IGNORED

Sold my trike today - look what happened!

Godlover

I sold my trike and the guy picked it up today and left around 1:00pm. At 1:45pm some drunk drove through my garage right where my trike was sitting. I am storing an 09 Trike for a friend that has 500 miles on it and it took a hit. Check out my pictures! What a day!!! No one was hurt!

Wow...good thing you weren't working on that trike!

It looks like just superficial damage...ding on rear fender, some scratches....any real damage to the trike?

:mo money::mo money::mo money:

The trike was hit on the side so not sure of frame damage. The couple who own it would like it totaled cause she's afraid of riding a prior damaged bike. He rode it out of the garage so I assume it can be fixed. We will see. I feel bad for them cause they worked so hard to get it.

My ex wife got broken into once! She evidently was having a spat with her boyfriend who had gotten caught drilling the next door neighbor. She kept pestering him via the phone and he had threatened to break in if she did not stop. When she asked me for advice I told her to file a report. Why do women ask your advice only to ignore it? Cops told her that if she had of filed they could have done something but unfortunately it was her word against his. I could not really be angry with the guy. The only thing he had done was cut her phone cord into little tiny pieces!!

But back to your story. the pictures reminded me of what she told the cops when they mentioned that he really trashed the place. She looked around a little confused, the house looking its normal cluttered, unkeep, disared, mess and then, light bulb going off in her head, replied "yep he sure did!!"

Yep, Godlover, he really trashed your garage!!

Hope you don't fall into the 'underinsured' trap. Ask Yammerdan about it. Basically your insurance company doesn't have to pay a thing since it wasn't your fault. The onus is on the other company. You may have uninsured coverage, but a lot of companies require a seperate rider for underinsured. Check with your company, you may only be half way there in coverage. Sometimes it would be better off if the guy didn't have any coverage at all....