IGNORED

Be careful what you promise

AKRefugee

My Sweetie was pressuring me to go get a full physical and in a moment of weakness (my kids think it was forgetfulness due to my age) I agreed.sign%20brain%20fart.gif Of course she made me promise to do what ever the doctor said I had to do (I think she knew what was coming and damned if she didn't keep a straight face about it :cool17:) and after some strong arm bending and bribery I promised.

Well that doc did the blood test thing and the rubber glove deal and the heart monitor test (and a few others I think he probably made up off the top of his head :witch_brew:) and told me I was looking fairly good.

Well I thought that was pretty good and was ready to leave quite content when he said there was one more test he wanted to do (and he smiled :hurts:, or it might have been more of a gleeful smirk :missingtooth:, as he said it). Yep, he was sending me off to get the boroscope thingy done (aka colonoscopy :scared:).

So now I am preparing for this deal. I made a check list and have gone through it. Lets see, pill taken? Check. Drink mixed up? Check. Two rolls of TP available? Check. Clear path to bathroom? Check. Okay it looks like I am ready to go (no pun intended).

Any way you can bet that I will be a lot more careful about what I let my Sweetie talk me in to in the future and twice as careful about what I will promise her.

I will say this though, she has been quite good about no making wise cracks about it :innocent:, well at least not to much, but that particular grin she has :smile5: is kinda of giving her away.

put the drink in the frig and get a big straw diameter (Mcdonalds) put the straw as far to the back in the mouth as possible, grab a big breath and suck as much of the vile stuff as you can swallow. DO NOT open your mouth between breaths, use your nose to breath. Suck down the whole glass without stopping.

After a few glasses clinch butt cheeks tight and run to the throne, Because you will be "king".

At least for the real work you will be sound asleep !!!!

Hi, I'm Steve and my colon is clean as a whistle ....

At 51, I just had my first one a couple of months ago. Like everyone says, after the prep every thing else is a breeze.

I decided to look at it as an interesting new adventure and tried to have some fun with it, much to the disdain of my wife.

In the waiting room at "The Colonoscopy Center" you pretty much knew what everyone was there for, so when ever they called the next patient I loudly told the wife "I know where he's going, I hope I'm next!!"

When they finally called my name , I jumped up and started yelling "Oh boy, oh boy, I can hardly wait" and giggled like a school girl as the girl led me away.

At the door I turned to the wife and from across the room in a serious voice said Honey, if I don't make it promise me you'll remarry."

She got up and walked out the door, as fifteen people tried to stifle giggles from all over the room.

She says the next time I go there she's NOT taking me. :smile5:

Been there, done that, and bought the T shirt !!!!!

The preperation is the worst but the alternative of not getting checked out are even worse.

When they ask if you want to be awake for the procedure. Tell them what I did, HELL NO! I don't even want to remember a thing..... and that is when I went oooooooohhhh-WEEE and fell asleep for the rest of the story. :moon::moon::moon: LOL

It could be worse.... like being the guy that has to clean all the scopes at the end of the day. Now thats a wonderfull job ain't it? :crying::crying:

I'm going in this coming Monday. I'm not happy about it at all. I'm told that I have to drink a gallon of something, then take something like X-lax to clean me out on Sunday. The wife is picking it up as I'm typing. I suppose I should have said "their going in on Monday" Let me know how it goes for you.:moon:

Been there several times. The prep work I think was the worst part. I woke up each time on the table while they were doing it (sedatives don't work well on me). You've got a big screen TV in front and you've got the best view in the room (of everything).

I asked the Dr a lot of questions while he's doing it; about what he's looking at, what's this, what's that? I even asked if he could give me a picture of my insides, and he did...likely just to shut me up? Some doc's just don't have any humor. But I guess if I was lookin up everybodies a**, maybe I wouldn't either? :moon:

The next one is next year; but I don't mind because I've had too many friends and acquaintances hit by the big "C".

Think of it this way...it's a lot better than getting a root canal and it may save your life? :2cents:

I never had to drink anything yucky....and didn't get put to sleep!

Just fasted for 24 hours, and took a basic laxitive.

I was wide awake and watching the TV along with the Doctor.

But then....I'm not as full of it as some!

Here's a picture of the way they do it with elephants!

Just be thankful you don't have this guy's job!

4x so far,upper and lower GI. Only 45, found and removed 5 polyps last time. Don't mind the prep anymore it's just a thing. If you have the gallon mix, mix it up and put it in frig at least overnite, goes down alot better.:moon::moon::moon::moon: Don't have another one scheduled till next year:banana::banana:If someone hasn't had this done THEY NEED TO.:stirthepot:

Hey, do you think I can ride in front of you for awhile?

I make funny now....you make funny when I go... Deal?:fatsmiley:

Seriously, I am getting the pressure from my wife too. It has become a weekly topic. I hope all is well when the dust settles.

TD

I never had to drink anything yucky....and didn't get put to sleep!

Just fasted for 24 hours, and took a basic laxitive.

I was wide awake and watching the TV along with the Doctor.

But then....I'm not as full of it as some!

Here's a picture of the way they do it with elephants!

Just be thankful you don't have this guy's job!

LOL thanks for the Picture, glad it aint my head inside!