IGNORED

How far in one day?

jiobst

Just finished 1054 miles certifiable in 18 1/2 hrs a few weeks ago. Rode with a GL1800 and a Vulcan. Tenaha, Tx to Midland, TX and back. Way boring ride. Waiting on the IBA now. Have done several 5-700 mile days with no problems. Left Idaho Springs Co. last year at 8:00 AM and was sitting in the I-HOP in Amarillo at 4:00 PM. This RSV is just made for eating the miles in comfort.

Best I have done was 752 miles in 15 hours. From Mountainview, AR to Merrimac, WI The guy in the lead was using a goofy GPS and did like to speed, but we had fun together. I had purchased this bike just 3 days prior. One helluva demo ride.:rotf:

I'm not much of a long distance rider, but I did do about three 600 +/- mile legs to and from Ft Collins, and for me that's a lot. The last 600 kicked my rear end with temps around 105deg thru Nevada on the way home. 200-300 is much more enjoyable for me........

miles & miles,don't know how many,in one day,but from denver to de berry,sun up to sun down,more than once,vogal to deberry,a couple of times,9976 mls june 27 to july 27,will be doing sume of them again,more than likely BIG BEND to DE BERRY,if that gold wing don't crap out or cowasaki don't run out of

gas:bighug:

I did the 1000 mile Ironbutts on a '71 Norton 750 & on a Harley Superglide....more than 30 years ago, if that still counts.

It ought to count, since i can still feel it. Scoots were much different then.

These days, I find 500-600 miles quite enough on a trip & 200-300 miles for a good spin....on my VR.

Quantity just doesn't make a quality ride.

A GOOD ride should be very relaxing with no clock-watching, counting, etc.

Most in 1 day for me was on my return trip from Sault St.Marie last summer. I spent the night in Petawawa, Ontario and rode to Charlottetown, PEI 867miles in about 15 hours. I had planned a stop around 600 miles but couldn't find a room so ended up going the distance. Got home at 1:30 am.

Guest muskrat

About 1030 in about 22 hours on Iron Butt ride from Jackson, MS to St. Louis then across I70 to Washington, PA. Still waiting for certification. Find that at about 15 hours - hit a real wall and have to get off bike for a couple hours. Did some 900 mile days on 4 Corners Ride a few years ago. About 3 of those in a row and you are ready to do something else. But one thing about the RSV - it is comfortable highway cruising bike.

1047 miles in 16 hrs 51 minutes - my Iron Butt Run. From Scottsburg, In to Indy to St Louis to Memphis to Nashville to Louisville to Scottsburg on my 97 Harley Wide Glide. Thank the Lord for Mustang Seats!

I did 996 miles on my Nomad from Scottsburg to Centre, Alabama, a 130 mile Polar bear run and back home Jan 1st 2005.

I did 783 miles one day from Myrtle Beach S.C. to Scottsburg, In. on my 2007 Venture.

Cheers,

Steve:7_6_3[1]:

Lets see....maybe, just maybe around 450 miles. That had to be a perfect day flat roads, good weather and a happy momma! I guess I've never ridden the bike like I was on a mission. Don't know how some of you do it. Some of these milage reports sound like your running from the law!:rotfl::rotfl:Oh well, whatever trips your trigger.:bikersmilie:

Well coming back from Fort Collins, I rode 535 miles on the bike, took the piggy back apart and loaded it into my Truck. Loaded the two bikes onto the trailor and left again, rode 475 more miles, in the truck pulling the two bikes behind in 17 Hours.

Does this count as an Iron Butt ? :Laugh:

Did a bunch of 500 + a few in a day, as this is a nice day ride. You can actually enjoy the scenary and there is no rushing.

Brad