IGNORED

New contest and other info

Freebird

OK folks, here's the thing. Motorcycle Gear, previously New Enough, has changed the program that they have used for a long time. The old program allowed you to designate your "favorite club" and then they put a dollar in the clubs account that I could then use as prizes and etc. in contests. They have now discontinued that program.

They are now using a "affiliates code" like many other online advertisers do. They will now pay a small fee if a buyer enters their site from clicking on a banner. So, I am asking you to please use the banner that rotates at the upper right of the forum and the home page if you go to Motorcycle Gear to place an order. If you go to their site via your own bookmarks and etc., VentureRider will get no credit for your purchases. The same is true of Jake Wilson and Motorcycle Superstore. If you don't go to their sites by clicking on the banner at the top of our site, we get no credit for your purchases there. I don't fill our site with a lot of banners because I don't want this site to be about bombarding you with advertisements but if you use the few that I have at the top, it does help to support the club.

Also, we have $159.00 in our old account with them and we have to give it away now or will lose it. So, we need to have a contest and the winner will receive a $159.00 gift certificate from Motorcycle Gear. I will give it some thought and come up with something later today. I will make a new post when I decide what kind of contest it will be this time. It will be something simple though and probably run for a week.

OK folks, here's the thing. Motorcycle Gear, previously New Enough, has changed the program that they have used for a long time. The old program allowed you to designate your "favorite club" and then they put a dollar in the clubs account that I could then use as prizes and etc. in contests. They have now discontinued that program.

They are now using a "affiliates code" like many other online advertisers do. They will now pay a small fee if a buyer enters their site from clicking on a banner. So, I am asking you to please use the banner that rotates at the upper right of the forum and the home page if you go to Motorcycle Gear to place an order. If you go to their site via your own bookmarks and etc., VentureRider will get no credit for your purchases. The same is true of Jake Wilson and Motorcycle Superstore. If you don't go to their sites by clicking on the banner at the top of our site, we get no credit for your purchases there. I don't fill our site with a lot of banners because I don't want this site to be about bombarding you with advertisements but if you use the few that I have at the top, it does help to support the club.

Also, we have $159.00 in our old account with them and we have to give it away now or will lose it. So, we need to have a contest and the winner will receive a $159.00 gift certificate from Motorcycle Gear. I will give it some thought and come up with something later today. I will make a new post when I decide what kind of contest it will be this time. It will be something simple though and probably run for a week.

I know, the first reply to this post wins !!!!!:dancefool:

How 'bout this:

The first person to explain how he/she has dropped his/her bike more times than the # of years he/she has owned it. (For the life of me, I don't know how I came up with that one.)

Or, the first person to be grabbed by a Pond Monster more than once. No wait, "sponsors" are ineligible. (Besides, did it really happen if nobody saw it?)

I know, the first person to prove that the VentureRider Guardian Bells actually work. (Is it proof when nothing bad has happened? Yet.)

Or how 'bout . . . .

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE ANONYMITY OF THE POSTING IN THIS THREAD OF THIS ONLINE FORUM.

A beautiful day here in Arkansas (temperature wise anyway)...and I got my bike out for a nice little 125 miles.

But sadly, the bike just quit for no reason. I was 17 miles from home.

I had the dealer come pick it up and they said it needed a link of wire and a fuse replaced.

Here is what they charged me:

Towing: $48.00

Fuse Replaced: $22.50

Rewire Gustav Relay: $28.75

Labor: $49.00

SUBTOTAL: $148.25

Tax (7.25%) $10.75

TOTAL AMT OWED: $159.00

I have NO IDEA where I will get this exact amount of money? :bawling:

I would still be there arguing with them. Why would it not be covered under warranty and why was towing not FREE as it should be with the roadside assistance that came with your bike?

As for the contest, yes, I always use a random number generator to pick the winner.

I would still be there arguing with them. Why would it not be covered under warranty and why was towing not FREE as it should be with the roadside assistance that came with your bike?

As for the contest, yes, I always use a random number generator to pick the winner.

so just how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootie pop:doh: