IGNORED

Smoke Free 1 Month today!!!!

Grisolm1

Good for you Grisolm1 ,the worst is over now . i ve been off the evil weed for 13 months now ,still miss it once in a while but not very often . it's also been 5 weeks since i drank any pop gawd i miss a Dr Pepper .

one thing i shoulda done tho is put the smoke money in a jar so i could watch it grow :mo money:

.....the hardest part is over now! My former employer offerred to pay anyone on staff that quit $500.00. He started with 9 smoking staff including his mother that had smoked all his life. The smell of smoke makes him ill. I was the only staff member to meet the dates and conditions he had laid out but in the end he ended up with only one smoker on staff.... not his mother..... to him it was worth every penny. He paid for accupunture, he paid for hipnosis to anyone that wanted it... for me... he just paid $500.00 in cash.

After about 15 months off of the smokes my oldest sister lost her battle with cancer... I wanted a smoke soooooo bad...... then I thought.... that would be the last thing on earth my sis would want... she lost her husband to lung cancer as well.

Any time I have thought of a smoke.... and it is not often... I think of my big sister.

Find reasons to never touch them again..... not reasons to light up again.

Power to you ! Think of what you will do with all the cash.... they are about $10 a pack here I think.... what are they there?

:mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money:

Thanks for the words of encouragement. This time I tried e-cigarettes, basically harmless vapor (same as a fog machine) with some nicotine and flavoring. Ya it's cheating but it's the only thing that worked for me (and a lot of others apparently). I only use the crutch a fraction of the time I was puffing on real cigarettes so don't consider it as much cheating as I did at first.

You can get these at the mall but there are cheaper and better alternatives online. I'd be happy to share my knowledge on this subject to anyone looking to quit for good. Checkout http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com for more info. Similar forum to this one with folks trying to help each other out.

Keep up the good work.

It is really tough but if you don't give you'll be fine.

I've been smoke free since Jan 1980. Probably quit 500 times before it really took.

Cold Turkey for me.

When I finally quit, a friend of mine offered to make me a bet that I couldn't stop smoking and the bet was $500.00. I was so sure I could not quit that I did not bet him and sure enough that was the time I was able to quit. He rubs it in every once in a while.

Good Luck,

BOO

I've been off them for almost 20 years....but you never really get over it.

it was probably 15 years after quitting that one day, as I was driving my car I patted my shirt pocket as if I was feeling for the pack of smokes! It was crazy!

I still have a dream once in awhile that I am smoking in.

Well done, Sir!! I quit July 9th, 2005, 40 years to the week from when I started. I still want one once in a while, 'specially after a great meal, but I just don't give in any more.

If I ever had just one, I'd be hooked again. Can't take it? Call a friend just to say "Hi"

This time I tried e-cigarettes, basically harmless vapor (same as a fog machine) with some nicotine and flavoring. Ya it's cheating but it's the only thing that worked for me (and a lot of others apparently). I only use the crutch a fraction of the time I was puffing on real cigarettes so don't consider it as much cheating as I did at first

I've been quit for almost 5 months now (short 4 days) and I'm using the same crutch. I've also tried to quit many times before, but this has been by far my best showing. Just hope we don't find out 5 years from now that e-cigs are worse than real cigs in some dreadful way...

Tried to quit for a long time but couldn't. On my daughter's 4th birthday I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she said, "I want you to quit smoking daddy". This came from a 4 year old. It broke my heart and I threw the pack of cigs in the fireplace and never smoked again. She will turn 22 on Nov. 22. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done but well worth the effort.

Right before I turned 14, and all my friends were starting to smoke, I got a motorcycle, a 125 Ducati. A pack of cigarettes and a gallon of gas were about the same and I felt I could have a lot more fun on a gallon of gas, than a pack of cigarettes.

Just keep in mind, smoking is not a natural thing to do and you had to teach yourself to smoke. Cigarettes are simply a drug delivery system.

RandyA

Good for ya! I've been clean for a bit over a year now (after 1.5 packs a day for almost 30 years). I quit several times too but it never stuck. Biggest incentive for me to stay clean now is financial; the extra couple hundred $$ a month have allowed me to indulge in my other habit: motorcycles!

Just remember, you never really "quit", you just "stop" smoking for the rest of your life. I know dang well that if I have just one cig I will be right back to a pack-a-day in no time flat. Good luck.

--Todd

Back in the Day! when I was in the RANGERS all of us dranked, smoked, and chewed! We were young and bulletproof, or at least we thought we were! When we would go for a 10mile+ run, which was frequently! The 1st mile was rough, then we would throw up the alcohol from the night before and things would settle down for the rest of the run! Those were the days!!!!

After the military I gave up smoking, which meant I would not touch a cigarette unless I was out dancing and drinking. I would then usually burn through an entire pack in one night feeling like crap the next day. Finally things came to a head one night when I leaned over and kissed the girl I had been lucky enough to pick up that night. She got this shocked expression on her gorgious face and said: "Yhew, uck, Are you smoking?" I replied: "No babe, it must have got on me when I passed by those guys by the latrine!" Last cancer stick I ever had! Yep, I have always had my priorities straight when it came to women!!!

My first year, after I really quit I did real good except when I saw someone light up. At that point a wanted their cigarette. Not a cigarette, but their cigarette! It was so strange. The urge finally faded away and I thought I would take up the poison again once I turned 80ish, by then who would care?! Now though I find myself feeling nausous whenever I am in the presence of a lot of smokers. And unfortunately, smokers tend to stink! Yuck!! I have tried dating a few women who smoke but their mouths always taste like ashtrays or taste like gum flavored ash trays! To many good looking women that do not smoke to put up with that!!!

I hope, in my own way, this helps anyone who has that demon riding their back!!!

I quit September 6,2009 I has a very serious ATV accident. During one of my many Cat Scans,MRI's or X-Ray's, a bacteria was found in my lungs. Unknown source or bacteria type, but I have my suspicions. I smoked for over 20 years. Two plus packs a day when I quit. I remained in I.C.U. for 28 days. Most of my time in the hospital was fighting the lung infection.

Today I feel great. No lasting effects so far. Your lungs are one of the fastest and forgiving organs in your body. The effects of quitting smoking are immediate. Your lungs start healing as soon as you quit!

It took me $600,000 plus dollars(thank God for inssurance), 28 days and a lot of pain and suffering to finally give it up.

Keep it going buddy, the best gift you can give yourself is life.:clap2:

I've been quit for almost 5 months now (short 4 days) and I'm using the same crutch. I've also tried to quit many times before, but this has been by far my best showing. Just hope we don't find out 5 years from now that e-cigs are worse than real cigs in some dreadful way...

So how and when do you ge off the E-cigs? 5 months on crutches is huge. I was on crutches for a week and a half when I blew my knee..... how much are the E-cigs?