IGNORED

What's your experience with left vs right

wes0778

turns as far as dragging the foot boards?

For what ever reason I'm much more comfortable leaning hard into a left turn than a right one. On my Tour Classic, with the exception of "The Dragon" I've never drug the right foot board, but occasionally, effortlessly, drag the left one.

So far I've not been comfortable enough to drag either board on the RSV.

Guest tx2sturgis

It seems most vertebrates feel more comfortable in hard left turns. Watch Nascar racers, roller skaters at the local rink, pilots turning on final, and hawks and vultures circling overhead. Mostly left turns.

Add to that the fact that most sharply curving roads in the USA have a crown, and that puts the pegs or boards closer to the pavement in left turns than right turns. Psychology, biology, and physics cause more scraped left knees than right knees, at least among us average folk.

So, my friend, dont worry, just ride.

:happy34:

It seems most vertebrates feel more comfortable in hard left turns. Watch Nascar racers, roller skaters at the local rink, pilots turning on final, and hawks and vultures circling overhead. Mostly left turns.

Add to that the fact that most sharply curving roads in the USA have a crown, and that puts the pegs or boards closer to the pavement in left turns than right turns. Psychology, biology, and physics cause more scraped left knees than right knees, at least among us average folk.

So, my friend, dont worry, just ride.

:happy34:

I'm definitely more comfortable turning left.

Having said that, here in the city I think I'm much more likely to drag on the right. Reason is right turns are much tighter and require more lean than a left turn.

I think the throttle being on the right has something to do with it. I find when my right arm is extended in a left turn the angle of my right wrist is more comfortable then when its closer to my chest in a left turn.

As far as scraping is your kickstand on the left slightly lower then the right board and thats whats hitting first?

I tend to do left turns better also and drag more when turning left. I wonder if it has anything to do with whether or not a person is right handed or left handed? Just curious. I am right handed.

I am right handed but still scrape on the right more.

What is your experience with left vs right?
My experience is that they tend most often to make you go in opposite directions.

I guess that I am just different.

I have never scraped the left side, only the right.

FWIW I am right handed.

I agree that the physics say that if you are in a place that rides on the right side of the road, that the crown of the road should make the left scrape more often.

Kudos to you for starting this thread. A very interesting topic which I think of when going into corners. For whatever reason, a right hand corner has always felt more comfortable, and natural to me.

And I'm right handed for what that is worth.

Steve

It all depends on which way your d**k points.:moon:

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm right handed and favor left turns..

I always thought it had something to do with the throttle being on the right side....

My political views lean far right,so maybe my bike is trying to even things out.:beer:

Or maybe I just need more therapy...:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

How are you in a parking lot?

Can you drag em both at parking lot speed????

Here is where I have a problem on right turns. Out on the highway I can drag either side no problem but for some reason I can't get it over that far on a right turn in a parking lot. I think it has something to do with the foot brake being on that side and the natural instinct to want to use my foot as a "stabilizer" if I feel I'm "going over" ... which means I'd have to take my foot off the brake. It's a "mental" thing.

Well, from my experience motocross racing (bikes and ATVs) I found left hand turns easier on motorcycles for most people mainly because the brake is on the right side, so when turning left you don't have the unconscious desire to take you foot away from the brake to keep it from touching the ground. But on ATVs some people were better left and some right.