IGNORED

Quick ride 'round the block=400 miles later + Angry message from her b/f

LilBeaver

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds more to me like the Beav has simply found a good friend and riding buddy, that just happens to be female, and easy on the eyes. :thumbsup:

Either way I think it's all good for the Beav and his friend. Obiviously she thinks very highly of him and enjoys his company & rides together.

Will this saga go to another level or not? :innocent: Time shall tell. :080402gudl_prv:

Larry

So, lets say this story has a happy ending?! For some a happy ending would be him getting the girl?! Some prize! Now he has a girlfriend who, when she gets tired of him, will start spending time with another guy while she is still his girlfriend. She evidently see no problem in doing that. We all consider the current boyfriend no good. Why is that? What did he do wrong, besides having poor taste in women?

Where can I get a girl like that, hot damn!

I have been following this thread since I became a member. It is a very entertaining thread. My take on this is this guy whether he knows it or not is in the middle of a guy/girl relationship. If I was her b/f friend I certainly wouldn't be happy that she's with him and not with the b/f regardless of the bike ride involved. There is a problem between these 2 and I will bet dollars to doughnuts this guy is heading for trouble. Sorry just my 2 cents. She will ride this out as far as she feels. She's getting what she wants. I just don't understand why the b/f has put up with this nonesense. To lil beaver why do you want this controversy in your life? Definitely go find yourself you own woman and be done with her. Friend or no friend I wouldn't put anybody in your situation if I could help it.

So, lets say this story has a happy ending?! For some a happy ending would be him getting the girl?! Some prize! Now he has a girlfriend who, when she gets tired of him, will start spending time with another guy while she is still his girlfriend. She evidently see no problem in doing that. We all consider the current boyfriend no good. Why is that? What did he do wrong, besides having poor taste in women?

Where can I get a girl like that, hot damn!

I don't see this as a bad trait in her (they're only friends, no hanky panky has occurred), but I do think that if it bothers her current guy, he's the weak one. He's the one putting up with it. If he doesn't like it he should walk away.

To lil beaver why do you want this controversy in your life? Definitely go find yourself you own woman and be done with her. Friend or no friend I wouldn't put anybody in your situation if I could help it.

I certainly respect your opinion and view on this but I do not understand your statement here.

Most of the people that I would consider my 'good friends' were female. Many of them went through several guy friends but that never hindered our friendship. I guess I do not understand why one would end a friendship because the friend happens to be romantically involved with someone else.

I have been in a few serious relationships. Two ended because the committed female was unfaithful. Another was dissolved based on a mutual decision between the two of us, as we felt it would be better to remain friends (by the way, we were serious enough that I had permission from her father to wed, the wedding was planned, etc). We were friends for 4 years before we went steady, were steady for over 3, and have been good friends ever since (~5 years since). Maybe I am an anomaly, but I have never really understood the philosophy that two people cannot be 'simply friends' just because they are of opposite gender.

Her and I have talked about the potential conflicts on several occasions and she reassures me that there is no problem. She is fine with it and claims that he is fine with it too. So, all I have to go on is her word and my evaluation of each of their behavior. As part of our discussion she repeatedly points out that many of her good friends are guys as well.

At this point, I will reserve further comments and opinions of him until a later time that may or may not be appropriate to discuss them and, more importantly, have more complete basis for my evaluation of the observed behavior.

On a related but different note. I am not seeing any drama or controversy. I get some riding in, have been able to help a friend learn to ride a bike and enjoy riding and another acquaintance has started (and claims to enjoy) riding as well. If my presence has somehow contributed to some strain in their relationship then my presence may be a catalyst but certainly not the cause of their problems. Nothing has happened between us and nor would I allow anything to, until knew much more about the entire situation. Especially after some of my past experiences, I do not have any interest into 'jumping' into a committed relationship until I really know the person for who they are and all that goes with it.

I don't see a problem with guys and gals being friends and riding and "hanging out" together. My daughter has a boyfriend, meaning just that, a friend, who is actually a young man now. She has a steady guy that she dates and calls him the love of her life, and then she has Zach, who is just her friend. They've been friends since middle school and they're both 21 now. I see no wrong with that and the "love of her life" has no problem with it either.

Glenn

I don't see a problem with it either, as long as she doesn't have a problem with him hanging out with another woman "singular" while she goes on her bike rides.

Guess that's the problem I'm seeing.

If my girlfriend went on bike rides with one, and only one guy, would I be jealouse...Definately!

If my girlfriend went on bike rides with a group of guys or MC club, would I be jealouse...NOPE!

Having a relationship where a woman has cheated on him should make him acutely aware of this...

Perhaps I'm old fashion but I can tell you for a "fac-toh-mondo", my wife would not like me riding around with another woman regardless of how much I told her "we were just friends...."

I to have been reading this post off and on, so i'll relay similar story.

years ago several of us guys and wifes or girlfriend rode together often as a group.

a woman from one of the guys work wanted to ride on a motorcycle with us during a day ride through the mountains. then she asked to go more and more. as she rode on the back of one of the guy's bike a few times, we could tell her boyfriend was getting a little up tight, even though this was strickly a friendship relationship with her.

we always welcomed him to ride, and could tell he was thinking something was up with the girl friend. not having a mc he went though the mc safety course and rented a bike. he rode with us and she rode on the back of one of our bikes. her boyfriend enjoyed the ride as we kept a pace and helped him through the ride, stopping often and taking in the points of interest. as we rode and as the day was winding down, her boyfriend made the comment, i have to get a mc, now i know why my girlfiend always wanted to ride with this group. well to keep this short, he did buy a mc and has become a very good rider. he joins us in our travels and she now has her own seat behind him. he now laughs about his feelings of jealiousy and has married her. so yes things can get touchy for a female riding on the back of another man's bike, if things stay as friends it can work out to benifit everyone. she gets to ride motorcycles and we got a pretty good riding buddy that would give you the shirt off his back.

Like sands through the hour glass these are the days of our lives.

Carry on.

Hey you got that from "As The World Bloats" or was it "The Young and The Chest-less"!?

Seriously how many, who have a significant other, think it would be ok for him/her to go out bike riding, all day, with the opposite sex? "Hey honey, Barbie/Ken, my friend from work, and I plan on a ride all day Saturday! I know you love me and are secure in our relationship so I know it will be ok, right?!" "By the way what will you be doing all day?"

Anybody buying this?

All I'm saying lil beaver is there has got to be a problem between these two. The b/f is grumbling (maybe even angry?) whether you choose to listen or not. There must be a reason. My own opinion is I think your being used. There is a problem and you are in the middle whether you think so or not. I think there is more here then you can say since you seem to ignore what is happening. She's telling you there nothing wrong. Oh Yea I don't think so. Why don't you get the guys side? If it was me and my g/f friend doing this she would either stop or I am gone. It's not like your taking her for a 30 minute ride around town. It seems to me your spending hours and I will guess to say the whole day with her. I want to be with my girl not her going with some guy all the time. Nope sorry don't cut it with me. You do what you like as you are enjoying it but I'm telling you I think you are heading into trouble. That's the controversy I speak of. Why have this guy pissed/angry at you over "his" girl. That's why I say find yourself you own woman to ride with much safer. Hope what I have typed makes sense. One last thing, I have many girl friend's also and would always spend some time to talk and catch up maybe have a drink or two maybe even lunch but that's it if they are married or have a b/f friend I move on, I don't need the hassle. Bottom line leave her as a friend "at work" go out and find you own woman and make your own fun. This is my opinion and you can take it as you wish but I think one day this guy is going to loose it and guess who is going to be on the receiving end? Tread very carefully.

Edited by albyzee
added

I've been taking various female friends on day long rides for years and no one has ever had a problem with it.

My friends, the wife's friends, my daughters friends. Married, unmarried, if I'm riding and someone has the time and they want to go, all they have to do is be here when the bike leaves and I'll take them along. My wife and their husbands have never said a bad word about it. (I know this because I'm friends with some of them as well)

The girls get to see the world from the back of a bike, and I get some company on my rides.

You know what they say. If you can't ride with the one you love, ride with the one you're with. :)

My wife and their husbands have never said a bad word about it. (I know this because I'm friends with some of them as well)

There is a giant difference here. They agree to it. This guy I don't think wants anything of the sort and I don't blame him if it's because he wants to be with her.

I agree with lil beaver, what's wrong with having friends of the opposite gender without people assuming the worst?? Good Lordy, over the years' of driving trucks and riding bikes most of my friends have been male!

When Quickstep was driving interstate/long haul I rode with guys all the time.............trust -- thank goodness we have it!!!!!

Ok boys in the beginning of this the boyfriend seemed to be on his way out. Then we hear he gets a bike, but she doesn't seem that interested in him after that either. So as far as I can tell she was ready to dump him for reasons none of us know or will ever know. Now lets just sit back and read about the adventures they have on their bikes. Because if you are keeping up she's riding her own bike now. I don't see anything wrong with riding with someone other then you're own honey. I've done it. Heck the hubby has had other gals on his bike I have no problem with that either. Guess it all gets down to trust.

Now lets get on with the show. Gee some of you guys are way worse then woman are suppose to be. :stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Margaret

Rick,

Before you follow any of the "freely given advise", I ask one small favor.

Would you please, yes please, refrain from major decisions until at least mid April?

It would be terrible to get up early, click on this site, knowing there was no chance of "new drama". After April the weather in this area allows some great riding, so no "new drama" could be handled much easier then......But We Have Snow Now!

Some try to make you believe, "you were born yesterday"

May be sooo.....................but it wasn't, "late last night".:thumbsup2:

Ok boys in the beginning of this the boyfriend seemed to be on his way out. Then we hear he gets a bike, but she doesn't seem that interested in him after that either. So as far as I can tell she was ready to dump him for reasons none of us know or will ever know. Now lets just sit back and read about the adventures they have on their bikes. Because if you are keeping up she's riding her own bike now. I don't see anything wrong with riding with someone other then you're own honey. I've done it. Heck the hubby has had other gals on his bike I have no problem with that either. Guess it all gets down to trust.

Now lets get on with the show. Gee some of you guys are way worse then woman are suppose to be. :stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Margaret

You tell em mini! Morals and ethics have no place in this perfectly good soap opera.:rotf::rotf::rotf: