IGNORED

How can Honda?

E-Fishin-C

6 cylinders,

fuel injection,

all kinds of on board computers for GPS, ABS, self leveling suspension, radio,

single sided swingarm for easy on the road tire changes,

aluminum frame

What about harley's ultra classic? Only 2 cylinders, steel frame, stanard air shocks, no ABS (unless up graded), air cooled. And yet the msrp is around $21,000. Some say the name "HARLEY" is worth several thousand it self! I"m still on the fence about that.

I agree.

I have an 87 Standard, and I believe they are the best kept secret of the touring bikes.

They're comfortable, FAST, they look great and they're Cheap.

As far as buying toys go, I couldn't justify spending 20K+ when I know that I can get a decent older venture for less than 1/4 of the cost.

Nothing against the 2nd Gens, I'd just hate to spend the extra $ just for the style.:guitarist 2:

There is a large School Parking Lot in Santa Clarita, Calif.

Every weekend folks bring their For Sale, Car's RV's , and Motorcycles there to sell.

Brother in law said two weeks ago couple Very Low Milage Harleys, one with only 800 miles, the other with about 7,000.

Asking price on both of them around $8,000. Lots of folks on west coast, ( esp California need money )

Anyway, if your seriously looking for a Harley, check around Calif. Lots of deals, or

probably any State for that matter.

bet the Goldwing won't handle a mountain HEAVY rain and hails storm. My 86 VR did, riding behind a 16 wheeler coming down from Beautiful Estes Park on 34 into Loveland, CO.

I'm a happy camper. Hope I am NEVER in that kind of weather again, though! But I sure have a love affair with my 86 VR that Squidley sold me with Lonna's permission! That ride just increased the passion!

JackZ

I'll never forget back in the mid 80s, had no car, but had to get from Key Largo, where I was living, to Hollywood, North of Miami, and ended up riding through Tropical Storm David.

It was raining so hard that the cars were mostly pulled off to the side of the road, and then there's me, on my 1980 Honda 750 Super Sport (I loved that bike) still riding. The rain had got to the ignition system, and it was running on two cylinders, and I figured that if I stopped, I'd never get it started again, so I did my best to keep the revs up and pray I didn't lose the third cylinder, and a half hour later the sun was out, and she was firing on all 4 again. Florida weather.

Those couple of years were a difficult time for me, but as I think of it, they were some of the best times of my life.:sun1::banana:

6 cylinders,

fuel injection,

aluminum frame

Yes but everything as far as add ons can cost immensely. $500.00 for a Honda plug and play CB. Come on! Overpriced and over-hyped. When you get a whole bunch of them together they become a health hazard breathing all that plastic fumes.:rotfl::D

The GL1800 is an awesome touring motorcycle. There is nothing else that compares. But, yeah, $25,000 kind of takes your breath away. I'm glad I bought mine in 05. I bought mine because it has all the things I love about my 1st gen venture...power, handling, comfort, drop-dead reliability, etc., except more of it and the brakes are way better. It also has awesome headlights and plenty of electrical capacity and the aftermarket is unbelievable.Buy a used one. They run 200,000 miles easy, like ventures. This year a new model is coming out so a bunch of used 1800's might be hitting the market in the next couple of years.

Why the difference in price..

Well for starters:

• XM Radio with NavTraffic & NavWeather systems

• Convenience of a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
  • Premium, six-speaker audio with an 80-watts-per-channel external amplifier.
  • New models come with Cold-weather comfort features like heated grips, a heated seat

• Foot-level warm-air ducts.
  • Satellite-Linked Navigation System.
  • Integrated anti-lock brakes (ABS).
  • Don't forget Honda's revolutionary airbag system

• 1832cc liquid-cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine
  • Audio/Comfort Package
  • Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
  • Computer-controlled digital with three-dimensional mapping
  • Five-speed including Overdrive
  • electric reverse
  • pro-Link single shock with computer-controlled spring-preload adjustment with two memory presets; 4.1 inches of travel
  • Front brakes = Dual full-floating 296mm discs with CBS three-piston calipers
  • Rear brakes =Single ventilated 316mm disc with CBS three-piston caliper
  • 18 inch front tire - 16 inch rear tire (in place of 16 & 15 inch tires)
  • Electric adjust windshield
  • Electric adjust headlight

And yes lots of plastic.. :whistling:

but lookie here, so does the RSV and every other type of vehicle these days.. :stickpoke:

I really like my GW and I "loved" my RSV..

Both are really fine bikes and yet both have their problems as well as any other type bike so to think one is better then the other is like Chevy v/s Dodge v/s Ford, we all have our reasons as to why we own what we own..

Your house my be white aluminum siding, mine may be brick, but that doesn't mean mine is better.

Where does it end.....:confused24:

Besides my GW, with the pull behind trailer and a side car body was only 12K....

just couldn't pass it up..:biker:

Edited by Eck

Honda makes the Ultimate touring bike, plain and simple. I love my '86 VR and I have ridden and like very much the RS Venture. But the GW isn't twice what the Venture is, maybe 30%, and if you figure some wild discounts for last years Venture, you may get closer, but hardly half the price. The Venture is the best value in a big bagger no doubt.

As for Harley, I was curious, but not until I rode one for 600 miles over the holidays (rental in Florida) did I realize it was a great bike. Not for everyone, but then NO bike is for everyone, that is why we are lucky to have a choice.

I wish Yamaha would bring the Venture back to closer to what it was like my '86. I like a water cooled V-4 big bagger with all the features, but don't need 900 pounds and 30 something MPG. That is why I am considering the Ultra Classic Electra Glide. The current Venture is too much like a Harley, and I might as well have the original, and the GW is too wide for me to ride comfortably and doesn't get good MPG. At least the Harley is in the mid-upper 40's for MPG. Don't knock an Electra till you get a couple days on one! :)

Keeping my VR though, I only wish I could buy a brand new one.

Honda makes the Ultimate touring bike, plain and simple. I love my '86 VR and I have ridden and like very much the RS Venture. But the GW isn't twice what the Venture is, maybe 30%, and if you figure some wild discounts for last years Venture, you may get closer, but hardly half the price. The Venture is the best value in a big bagger no doubt.

As for Harley, I was curious, but not until I rode one for 600 miles over the holidays (rental in Florida) did I realize it was a great bike. Not for everyone, but then NO bike is for everyone, that is why we are lucky to have a choice.

I wish Yamaha would bring the Venture back to closer to what it was like my '86. I like a water cooled V-4 big bagger with all the features, but don't need 900 pounds and 30 something MPG. That is why I am considering the Ultra Classic Electra Glide. The current Venture is too much like a Harley, and I might as well have the original, and the GW is too wide for me to ride comfortably and doesn't get good MPG. At least the Harley is in the mid-upper 40's for MPG. Don't knock an Electra till you get a couple days on one! :)

Keeping my VR though, I only wish I could buy a brand new one.

Doesn't get good mileage?

who told you that? mom and dad's average is about 43

and when they pull a trailer its 36, so maybe thats where you heard the 30

6 cylinders,

fuel injection,

aluminum frame

that about covers it, don't forget the very fast, and sport tourer handling. i could add a bunch more too. i only gave $16,500 for my 08 wing out the door. swifty and i were down at russleville honda last summer where i got mine. i thought he was gonna take one home. :2133: