IGNORED

Where do you live?

Orrin

Hey gang, tell us about where you live and some of the recreation, land marks, or whaat ever is interesting about where you live. Post some pictures. Then we all gonna come and visit you and mooch all of your food and leave when the booze is gone.:cool10:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ReinyRooster

I'm gonna make you come to the 2008 VentureRider International Rally and see where I live 'cause it's almost in my back yard!!!

Honey...fire up the barbeque...looks like we're gettin' company!!

Well we live in northeastern NC and there's plenty of pics of what's around here on the site. My last two meet and eats we went to the outerbanks, first one to the Wright Bros. memorial the second to the hatteras lighthouse. For pics head over to photobucket there's plenty there.

Margaret

Well I started it. So here is where I live. Just tried to load some pic's but I guess I don't know how. Anyhow, Merrimac Ferry is 1 mile away, Devil's Lake State Park,(WI) is 5 minutes away. My house is on the shores of Lake Wisconsin. Great riding roads with lots of twisties. Wisconsin Dells only 25 minutes.

Hi all

I live in beautiful Southampton, Ontario - on the beaches of Lake Huron. Lots of great riding up here in Bruce County, lots of hiking trails, fishing, boating, kayaking, camping - lots of nature and lots of unspoiled landscapes.

C'mon up -

In the winter (Nov-April), I live in Mission, Texas

C''mon down -

In the winter (Nov-April), I live in Mission, Texas

C''mon down -

Guess your leaving soon with our weather lately. Winter is not winter without snow.

I'm gonna make you come to the 2008 VentureRider International Rally and see where I live 'cause it's almost in my back yard!!!

Honey...fire up the barbeque...looks like we're gettin' company!!

Do I have to admit I live just a few miles from Reiny, and we are heading to Reiny's place for a BBQ during the ralley, thanks for offering Reiny.

Brad

I live in Amarillo, TX. I can see the windmills in Vega from my front porch. That's 40 miles away. If I get up on a tuna can I can see Lubbock 120 miles away. The roads here are flat and straight. If we get 4 inches of rain in a day, it floods and 2 or 3 people will die. I did get to ride some roads that weren't completely straight a couple of weeks ago down in the Turkey/Silverton area though.

I live in East Tennessee!!!! There's just toooo much to list, but I'll try.

The Great Smokie Mountains-Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Cherokee, Townsend, and a little know place they call The Dragon.

The Big South Fork Park...

Ozone Falls...

Field of The Wood...

So many back roads to ride on that you can't ride em all in a summer, unless you're retired and don't have anything else to do.:cool10::cool10::cool10:

I live in premiere riding country. I am in north east Tennessee, twenty miles from VA and thirty five miles from NC. People come from all over the world to ride the Dragon and we have roads around here that make the Dragon look like an interstate. I am about 90 miles almost due east of Knoxville.

We have very moderate weather here as it is cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter than farther north. With in thirty miles we have mountains that have elevations above 6,000 feet.

I also live about five miles from Jonesborough, which is the oldest town in Tennessee and at one time was the capital of the state of Franklin, but later changed to Tennessee. I live about fifteen miles from Watauga Lake which has 109 miles of shoreline and is over 300 feet deep. It is also the 3rd cleanest lake in America.

RandyA

Blanco,Texas here. 42 miles north of San Antonio,40 Miles west of Austin Texas,26 miles from Luchenbach,Texas,47 miles to Fredericksburg.Texas.Now with that info,short and sweet, dead in the middle of the Texas Hill Country,arguably some of the best riding in the state of Texas! Also New Braunfels,Tx about 25 Minutes away where some great river rafting/tubing brings in alot of tourists. Down side to all of this is we are saturated with DEER. About the size of german shepherds on up to 290 lb Axis deer. Be careful riding down here,usually have a biker hit a deer around here every week. Type in any of the above towns and quite a bit of history. Also we have a great magazine here in Texas I recommend to EVERYBODY. Check it out here........ http://www.ridetexas.com/ Tom

Well I started it. So here is where I live. Just tried to load some pic's but I guess I don't know how. Anyhow, Merrimac Ferry is 1 mile away, Devil's Lake State Park,(WI) is 5 minutes away. My house is on the shores of Lake Wisconsin. Great riding roads with lots of twisties. Wisconsin Dells only 25 minutes.

Orrin,

The best kept secret in your state is La Crosse. From the view on the bluff to lunch at the Yacht Club to the dinner cruise on the Island Girl--what a vacation we had there a few years back. If I were gonna' move again, it'd be at the top of my list.

Down my way, the biggest attraction has to be the USAF Museum. Here is their web site: http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/. Tons of stuff to see there--plan on a full day. Select "Exhibits" for a complete rundown.

Each Spring we have the Hamvention at Hara Arena. Hamsters--no wait, that ain't right--Ham operators from all over the world show up for the 3-day event in April (I believe).

Rides? Mostly crowded interstates, but you can drop down toward Cincinnati and pick up US 50. Either direction is good riding, although I can only vouch for 50 East into WV.

All kinds of motorcycle shops in the area-some better than others--if you need anything done while you're out. Since my wife still works, I have to say I'M usually good for a coffee and a sandwich, but don't worry, that just means I'll buy.

PS Forgot to mention the Wright Brother's original bicycle shop and the view from their Memorial of their original flying field. Now, for those of you from North Carolina: Drop the "in" in you your "First in Flight" claim and we'll not argue, but a little bit of sand and a lot of wind only played their part AFTER the design and development phases. :)

I live in Bridgeville Delaware, we have some great riding around theses parts, mostly flat but some nice roads. Our town hold and Apple Scrapple Fest in Oct, and this weekend the World Famous Pumpkin Chunk is being held.

BOB.

you might want to explain, to some of our southern members, what "scrapple", is, and that it is NOT related to any part of an apple!

lol

i almost got suckered into eating some of that "grey spam", looking stuff!

as one of my delmarva friends said, you can't spell it with out putting "CRAP, in it!

just jt

I live in odessa tx the arm pit of america flat streight roads. When you ride a second gen its easy to enjoy any road.

I live about 350 miles North of Redneck, but have a daughter in Odessa. I think there may be one hill and two curves between here and there. But I ride a 2nd Gen, so it is all good.

I live about 350 miles North of Redneck, but have a daughter in Odessa. I think there may be one hill and two curves between here and there. But I ride a 2nd Gen, so it is all good.

Thats two statements on this thread that 2nd Gens don't like hills (no power) or Twisties(can't handle them) And that is WHY

1ST GENS RULE !!!

Huntington Beach, CAlif. Begining of last month took an 8 day trip up the coast all the way up to Crescent city and through the redwoods then across and back down through Yosemite and Sequoya. We cought the first storm of the season up in the redwoods but then the good weather stayed with us all the way back - about 2100 miles. Loved it! I posted a few photos in my gallery, take a look - it may motivate you to visit Calif.

Then you'll understand why we like it here despite high cost of living.:sun: