IGNORED

How was everyone's deer season ?

BuckShot

My daughter got her first deer, a little fork horn. Eventually, after 6 days of nothing - I saw a deer and shot it - nice, fat doe. I gotta have at least 1 deer in freezer every year or I'd have to go back to eating BEEF! Didn't get a chance at another deer the last 3 days of the gun season. Slooooow year up here - statewide the kill was down about 30%.

Didn't get a chance to do much deer hunting. But, I'm having a wild hog problem around the house and I have killed 2 hogs within the last 2 weeks and wasn't even hunting.....just looked out my back window!! 1 was about 150 lbs and the other one was about 100 lbs

Congrats on the 2 hogs. Sounds like I need to come down and thin a few more out for you. We've been busy eating whats in the freezer. Maybe the weather will break and I can make it down to police up the stands.

Season totals so far 1 sow, 2 does and 1 buck. 1 big buck road kill stolen off the side of the road.

I got one Mule Deer & one Bull Elk. Shot them both with a Canon (Digital That Is).:hurts:

I actually shot a few more but the were the best. If your intrested click on the link at the bottom and go to the Rocky Mountain page.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/CNONT/MD11of1.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/CNONT/elk21of1.jpg

Edited by Bvinson

Unfortunately I haven't been deer hunting in years (and I miss it). I just got fed up with no public land in Texas and the high price of the common private hunting lease, so I alwas seemed to be busy doing other things. Wish I was back out west. . .

Oh way, maybe one of these years I'll find a good place to hunt again where it won't cost more than the venison is worth!

Goose

now BJ that is one BIG DEER! What did you kill it with?

My son shot it with a youth model .243 at about 85 yards. made a nice shot on him too. Actually thanks goes to my brother who had a shot at him earlier that morning and let him go so one of my 2 boys could get a crack at him. We always let the boys shoot theirs first. And we get to shoot the left overs. It worked out so that my son went with his uncle because of the size of the deer stand. My stand was bigger, so my older son and I sat in that one. So if i'd go on a diet maybe I could've been with my boy when he shot his first deer. And one final note, my other son and I didnt see crap.........:doh:

Congrats on the 2 hogs. Sounds like I need to come down and thin a few more out for you. We've been busy eating whats in the freezer. Maybe the weather will break and I can make it down to police up the stands.

Season totals so far 1 sow, 2 does and 1 buck. 1 big buck road kill stolen off the side of the road.

Hogs are coming up to the barn and mailbox. They rooted up my neighbors yard and he put out a trail camera and a trap. Got a pic with 18 100 -150 lbs hogs. He caught 6 in the trap one night. I also have been seeing fresh signs all over the rest of the place...big field, little field and creek. Saw some in the woods between house and field Sunday night. I've buried 3 bags of corn to try to get them away from the house. When it sours, they'll dig it up and hopefully someone will be there with a rifle.

Here's a pic of my results this year. Nice doe with a flintlock rifle I built from a blank.

[ATTACH]40788[/ATTACH]

I'll throw this in from last spring. My wife (Denise) and I doubled on a pair of IA turkeys, this time with muzzleloading shotguns that I built myself.

[ATTACH]40789[/ATTACH]

That was probably my favorite hunting memory ever, getting 2 big turkeys within about 15 seconds, sitting side-by-side with my honey.

4 does for me here in Tn. My hunting buddy ended up with the Tn. limit on bucks (3). Sorry I don't have pics of them, but all were nice for around here. We hunt 53 acres together which runs down in Hatchie River bottom. He saw mostly bucks, but when I got a chance to go, I couldn't buy a buck. That's why they call it deer HUNTING!:think:

This year was a slow year for us, Alot of flooding on our ground that we normally hunt. Here is a picture of my sons 1st deer taken last year. Its all downhill from there.....

My neighbor shot this buck about 1/4 mile from where i normally hunt. My area was flooded, but if it wasn't maybe this could've been me!