IGNORED

@#@@#$@@# Son of !@$!@#@$

Guest cdat

Driving home from the Grocery store, 81 y/o in a brand new subaru pulls directly into my lane, panics and comes to a complete stop. Can swerve to the right, so I picked the rear quarter panel and hit him. Up and over the windshield, over the rear of his car and down onto the pavement I go. Sprained neck and back and a magnificent bruise on my left thigh from whatever I hit when I was traveling thru the air. 6 Hours in the hospital, bikes totaled, helmet has some pretty nifty gouges, but hey, other then I'm going to be pretty sore I will be fine. Now comes the fun part, fighting the insurance companies. Hmmm, what a shame the 08's JUST came out. :cool10:

Sorry to hear of your crash and glad to hear that you relatively OK. As has been said, the bike can be replaced. Having totaled mine a couple of weeks ago and already settled with the insurance company, I hope you had Progressive too. They were great to work with.

Good Luck,

Dennis

The Texas Lesgislatur passed a law effective Sept 1, drivers 85 and over have to pass a written and driving test to get their license renewed. I think it should have been 80 and over......

At least you are one of the lucky ones to live to tell about it........I do believe after you reach 80, they ought to ban seniors from driving, they just dont have the reflexes it takes to drive safely.........

Hope you recover fast and fully.

Glad it's you telling us, never a good thing to hear. Take the time to heal properly and dont settle for anything less that the bike is worth. Also remember that there will be ailments in the future so dont settle on the first offer for your pain and suffering.

I had the same thing happen earlier this year.I was going down the highway and a big, white' landbarge pulls out from a side road and stops in my lane like a deer in headlights! Luckily there were no cars comming the other direction and I was able to swerve around his front. Would have gone back to talk with them, but I didn't want to go to jail. I never new I could get the backtire to smoke!

Have a speedy recovery!

Kenw:322:

Glad your OK jt that must have left you shaken and a load in your boxers...but someone must be watcing over you..

........I do believe after you reach 80, they ought to ban seniors from driving, they just dont have the reflexes it takes to drive safely.........
Wait a just a second on this one Dragon rider.. I hope to be riding my scoot long after I'm 80 .. and Idiot drivers start out long before there 80...

Glad your OK jt that must have left you shaken and a load in your boxers...but someone must be watcing over you..

[/color][/size][/font][/color]Wait a just a second on this one Dragon rider.. I hope to be riding my scoot long after I'm 80 .. and Idiot drivers start out long before there 80...[/size][/font]

I got to agree with George here. Many of our older people are in very good shape and of sound mind.

Having said that, and knowing that i only have 42 more years to go to 85, I do think that there should be a system of checks begining maby as early s 70. I say that with some measure of experience. My grand father (96) just stopped driving about 2 years ago. He didn't want to give up his independance, He didn't think he had a problem, Every accident he had was always someone elses fault. And there were several accidents.

He does not suffer from Alzimers. his mind is pretty solid. But he can't see well; He thinks he can.

My former Fire chief (Over 70) Now suffering from alzimers, had several episodes with getting "lost" or "forgetting" before he was diagnosed. He never had an accident, that i know of; but there were several times in the early stages where we had to go find him after an accident or fire. He was never "lost" as far as we knew; but i think he forgot what he was doing.

My teo cents, For all our Safety. Young and Old.:322:

Glad to hear you made it through that one. Heal fast Bro

80 is bad but around here 17 on a cell phone driving and 3 more in the car talking means they have no clue your around on a bike. They are in their own world and I try to stay as far away as I can so both our worlds don't colide.

Its getting to be leaf watching season here and everyone fron Atlanta comes up here to see it. I might just quit riding till its over.

The Texas Lesgislatur passed a law effective Sept 1, drivers 85 and over have to pass a written and driving test to get their license renewed. I think it should have been 80 and over......

You a Government ho? :no-no-no: