IGNORED

Is it colded down there?

steamer

Well, the water in the bird bath is frozen. But the key difference between living here and living north (I know, I've been there) is that these low temps are temporary. We get cold now and then (although unless there is ice on the road, NEVER too cold to ride) but usually only in the early mornings and still supposed to get close to 60 in the afternoon.

Thanks to midrsv, I am able to ride even when it is colder ....

This heated vest is fantastic.... Turn a little knob and wha-la..I am ready to ride..

Lets see, it's going to be 70 today...ah heck, I wont need it...:rasberry:

I lived in Maine for a few years and remember the two seasons, Winter and July!! I now love visiting the North, during July and enjoying the south during the Winter! Proud to say, I have no idea how to winterize a bike for storage!! I love that you opened this can of worms!!!! I am sure all of us "Southerners" will be happy to send you pictures during the coming season! We will be easy to identify! Happy faces bikes in the background no snow!!!

Yep, I agree we got about the same temps today as you do.....i love the sun this time of year....... But about another coupla weeks and we will start to get into that big temperature swing. But I think a lot of people figger we are colder up here most of the time than we really are....

Brian

I don't know what the big deal is....

if folks can ride a snow mobile when it's below zero, why can't you ride a bike...as long as the roads are clear of course.

You just have to dress for it.

When I lived in Southern Ontario (a few miles W. of Niagara Falls) I used to ride 45 min. to work and rode almost year round. Ever had to scrape the frost off the seat so you don't slide off??:thumbdown:

Admittedly, once or twice I got surprised and had to ride home in a few inches of snow.

Very slowly...and using my feet as outriggers!

The bike was a light lighter than my VR

That was not fun!

I don't know what the big deal is....

if folks can ride a snow mobile when it's below zero, why can't you ride a bike...as long as the roads are clear of course. You just have to dress for it. ----

Being a snowmobiler in the winter, I mostly agree with you Steve. While I do ride year round here in Toronto, I do try to avoid recently salted roads (a problem in this part of the country) as it is hard on the bike and I also try to avoid days where the roads could be icy, especially if the temp dropped a few degrees before I made it home.