IGNORED

How far in one day?

jiobst

So the big question is how far have you ridden in one day?

In my youth (almost 30 years ago) I did a cross country ride averaging 500 miles a day on a Kawasaki 400. Crazy I know but I was just a kid of 19.

Saturday I did my personal best with 800 miles in a single day on an 83 Venture. The weather man warned that Saturday would be nice but Sunday we would have our first Snow of the season in Denver, CO so I planned to ride on Saturday. When I woke at 4:00am I decided to get an early start and ended up at Mt Rushmore by about noon then back home. Great ride on a very comfortable bike. 800 miles three states and four dead presidents all in one day while staying just hours ahead of a snow storm, now that is a great day.

Comfort wise because of the seat, I think my 83 Venture I bought new and had for almost 17 years was the most comfortable to ride. I did 633 miles to Erueka and back in 15 hrs. just taking my time. And as for the 2nd gen., it was 765 miles one way from Salt Lake City to Livermore, Calif. in 14 hrs.:mustache:

1300 miles in 21 hours from blairsville Ga to odessa tx. A first gen chased me 800 miles then craped out.:stirthepot:

Good GAWD!!!!!!! that's almost 100 kilometers per hour. You musta been FLYING to maintain that average!

Now, in the case of the 1st gen, was it really the bike that crapped out or the rider? It's important you know to clarify this as we don't want to be falsely implying that a 1st gen can't keep up with a 2nd gen yanno!

:sign20:

I guess you to figure Crapped out is when the First gen rider gets tired of the pipe noise or was it the slow riding and leaves yall in the dust huh?

Staten Island Ny to Savannah Ga in 13hours on the 83 could have ridden farther but had to get to work.

Jeff

I left Vancouver, BC at 11AM Friday, Aug 17th and was in Biggar, Sask 24 hrs later. A total of 1734 kms (1077 miles). I seriously doubt I will ever attempt that again.

During that whole trip, I did not see any 2nd gen's .... prolly coz they knew they wouldn't be able to keep up with me so they just didn't try.

:witch_brew::witch_brew:

Max for me 585 miles in 9 hours from Clayton NM to Dallas/Fort Worth. Did it this summer on my way home from Utah. Hit that Texas flat land and just wound it up to the max speed the cruise work, then held on until I needed gas. Almost had to push it into Amarillo, TX because I was bucking a headwind and didn't get my usual 150 miles/tank. Bike started sputtering going up a light grade just as I hit the outskirts of the city. Crested the grade and the engine caught. Hit the next exit and gassed up at the stop and rob.

For me, it's not so much the distance as it is the saddle time that is the killer. I rode a little over 650 in one day without problems. That was great. But on the way back, my son's fiance' wasn't so glad to be riding a motorcycle. We had to stop every hour or so and talk her into getting back on the bike. Took us over 14 hours to go 500 miles. Ohhhhh my achin' back.

Guest cyote61

875 miles on a 97 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Classic. From Maine to TN heading home to GA. My butt was sore but the evening martini was special that night :cool10:[ATTACH]12974[/ATTACH] That was my ride then.

Guest cyote61

When traveling across country my preference is 450 to 500 miles a day max, and every 5th day sleeping in, hanging out keeping mileage down to 250 to 300 or less, on that day and a long cocktail hour with a nice dinner after. That way, I'm rested and ready again to rock and roll for another 2000 miles if needed. If you let the body rest after 4 hard days and do a easy one on the fifth day, you replenish your energy and can keep that pace for weeks. Ok, that's just the way it works for me.

:322:

July 20, '07 Speerfish, SD > Reeder, ND > Miles City, MT > Broadus, MT > Crow Agency, MT > Hardin, MT > Edgar, MT > Lovell, WY; 770 miles, 4 states, 18 miles of gravel, all 2-lane, no concrete slab, took a picture of two bears sleeping in a cottonwood tree 20 ft. from the road near Pryor, MT. It was 38 degrees when I left Speerfish that morning and 106 in Miles City at noon. This was on an '07 RSTD. Sorry, I didn't look at my watch, I was too busy enjoying the scenery.

The next day I rode to Red Lodge, MT to the 13th annual Beartooth Motorcycle Rally then over Beartooth Pass to Cooke City, MT > Yellowstone N.P. > Jackson, WY > and back home to Casper, WY another 700 plus miles, 40 miles of road construction, all 2-lane.

Drifter