IGNORED

No Brain idiots wandering my neighborhood.

Snaggletooth

I got to say, I wonder about how the brain fuctions for some of these wannabe bad boys.

I came home from work this afternoon with an armload of groceries and found that when I grabbed the doorknob it felt odd. Not round anymore. More oval shaped. When I left for work at 4:00 AM it was round to the best of my recall. Taking a closer look it was smashed and the shank had scars on it like those of a channel lock or pipe wrench. Nice. Custom!

The key hole had a piece of wire stuck in it and broken off. That sucked. I couldn't open my own front door.

Called my security company and a locksmith. The security guy told me there has been a rash of attempted break-ins on my block. During the day most the time. No sucessful entries but they did try.

The thing is there is a dead bolt right above the door knob. Guess they didn't notice that. And a quick look in the front window they would have been looking directly into the security camera (which was on and blinking) pointing at the porch. Not very observant.

So the locksmith got me in and installed a new doorknob and rekeyed the deadbolt also.

He was laughing because if the door had been opened they would have noticed the security chain for sure and the audibule alarm (95db) from the system and the stobe lights firing in every room. (I have a major hear loss so lights are my alert and defense)

So I stepped into my lil office room and checked the cameras. Yep. Got him. No good shot of his face (damned hoodie) but he was fun to watch for like almost 5 minutes screwing with the door. But as he left I got a nice shot at the back of his hoodie with a company name on it. Nice and clear. I burned a copy for the security guy and another one for the LEO that stopped by. They enjoyed it.

So I guess I'll keep my eyes open for a moron wandering around my area advertising for the lucky company. I'd like to introduce myself. Maybe with a pipe wrench to his knob.

The sad part is....as he has not actually been able to sucessfully enter a home, the only thing they say they can charge him with is vandalism.

And I live in a "nice" area. Just happens to be filled with idiots. Nuttin worse that a stupid crook.

:rant:

I do feel for you. I have lived here for 34 years and have never locked my doors. No need to. I do not own a gun. No need to. I have never been assaulted. we have full medical, for both of us it costs about $ 150.00 per year. I like it . I am not bragging. I am just saying that there is a difference in philosophy.

Lucky they didn't try that at my house. With both cars in the garage, you can't tell we're home. If he'd of gotten in here he'd of had a sever case of lead poisioning.

you have make sure they get IN - inside the home is the operative sentence. and then you HAVE to be in fear of your life. if those 2 items occur, then there will be funeral expenses for the perps family.

If you and the idiot is in Your home, and, you are " in fear for your life"...

Well, it's probably not going to turn out to good for him...

Personally I don't want to shoot someone in my house unless I have to, cause I'd end up having to clean the mess up...:confused24:

Hopefully the police will ID this idiot and surveil him until he trips up. Probably needs money for drugs...

You just can't fix STUPID!:backinmyday:

you have make sure they get IN - inside the home is the operative sentence. and then you HAVE to be in fear of your life. if those 2 items occur, then there will be funeral expenses for the perps family.

Have a look here if you wish to remain within the law. This applies in Michigan.

Sailor,

Your medical insurance cost you more than 150.00 per year. That's why people from Canada are always complaining on this site about the high cost of everything in Canada compaired to the US. Shipping is more, insurance is more, motorcycles, hamburgers, you name it. You might not pay more than 150.00 directly but indirectly you are paying dearly.

I also have a big ass kicking dog...lol I pity the fool that has to deal with him one on one.

Good looking Bouv! We've had two of 'em over the years and Nobody wanted to mess with 'em, yet they were great with the grandkids when they were tiny. I've got pictures of the first one asleep with my two very small granddaughters sleeping on TOP of the dog!

A Bouv and a 12 gauge is about as safe as you can get!:whistling:

Sailor,

Your medical insurance cost you more than 150.00 per year. That's why people from Canada are always complaining on this site about the high cost of everything in Canada compaired to the US. Shipping is more, insurance is more, motorcycles, hamburgers, you name it. You might not pay more than 150.00 directly but indirectly you are paying dearly.

that may be true but on the other hand in the case of severe medical situations we don't risk loosing our homes and everything we own in order to pay of costly medical bills

Most states have passed a Castle doctrine law----each state is a little different,but very basicly it states-----A person may use deadly forsce against any individual who unlawfully and forcibly enters that person's dwelling, residence or ocupied vehicle. The attacker does not even have to employ deadly force himself to legitimize the use of deadly force by the defender. The defender is presumed to be acting lawfully when he is in one of the three areas mentioned above. Ohio has passed a Castle doctrine. Again this is a very basic description of Castle doctrine law. This law also protects you from a civil suit against you by the attacker's family.

Can I just come up and visit you, and hang out, in the bushes around your house.??????

Like that wouldn't look a lil odd. Got enough of those locally. :scratchchin:

I love the term "Deadly Force". Under Nebraska law, and local, in order to use "Deadly Force" you have to have already been attacked and injured in order to defend yourself. So your laying on the ground injured, bleeding, lets say a knife sticking out of your ribs and the attacker turns and walks away, you're no longer permited to defend yourself as he has broken off the attack, no longer armed and leaving.

The lesson I learned from that train of thought is use a big enough caliber gun to spin his butt around and shoot him again in the front. Let somebody else figure out which hole was made first.

Not afraid of much in my own home. The defenses are mulitipule choice. Some people think the hickory nightstick hanging above the front door is conversation piece. Well, it does speak for itself.

I'm not a little guy. I'm 6'3" and 285 lbs. The more perseptive folks can usually pick up on when I'm not pleased. My daughter had a problem a couple of years ago when she held a party here with some friends. I was upstairs when she came up and told me there was somebody downstairs that she had not invited and causing problems. I went down and talked to the guy, a kid, about 20 years old. Told him I would like him to leave. He just laughed at me and told me to "f" off. I smiled at him and told him he had three choices to make in the next ten seconds. Walk out the door on his own, since I had asked nicely, or if I had to tell him to leave again he could go through the door and I wasn't going to open it first, or he could go through a window but that window was on the second floor and I wasn't going to open it first either. At about 9 seconds he turned and walked out the door on his own.

One of her friends was laughing and told her that it was so weird that I was smiling through the whole thing. My daughters response.....and she knows me so well, "He wasn't smiling, he was showing his teeth. It's not good when he shows his teeth"

If I catch this fool that busted up my door he's first thought is going to be "Oh, what a happy guy." His second thought is going to be "Damn that hurt."

Not worth shooting anybody over for sure, but if I catch anyone in my home uninvited they are going to have a heck of a time getting back out without spending some "quality time" with me. Let them figure out what happened when they wake up.

I'm still a lil bit miffed over the deal. Does it show? :whistling:

Depends on which state.

Some states can have a lower threshold for self defense, defense of home, and or property.

that may be true but on the other hand in the case of severe medical situations we don't risk loosing our homes and everything we own in order to pay of costly medical bills

God forbid you should have to pay your own bills and take care of yourself.

May your chains rest lightly upon you.

I love the term "Deadly Force". Under Nebraska law, and local, in order to use "Deadly Force" you have to have already been attacked and injured in order to defend yourself. So your laying on the ground injured, bleeding, lets say a knife sticking out of your ribs and the attacker turns and walks away, you're no longer permited to defend yourself as he has broken off the attack, no longer armed and leaving.

Not afraid of much in my own home. The defenses are mulitipule choice. Some people think the hickory nightstick hanging above the front door is conversation piece. Well, it does speak for itself.

I'm still a lil bit miffed over the deal. Does it show? :whistling:

Thats a shame--As of Jan. 2009, Nebraska does not have a Castle doctrine law. Who knows now. Alot of states and people are finally figuring out that anyone who forces entry into your home, their intentions are not good anyway--so the states are passing laws so you can protect yourself and family before the intruder threatens or attacks. Which is a good thing. People are getting fed up with the criminal getting their wrist slapped.

Some may argue that an intruder was just going to steal your possessions and they can be replaced---but that sometimes quickly changes when the intruder is confronted or your young daughter or wife, or young son is found alone in the house. Criminals just do not think or act like upstanding citizens.

It depends on where you are in Canada. Things on the west coast cost a lot more than the same items on the east coast. They claim that is the cost of living in paradise! I think it is just a rip off. I used to work for the airlines in Vancouver. We would get shipments at the airport and send them air freight back to Toronto and Montreal. A week later you would see the same items for sale $50.00 in Vancouver $40.00 in Toronto and $30.00 in Montreal. I imagine it is the same in the States. It is a lot costlier in New York than in Texas. As for the medical, I have had cancer twice now. Treatments, transportation and even meals cost me nothing. What would 7 weeks of daily radiation and a year of drugs and injections cost? I have no idea.

Hmmm.. Interesting discussion. It got my curiosity up, so I looked it up and this is what Georgia law says on the subject.

Georgia’s law relating to self-defense, the defense of others, and the defense of habitations and property is contained in the Official Code of Georgia.
The Official Code of Georgia can be found Online HERE.

1. Self-Defense and Defense of Others

O.C.G.A. § 16-3-21 (2008): Use of force in defense of self or others, including justifiable homicide; conflicting rules.

Summary: This code section contains the law of self-defense where an individual is defending his or herself or a third-person against the imminent use of unlawful force by another. The threat or use of force is appropriate if an actor reasonably believes that such force is necessary. Deadly force or that likely to cause great bodily injury is only authorized if an actor reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury, or the commission of a forcible felony.

O.C.G.A. § 16-1-3(6) (2008): “Forcible felony” defined.

Summary: This code section defines a “forcible felony” to mean any felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any person.

O.C.G.A. § 16-3-23.1 (2008): Use of force in defense of habitation, property, self, or others; no duty to retreat.

Summary: This section affirms one of Georgia’s common law traditions by stating that an individual acting under O.C.G.A. 16-3-21 has no duty to retreat and he or she has the right to stand his or her ground when acting in defense.

O.C.G.A. § 16-3-22 (2008): Persons rendering assistance to law enforcement officers.

Summary: This code section states the law of defense where an individual renders assistance to a law enforcement officer who is being hindered in the performance of his official duties or whose life is being endangered by the conduct of another. This section provides the same immunity to a responding citizen that a law enforcement officer is protected under, provided the responding citizen acts reasonably and in good faith. The law enforcement agency’s report creates a rebuttable presumption of good faith on part of the responding citizen.

In other words, if I am reading this right, If somebody comes into my home, uninvited, then they can deal with whatever the consequences are.
:2cents:

They were dumber than most for sure. Doing apt maintenance in my younger days. When tenants tried to lock us out cause they were evicted we used a pipe wrench on the locks. Used right it only takes a couple of minutes to get into the average quikset or schlage lockset. Even the deadbolt. Cheaper than replacing a door/door jamb or window. Cordless drills are pretty fast on the basic lock also. Drill and tap out the tumblers and your in.