IGNORED

Half way there - picture

Venturous Randy

I posted earlier about my lifestyle change and was asked for a picture, so I will post a couple. I really do appreciate all the encouragement I am getting from you guys and I still have a ways to go. I will also see if I can find one from earlier. The one from Asheville is me on the left with me keeping the picture balanced. I was actually not at my peak weight in that picture.

RandyA

Way to go, Randy!!

I too have changed my lifestyle. For the past year, I've been on the only diet that will work longterm for ME. I've tried about everything else and the weight always comes back. For me, I've come to the realization that the only thing that will work is the one diet that everyone hates......eat sensibly, and EXERCISE. I joined a fitness center a year ago, and have lost 40 pounds, gained strength and stamina, feel so much better. Some mornings I hate getting up and going, but know that I really have no choice. My desire to be healthier is stronger than my aversion to exercise. It actually gets to be fun!

Keep at it, and enjoy life!

Joe

The weight loss looks great on you and I'm one that has strugled with it my entire 58 yrs but I'm not real sure about the lavender bike though. :snow2:

It ain't lavender, it's Twilight Royal Pearl and the good thing is, I like it, and a few other's seem to like it too. But, you might like the pink flames on it.

I can also say that my life after the military has been with me carrying a lot more weight than I should have and with dealing with diabetes due to it, is was time to take it serious in a lifestyle change.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and I really do want to encourage others to take a look at what has really made them gain weight, and there can be many reasons.

RandyA

Congrats there Randy. You're doing good. Take it from a guy that was topping out at 398 lbs 6 years ago, it's an every day challenge. I'm at 285 now and hoping to get to 250 one of these days.

Going from ripping the button off of a pair of 58" waist pants to sliding into an old pair of 38" jeans is pretty satisfiying. I got a pair of 34"s on standby..........I'll get there.

Hang in there.

Mike