IGNORED

First Two-Up Ride with the hubby

imagesinthewind

I'm a control freak. There. I said it.

This means I am not a good passenger, I want to be in control because then

I cannot be mad at anyone but me if something untoward happens.

I rode, for the first time, on the back of a moto with my husband.

I have ridden behind before, but never with Tom. I'm not sure if

it's a trust issue or what, but today I decided to give it a try and

trust that he won't do stupid things and kill me.

It was fun after about 20 minutes. There were some twisties and

I've always thought he takes curves to fast, so I just closed my eyes and turned my head

toward the curve, so I didn't try and correct with my body. Ended up being a nice ride,

my weight on the bike allowed him to be closer to flat feet so he was stable at

stops (my biggest concern).

We might even do it again!

Guest tx2sturgis

Images, your tagline lists a Honda CM400A Automatic.

That sure brings back memories. Way back in 1980 or so, me and my girlfriend at the time bought a nice used green one that had black saddlebags and a windshield...what a nice easy city bike that was. Of course, back then I weighed much less than I do now. Anyway, she rode the 400 and I rode the 750 Suzuki all over the area. We sure had fun with that bike.

We sold it for what we had in it a year or so later...kinda wish I still had it.

I dont suppose you would be inclined to post some pictures of it would you?

For whatever reason, we never took any pictures of the bike. I do have pictures of the girlfriend...but she passed away many years ago.

Oh and BTW...many women enjoy riding pillion...( see I didnt say the 'other' word...theres hope for me yet!)

:innocent:

My wife was the same way.On her first ride,wich was just around the block.She was so scared,she held her breath darn near the whole time.I had to keep telling her to breath.From then on,the more she rode the more she liked it.Now i can't go anywhere with out her.She loves it and I injoy having her be part of it all. So hang in there,and injoy the ride.:happy34:

My wife was the same way.On her first ride,wich was just around the block.She was so scared,she held her breath darn near the whole time.I had to keep telling her to breath.From then on,the more she rode the more she liked it.Now i can't go anywhere with out her.She loves it and I injoy having her be part of it all. So hang in there,and injoy the ride.:happy34:

Taters is the same way....I love riding with her but also terrified of something ever happening with her on the back ....I pray that never happens...she refers to the rsv as "her bike"...wish she would wash and wax it once in a while..:fnd_(16):

You're like my wife, she wouldn't get on the bike either though she had ridden as a passenger before, I just let her be and about a year later she suddenly climbed on. then, when i got the sidecar, she was telling me I might as well sell the thing, 'cause she wasn't about to get in it. I let her be again and one day she just gets in, I didn't say a word:innocent: she still will close her eyes and drop her head if we run into a stretch she doesn't like, she's also quick to tell me to slow down and she's very good at "communicating" (a la "Top Gun") with drivers who are, uhh ... , shall we say, not as sensitive and considerate to the presence of motorcycles.

ride if you want, not because you think you should, you'll be a better passenger and you'll enjoy the ride more.

My wife Penny climbed on the back of the 07 last week for the very first time. She to is a control freak. She really enjoyed the ride. Only negative remark she made was that I was lumbering a little in some of the turns. To which I promptly replied: I'm just not use to the extra weight:duck:

That was SARCASM by the way... Pennys all of 120 lbs. sopping wet...

You all are trying to get me in trouble by all this sharing... :Avatars_Gee_George:

My Marilyn was alot like that as well. She rode twice with me on journeys. Once was to the first "International" in Potatoe Creek in 05. After that trip I knew that she would not be with me again. She too needed to be in control and is basically an Alpha female. We got her a bike and she is happy as a clam.

She had to ride once more with me on a longish trip but that was because she couldnt ride because of knee surgery.

Those that know her know she can ride, fixes stuff herself, carb tunes my bike for me ( yes, fellas its true!). When she got her bike I made her learn how to work on her bike so she wouldnt have to depend on me if I wasnt around.

There are a few other things she is very good at as well....but we wont get into that.:cool10::whistling:

Taters is the same way....I love riding with her but also terrified of something ever happening with her on the back ....I pray that never happens...she refers to the rsv as "her bike"...wish she would wash and wax it once in a while..:fnd_(16):

I use to worry about how much money i was spending on my bike....Now i worry how much money robin is spending on her...I mean my...imean our bike.

First time I took my wife (then a VERY new girlfriend) on a ride we went down.

We were on a tight corner with rolling bumps, on a road of VERY smooth chip and tar finish.

Between the centrifical force, the bumps and the added weight of a passenger, the rear end bottomed out and just spit the wheel out from under us.

We slid along like we were on ice!

I ended up with very minor road rash, she had a bump on her ankle and the bike had minor damage.

She forgave me....but She never did like bikes too much :rotf:and 30 years later...it hasn't changed much.

I'm riding about 530 miles to MD....alone!

She will only ride about an hour at a time and that's her...done.:fiddle:

Why should she, she has you washing and waxing the bike. :rotf::rotf:

I hope the pay is good :whistling::whistling:

Those that know her know she can ride, fixes stuff herself, carb tunes my bike for me ( yes, fellas its true!). When she got her bike I made her learn how to work on her bike so she wouldnt have to depend on me if I wasnt around.

Now you depend on her, to fix yours.... :stickpoke::duck:

Control Freak describes my wife, but she is cured now, at least on the bike. She used to sit there and hit me on the helmet and yell at me to look out for the dog/car etc. I waited until we had a clear road and when she hit me again I swerved and yelled " What?". She never hit me or yelled again. We made a run from Abbotsford to the ferry which was a bit fast as we were late and when we got to the terminal she said she was exhausted. I said she shouldn't be, all she had to do was sit there and she was sheltered behind me. She replied "No, I drove every inch of the way". lol.

My wife used to enjoy riding on my Virago 750 when we were dating. That was 25 years ago. But now, she won't even sit on the bike. :confused24: I'm hoping that eventually she will see how much fun I'm having and want to join in. In the meantime, I'm just trying to be patient.

My wife never rode before she met me... Took her a while to feel safe on the bike then I did a few mods on the bike and its hard as hell to ride alone now.....

Now shes talking about me buying her a bike of her own...its going to be tough...Shes only 5 foot nothing... I wonder if a tricycle would be short enough...hee hee

When I first met my lady Linda, which was from her asking me about a picture of me in front of the eight foot tall bike at the motorcycle museum in Maggie Valley, she had never been on a motorcycle. As we got to know each other, she told me several times she would ride with me as she had learned how important motorcycle riding was to me.

Well, one day I stopped by her house and when she came out, her eyes were big as saucers. I finally talked her into sitting on the back and she said it was actually comfortable, but she was scared it was going to fall over. After she settled down a little, I put the helmet on her and mine on me and turned on the intercom and she liked that. Then she asked me if I would take her around the block. So, very carefully and smooth, we went for a ride. When we got back to her house, she wanted to go for a another ride and asked me how she did. I told her she done great and the only problem I had was she had had a death grip on my nipples with her fingernails. Ok, so we got past that.

In the previous 14 years I have had this bike, the most miles in any year was about 8,000 miles. This past year I put about 12,000 miles on it and most of it was with her on the back. I really do feel very fortunate to have had someone come into my life after my divorce that not only loves to ride, but she is a great passenger and the miles seem to go by so fast with all the chatter we have.

We are supposed to leave out Thursday morning to go to my first Maintenance Day and I am so happy she will be accompanying me. This long weekend will be a bit over a thousand miles and I know she will do great.

I want everyone to give her a big welcome as she is a very special lady and I feel very fortunate to have her with me.:bighug:

RandyA