IGNORED

Water Proof Gloves???

wes0778

From a guy that lives on the Wet Coast.... I don't think there is such a thing. Buy the best you find in your shops one size big and wear some latex style gloves under them. The most water proof gloves I have are from the bicycle shop I use. But they would not have much protection for your hands if you did hit the ground.

:rain2::rain2::rain2:

I do have a good set of leather gloves and I use the protection cream from my boots on them and it keeps them water resistant but if it gets real wet.... nothing really works.

Edited by kevin-vic-b.c.
forgot some information

First Gear makes some rubber gloves that look like dishwashing gloves, except thicker. They are the only gloves that will keep your hands 100% dry. I wear a pair of fleece hunting gloves under them for warmth and to keep sweat at bay. I have tried many so-called waterproof riding gloves, none work as good as the rubber gloves. :thumbsup2:

The Gerbing T5 are reported to be water proof. I have the G3's and other gloves heated and regular, and spray them once a year with Camp Dry. That seems to work for me. Works good on boots also, but not so well on tennis shoes,,,:think:

An old trick I read about and tried years ago works for me. Surgical gloves inside regular gloves keeps your hands warmer and dry. Works every time. The gloves get wet but your hands don't:thumbsup2:

I dont think I want to know why you would keep surgical rubber gloves around.....:whistling:

Brian:rotfl:

Guest Ken8143

I got me some Joe Rocket gloves - "blackguard" I think. They do real good. Rode day and a half in rain with dry hands. Got some glove liners and that adds a bit of extra warmth and keeps the clammy-ness down. I love them. Rubber gloves are good. But do you find your hands sweating inside them?

check out Cabela's.com

last night i ordered 5 pairs of different type gloves

they are having a sale on several

under armor winter gloves, cabela gloves

many waterproof and great for riding

on long runs i like mittens and found a pair for 9.99 on thrie sale.

shamue

Got Frog Toggs

Got rain liner for my Tourmaster jacket

Got water proof wind pants

and

Got water proof/repelent Vega boots

But

have never seen mentioned

water proof gloves.

:confused24: What is available?

You know guys,

I'm surprised that someone has not mentioned SealSkinz gloves which are waterproof. For years I used neoprene icefishing gloves, but my hands sweated in them and in cold weather they did not keep your hands warm. But what I was looking for was a glove that I could use in a summer downpour... and the SealSkinz were exactly what I was looking for and I found them at BassPro. Frankly they look and feel like cotten glove liners and they breath like Gortex and I keep them in my rain gear bag.

http://www.greatoutdoorsdepot.com/seal-skinz-gloves.html

Hope this helps,

Rick

I've had success with two variations over the years:

For general riding, what we call 'Elephant's Ears' - handlebar muffs. The big sizes, not the smaller cheaper ones. Somehow on the motorway your hands will still get wet eventually, but a fairing and taping around the handlebar/muff join reduce these considerably.

For cold weather and rain or snow-storm, Rukka used to do (and may still do) an over-mitt that goes over your gloves and half way up your arm. Unfortunately they cut them flat (ie as if your thumb sticks out sideways) so they were never as comfortable as they could be and were generally too bulky to be justified in any but the worst conditions.