IGNORED

Need your prayers Guys/Gals

davepa

Spent the night With my daughter Ashley and husband Coby at Conemaugh in Johnstown, Pa were she was taken by ambulance after a ultra sound indicated that the cord was wrapped around the baby's neck 4 times. Was later told the last weeks U S showed the cord being wrapped 3 times but did not tell her. They have diagnosed her with preeclampsia which she had early signs of and they had been testing her for two weeks before. Her blood pressure is high, too much protein in the urine, her platelets are too low and they are giving her magnesium for that.

That being said, the Dr's. are trying to delay things until this evening with hopes the lungs will develop more with the help of yet another IV (steroid) added to the 5 others. This is her first pregnancy and she and her husband are frightened.

They are prepared to do an emergency C if momma or baby have too much distress. They do need a lot of prayers!

Regards Dave

Ashley is doing as well as can be expected . She had her breakfast (clear liquids) and is trying to get some more sleep.

She is 1 1/2 cm and her mucas plug is out. They are going to break her water sometime this afternoon.

Her platelet count is finally up today so they are going to lower the magnesium drip they are giving her. The mag counteracts the potossin slowing the natural contraction and thinning process making the dilation slower.

She has had two steroid shots to boost the babys lungs. The wrapped cord is still a concern she is being watched closely and a C section may be performed if needed.

Yes to a previous post, this is Ashley's first baby.....

Thanks for the prayers!

Dave

Holy Cow Dave!

Both Jean and I are shocked to hear this news! We truly hope that all goes well for your daughter. If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know. We are willing to help any way we can. I am a universal blood donor, (O pos) if blood is needed, please let me know. ( Of course this would me we would be "Blood Brothers" then) :doh:

Your family is in our thoughts and prayers,

Earl and Jean

Holy Cow Dave!

Both Jean and I are shocked to hear this news! We truly hope that all goes well for your daughter. If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know. We are willing to help any way we can. I am a universal blood donor, (O pos) if blood is needed, please let me know. ( Of course this would me we would be "Blood Brothers" then) :doh:

Your family is in our thoughts and prayers,

Earl and Jean

Thanks Earl/Jean I grabbed my lap top as I headed to the hospital it is my therapy source now. Denise rode in the ambulance with Ashley. My plate is full now as I sent you a message earlier about my father finding he has cancer. After some scans He is to start radiation and I must take him to The University of Maryland Medical Center Friday near Baltimore. Will keep you updated.

On top of all that a Nor'easter is heading our way and Kayla (daughter attending Coastal Carolina University) is trying drive home before the storm hits.

As always I will climb over one hump at a time and get through this!

PS..blood brothers would be cool....:stickpoke:

Dave

Thanks Earl/Jean I grabbed my lap top as I headed to the hospital it is my therapy source now. Denise rode in the ambulance with Ashley. My plate is full now as I sent you a message earlier about my father finding he has cancer. After some scans He is to start radiation and I must take him to The University of Maryland Medical Center Friday near Baltimore. Will keep you updated.

On top of all that a Nor'easter is heading our way and Kayla (daughter attending Coastal Carolina University) is trying drive home before the storm hits.

As always I will climb over one hump at a time and get through this!

PS..blood brothers would be cool....:stickpoke:

Dave

Well it's a little late for her trip back home, but before she leaves to go back to school give her a list of us folks down this way. For the just in case situations. I know I can speak on behalf of the folks in VA, NC, and SC to let you know that she can get help or a place to stay if the weather is iffy on her way home as well.

Hope all continues to go well for you daughter and the baby. Sounds like most likely a c section unless they can get the cord to come undone.

Margaret