IGNORED

ouch! needs to practice that

friesman

A lady friend from Star Needed her bike loaded, and sure enough, One of our not so smart ass members tried to load it for her, on to a truck., up the ramp he goes, and down goes the bike, on top of him. after, a body inspection, he tries it again, this time, makes it up the ramp. but cant get the bike to stop, and crashes into the front of the box.

Lady lady called her insurance company, But made the damn ass guy pay the 500 deductible

for trashing her bike.

Now, No one in the club, even found out about the crashes. Until My wife and I opened our mouths at one of the last meetings. talk about embarrassed the S*** out of him.

I wish I could put it up on a billboard, On a major roadway, so everyone would know.:doh::stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I loaded a Honda dual use bike 350 cc into a Uhaul one time. That wood floor is slick and I ended up hitting the bulkhead of the truck pretty hard. No damage but definitely had the heart rate up.

I love watching people load Snowmobiles and especially Boats. I could spend an afternoon watching the Boaters trying to get their boats on or off their trailer.

BOO

I cant beleive how inept some people are at doing this stuff. I was with one of my friends helping him load his 06 vmax into the back of his pickup. He was using 2 2x10s pushed together as a ramp when he got about 3/4 of the way up the boards pushed apart and the vmax back tire fell thru, landing the vmax frame onto the trucks tailgate. THat was a big adrenaline rush trying to stop that scoot from hitting the pavement.

Brian

One advantage of living in the country with a septic mound system. Just back the truck up to the mound and drive the bike up the other side and into the truck. Sometimes a short, shallow ramp is still needed.

This type of loading is done much better with a come-along than by engine power. Glad it wasn't one of my bikes.

RR

once to load a bike the easy way, i rode my bike thru my brothers coffee store to his raised loading dock at the rear of the building. We didnt wait for the place to close either, it was out in the industrial area of town and most of the customers were warehouse workers and guys who rode bikes.

Now its real easy to load and unload my bike daily from my enclosed trailer with the drop down door/ramp, i havnt dropped it off the ramp yet! lol

Brian

Maybe I'm wrong here but looking at the video the biggest problem was the grade of the driveway. If they would have taken a couple of minutes to pull the truck ahead, even into the street for a couple of mintues that ramp would been a lot closer to level.

Not saying that it would have stopped the tool from screwing up, but a better chance of survival for the bike.

I'll quit thinking now. Gives me headaches.

Mike

You can see in the video when the back tire hits the end of the ramp it bounces the rider off to the left side of the seat causing the bike to fall to that side. :bang head: That is why i use a 10ft. long x 4ft. wide wheel chair ramp to load my bike into my pickup truck, plenty of room on the sides to put your feet down to help balance the bike going in and off the truck and it's rated for 1100 pounds. :banana:

Just For FYI to the folks that neet to do this.

Most Grocery stores have ramps on the back of their building, OR a County Dump, will have one near there scales

Yep, that's how we loaded a Honda ST1300 and an FJR1300 on the back of our ute:thumbsup2:

Return trip home we backed up to a small hill/mound and loaded them. Walked them up--not rode them :sign yeah that:

Brake pad,

Maybe I just didn't get it, but are you saying "no good deed is left unpunished?"

If a lady needed help getting her bike into the back of her truck, I would try to help her out.

It does however bring up the implicatiions of being a good sumaritan... Definately something to think about. Cost him $500 just because he wanted to help her out?