IGNORED

Hm-m-m-m, what are these???

Mel

Can one of you smart folks out there tell what these are? Left rear cylinder has a chromed wire loop and a small curved chrome plate on top. Right rear cylinder has a chromed wire loop on top. I'm baffled! Thanks to anyone who solves my mystery.

My dealer took them off before I took delivery on my 2007 venture. He said that they were some type of deflector and totally useless. He did however give them to me and said if for any reason I wanted them back on he would put them on for me. Since they are chrome I wish I could figure out a place to use them where they would show.

Later

Gary

:think:

.... NO time to dream dreams in my retirement years!

... No need to worry about engine temp on my great 86 VR!

Dat's Just de way it iz!

JackZ:smile5:

PS Agree with the implication too: II Gens are always too hot to touch. I touch my 1st Gen all the time! HOWEVER: having said all of that, I DO enjoy watching the II Gens in the parking lot as I zip by them.

Jz:Im not listening to

They do infact have a function, they keep your leg from touching the valve cover when get on and off the bike, even they get hot but not as hot as the valve cover.

Gregg

If you need them for the heat on your legs.......Then YOU'RE NOT RIDING NEAR FAST ENOUGH!!!!!!!:nanner:

I took them off long ago. I just think it makes everything much cleaner looking. I've not had any problems burning my legs or anything else.

Don. Would you like to clarify that statement?

One would assume that you do wear clothes whilst riding? :think: