IGNORED

Can You Say 1900CC Venture V-Twin????

Long Tall

OK...So I'm in Roanoke, VA for the Dealers Big Bike Intro Bash...My Bud who rides a TD was asking about some Chrome Parts....He was told that they were not available...He and I both went to the parts counter and asked them to get the 2009 book out and we started looking up parts....Breather Cover..."dis-continued"...Carb Covers...No again...Saddlebag Lid Trim Rails...(The ones that go on top)....Back ordered...What was of interest is that in the 2010 Catalog some of these parts were pictured on the bike, but show has un-available...

Conversation with owner went like this....No Tour Deluxe for 2010....Parts being dis-continued for the Venture...Yamaha took a big $$$ hit last year like most MC manufacturers....His quote"...Doesn't look good for the Venture going forward George!"

Just my input....I see a Touring Version of the Stratoliner for 2011.....

Long Tall in Virginia

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK...So I'm in Roanoke, VA for the Dealers Big Bike Intro Bash...My Bud who rides a TD was asking about some Chrome Parts....He was told that they were not available...He and I both went to the parts counter and asked them to get the 2009 book out and we started looking up parts....Breather Cover..."dis-continued"...Carb Covers...No again...Saddlebag Lid Trim Rails...(The ones that go on top)....Back ordered...What was of interest is that in the 2010 Catalog some of these parts were pictured on the bike, but show has un-available...

Conversation with owner went like this....No Tour Deluxe for 2010....Parts being dis-continued for the Venture...Yamaha took a big $$$ hit last year like most MC manufacturers....His quote"...Doesn't look good for the Venture going forward George!"

Just my input....I see a Touring Version of the Stratoliner for 2011.....

Long Tall in Virginia

That's just what I've been saying. Just like Kaw did with the Nomad. It's logical

as for some unknown reason people want v-twins. It's crazy and just makes the Wing more desirable to those of us that don't want to downgrade to v-twin.

:2cents:

Crap. I hope that is wrong, but I bet the twin is much cheaper to manufacture so we can probably count on the change. It is really aggravating that so many parts are being discontinued. We just tried to order the carb covers and learned they were discontinued. It is amazing that these bikes will draw or impress a crowd and Yamaha doesn't seem to have any interest in promoting them..

Guest scarylarry
That's just what I've been saying. Just like Kaw did with the Nomad. It's logical

as for some unknown reason people want v-twins. It's crazy and just makes the Wing more desirable to those of us that don't want to downgrade to v-twin.

:2cents:

:sign yeah that:

I guess I don't fully understand - I've had a dozen dirt bikes that got me from point a to point b, then I went to the street and have had as many street bikes that got me from point a to point b. The 'streets' were all Honda and Yamaha, 650's, 1100's, 1500's and now a 1300 Venture.

If they quit making the Venture and I continue riding, I'll find something else that will get me from point a to point b.

I really don't care what I ride, I just don't like working on a wing.

I have been getting headaches every year about this time for at least four years. I wonder if it could have anything to do with the same old speculation about the Venture's life. I could care less what Yamaha does. I ride a nine year old bike with many miles on it without ever having a breakdown. I will continue this well into the future.

:farmer:

Why would you want a side-opening trunk? They can't be opened without everything falling out.

He said side opening TRUNK. Not side cases. That way you can open the trunk with the passenger mounted or without knocking your helmet off the seat, like an HD.

Yeah, i figured it out right after submitting my post. I was thinking of side bags because I still see some bikes with those. Side opening trunk would be okay. I never leave a passenger on the bike when I'm not on, but it is good for getting around rear seat cargo or a helmet laid there.

I Disagree with the V twin, New motor already built for VMAX, Will have a V FOUR

in the new VENTURE ,just wait & see

Gambler:15_8_211[1]:

OK...I can go along with that....Use the V-Max Motor....But...I may be a whole new body make over or they would not stop making some chrome parts....Just my .02 cents worth..

Long Tall

saw a couple of stratoliner (and/or roadliner) at the dealer the other day, running from 16 to 19 depending what's on it. the 19K was a new '08!!

I had an '07 Stratoliner. Just another air cooled V-twin Harley wannabe with a little larger engine.

Those of us that have a Venture or Tour Deluxe, we've got it good already. Could it be better? maybe, but any improvements would be marginal.

The improvement I would most like is better fuel economy at 75mph, but the fuel injected bikes I've looked at aren't getting significantly better mileage over their carb counterparts in the same weight/engine range.

This is GREAT news, as I have my RSV and it's value should be going up as no new models will be available!!!!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

IF Yamaha makes a Vtwin Venture, I will NOT buy one. I prefer the smoothness of a four or more cylinder motorcycle.

IF Honda were to bring back the Valkyrie Interstate, with the current 1800cc engine, I would seriously consider buying one!!!!!!

I said it once I'll say it again and again. Vmax engine, updated electronics, side open trunk, quick release bags, lower seat 1 1/2in, :Cool_cool36:perfect bike.

No, no, no, no, NO! RAISE the seat by 1 1/2 inches, not lower it!!!!! I ain't buying no bike designed for some midget!

Goose

No, no, no, no, NO! RAISE the seat by 1 1/2 inches, not lower it!!!!! I ain't buying no bike designed for some midget!

Goose

Um, that would be Vertically Challenged. Just cause some of us can't see the dirt on the top of the refrigerator, doesn't mean we don't know it's there. lol

As the owner of a 2008 Stratoliner S in addition to my 2007 Venture, the Stratoliner is a more advanced motorcycle than the Venture. It is as smooth as a Venture on the highway. The Ventures replacement is already here, the Stratoliner Deluxe. However it needs a complete stereo system, cruise control, full gauges, and an optional trunk. Drive one you may like it.