IGNORED

Where do you live?

Orrin

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats two statements on this thread that 2nd Gens don't like hills (no power) or Twisties(can't handle them) And that is WHY

1ST GENS RULE !!!

Nobody said second gens don't like hills they just don't all reside in hills. I don't think you can push that first gen up much of a hill anyway so I guess we won't see you at the top.:rasberry:

BOB.

you might want to explain, to some of our southern members, what "scrapple", is, and that it is NOT related to any part of an apple!

lol

i almost got suckered into eating some of that "grey spam", looking stuff!

as one of my delmarva friends said, you can't spell it with out putting "CRAP, in it!

just jt

Well for anyone that really cares, And I find most people will knock it and wont even try it, but, Scrapple is made from all the scraps left over from butchering of a hog. I like to say it has everything but the Squeel in it. Depending on who makes it, there can be a lot of filler (corn meal ) but fried up and ate in the morning its a good start for those of us that live on Delmarva. Its fried crispy on the outside and is soft on the inside. the taste is kinda hard to describe, but i can say it doesnt taste anything like Chicken. And a scrapple , egg and cheese sandwhich beats the hell outta anything Micky dees has on their breakfast menu............

Thank you very much but, my 2nd Gen loves the hills and twisties, and I find her to be a powerhouse and the handling greatly improved with a new set of tires. I would even venture to say that I could stay right on the tail side of any 1st gen out there and if not, i would just go around and meet them at the end of the road!

I live in Huntsville, Al

Home of the world's largest space attraction featuring dozens of interactive exhibits surrounding Apollo, Mercury, and Space Shuttle spacecraft. Rockets developed in Huntsville range from the Army boosters that put America's first satellite and astronauts in orbit to NASA's Saturn V moon rocket and the Space Shuttle. The U. S. Space & Rocket Center is the only place in the world where you can stand under a "full stack" - the Space Shuttle, external tank and two rocket boosters.

Check this out!

http://www.spacecamp.com/museum/

Nobody said second gens don't like hills they just don't all reside in hills. I don't think you can push that first gen up much of a hill anyway so I guess we won't see you at the top.:rasberry:

First gens live in the hills so they can start at the top and roll to the bottom. Hard part is getting back up.:sign20:

Brad

Well I started it. So here is where I live. Just tried to load some pic's but I guess I don't know how. Anyhow, Merrimac Ferry is 1 mile away, Devil's Lake State Park,(WI) is 5 minutes away. My house is on the shores of Lake Wisconsin. Great riding roads with lots of twisties. Wisconsin Dells only 25 minutes.

Your on the good side of Wisconsin, used to live in Green Bay, liked going up to Escanaba, MI and Door County, but got tired of all the Chicago riff raff :stirthepot: coming up there and spoiling the view. :no-no-no:

On the far west side of San Antonio . At the start of the hill country.

The house is on a converted ranch ( ie the rancher went broke and sub divided it)? The original ranch house is still nearby, and so are all the wonderful critters and creatures. I come from Chicago ,so the last 11 years has been fun living out in the sticks.

I know many of you are lucky enough to have always lived out of town ,but for me the last years have been the best! I can ride almost anytime I choose,and the beautiful hill country is at my doorstep.

Bill P :cool10:

I spend a lot more time in Prison than I do at home lately. I think I live there. Just get a little time off for "Good" behavior.

Dan I think you should explain you work there in the prison.

I did not want the new folks to get the wrong idea.

:rotf:

Peggy

We live in Northcentral Oklahoma. Nice riding around Kay lake and the old river road. Also own property on Beaver Lake in Northwest Arkansas. (Hope to retire there soon). Northwest Arkansas and Southwest Missouri have some beautiful areas to ride. Was told one time it was like the Great Smokey Mountians, only the Smokies were on Steroids. Star Days will be in our neck of the woods in July, so maybe we can meet some of you at it.

Ride Safe

Max

We live in Elkhart IN, North central IN area. Known as the RV capital of the world. 20 miles from Notre Dame University, if any of you are fans.

Also home of one of the fastest, best looking and wide ranging 1st gens ever made. You can see pics in my gallery.....:cool10::cool10::cool10:. And of course it's a beautiful Blue one, right Yammer?

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I live in Hanover Pennsylvania, which is about 15 minutes away from Gettysburg. For any Civil War buffs out there, it is a must see. There is a really nice Harley Davidson dealership, Battlefield Harley Davidson, which actually sponsors a bike week that is in July. I'll keep you posted on when the next rally is, maybe we can get a bunch of Venture riders to join in. Here is there website:

http://www.battlefieldharley-davidson.com

Guest Zachtcb

I am from the cold state of Minnesota. Lived allf my life in sacramento california. Things to do, fishing, hunting, golf, disc golf, we have paul bunyun.

Regards Zach

Some nice rides here...Gettysburg Battlefield and Caledonia State Park...Covered Bridge tour of Lancaster/Berks County...If you're going to drink all my booze, then we can replenish on a winery tour...If twisties is your thing then we have River Road along the mighty Susquehanna...less than an hour aways is Catoctin State Park (home of Camp David...we can see if Dick Cheney is still hiding there)...

Crosby Texas Here....about 30 Miles east of Downtown Houston...dont really have hills but some great backroads to ride, several State Parks close by, we have the beach down in Galveston the San Jacinto Monument and battlefield, the USS Texas WWI Battleship which is still afloat and open for tours.

I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada. A fairly large and diverse area on the west coast. We are the gateway to the southern interior of BC. There are countless things to do all within a 2 hour driving radius. BC pretty much has everything you can imagine in the way of scenery and recreation and boasts some of the best ski hills/resorts in the world and, we're becoming world renowned for our supurb wines.

A few pics... (sorry if some are quite small)

Southern Indiana here. Lots of really good riding just about everywhere here. Food - "The Dock" restaurant in Leavenworth, In. "The Black Buggy" an Amish Buffet restaurant in Washington, In. Many, many more, but these are 2 of the best in this area. Come on down and we'll do a ride meet and eat for sure!

Steve:thumbsup:

We have beautiful women, fantastic cajun food, LSU Tiger football and tailgating at the games, beautiful swamps and lakes with twisties around them, great hunting and fishing (fresh and salt water), did I mention beautiful women and great food. We dont have mountains but water is everywhere if you boat, ski, fish or just ride around it.

We have beautiful women, fantastic cajun food, LSU Tiger football and tailgating at the games, beautiful swamps and lakes with twisties around them, great hunting and fishing (fresh and salt water), did I mention beautiful women and great food. We dont have mountains but water is everywhere if you boat, ski, fish or just ride around it.

Lyle,You forgot to mention the Plantation home tour roads....Did you also mention pretty women? Tom