, but definitely more of a Meccano set or miniature Lego than a 'working model'.

Even if we could "assume" that he put in all those 'missing' items when we weren't looking...the shot at the end, with it running....'er, turning, was the dead give-away: she'd a been screamin like a little banshee if it were really "combusting".

Yeah, whoever said it......big BOO on those slotted screws. (That was actually the first clue about non-authenticity!)

Mike

Something about the camshaft gears didn't look right. You made me go back and look.

The cams turn at the same speed as the crankshaft, not at half speed like an internal combustion engine. It's essentially a steam engine, but I bet he's running it with compressed air.

2 strokes turn 1 to 1. 4 strokes turn 2 to 1.