IGNORED

WOW - Talk about highway robbery

saddlebum

I just got my insurance renewal :Avatars_Gee_George: from Echelon General Insurance Company, through Riders Plus. I thought these guy's were supposed to be biker friendly. It went up approximatly $200.00 to a painful $812.00. That is roughly a 33 % increase, no tickets, no accidents and no claims. That was for one million liability only. No collision, fire or theft, for my 89. How do they justify such a whopping increase at a time when the average worker is lucky to even get a 2% raise If they even get one at all. I know some who haven't had a raise in 4 years and then there are the ones who have even been unemployed.

:Avatars_Gee_George: :Avatars_Gee_George: :Avatars_Gee_George: :Avatars_Gee_George: :Avatars_Gee_George: :Avatars_Gee_George:

Edited by saddlebum

2007 Gold Wing, insured by AARP Foremost, residing in Indianapolis, IN. -- $449.00 with pretty good coverage, including roadside assist. Premiums can be higher or lower by quite a bit depending on coverage.

Dairyland ins on 07 midnight $2800 accsessiores $210 yr.

thats what they charge for "high risk"

2007 Gold Wing, insured by AARP Foremost, residing in Indianapolis, IN. -- $449.00 with pretty good coverage, including roadside assist. Premiums can be higher or lower by quite a bit depending on coverage.

Same as mine for my 2010 goldwing mine is 440. and change: AARP with Foremost and roadside they even called and asked what size tires on your bike. when i asked why? they told me if you have a flat we can send one on the truck for you; not sure how that would work out but sure was a good feeling when they asked me:thumbsup2:

Dray:twing:

I just got my insurance renewal :Avatars_Gee_George: from Echelon General Insurance Company, through Riders Plus. I thought these guy's were supposed to be biker friendly. It went up approximatly $200.00 to a painful $812.00. That is roughly a 33 % increase, no tickets, no accidents and no claims. How do they justifie such a whopping increase at a time when the average worker is lucky to even get a 2% raise If they even get one at all. I know some who haven't had a raise in 4 years and then there are the ones who have even been unemployed.

:Avatars_Gee_George: :Avatars_Gee_George: :Avatars_Gee_George: :Avatars_Gee_George: :Avatars_Gee_George: :Avatars_Gee_George:

Actually, most companies had a hefty increase this year. They did poorly in some other categories, so sticking it to bikers, boaters, etc. is a great way for them to recoup their losses. They know that there is little we can do about it. That rate through Riders Plus is quite good compared to the $2,300 that I was quoted by at least one other company on my 2000 RSV when I was shopping around...and that was without collision coverage! Oh, don't forget...Riders Plus is just a broker...Echelon is the company that is zapping us.

Too bad we can't get that through the states. My car insurance went up $400 this year so I shopped around and saved about $300 of that with CAA Insurance.

Andy

Edited by darthandy
Added info

A lot of insurance premiums are dictated by states in the US. I know that North Carolina is high and Florida is low. There are many in between. I have GEICO and they were the cheapest three years ago and have not gone up since that I know of. I will get another bill for the bike soon. I have the cars with them also and that did not go up this year.

:farmer:

No comparison between the states & Canadian or from province to province.

ICBC (BC Govt) with its rippoff rates, is over $800 for PLPD on the 83 VR (after a 43% discount), same coverage in Alberta is $60.

:mo money::mo money::mo money:

Good thing I haven't been home for long, so I can delay doing the switch over, for a bit.