IGNORED

annie needs your prayers

Quickstep

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Annie I'm sure its obvious that with so many responses you've touched a lot of hearts here. You have always brought a smile with your comments and warm good humor. Let me had my small prayer to the many others here. We miss your light heart and good fun. Hurry back soon PB&J

Update - hot off the press.

Annie went into surgery around 12 noon her time yesterday.

Was out by 5pm and in post-op recovery.

I tried to ring her then, but when she didn't answer I knew she was "comatose.'

I rang Al who confirmed she was 'out of it' so I left it until now to ring her again.

And the good news is - she's fine.

She has 4 metal rings and a bolt on the lower part of her leg. She tried to tell me what the apparatus was called and the best she could come up with was "an Iliya Zaroff" thingy.

I tried to Goooooooooooogle combinations of that but found nothing relevant.

The bad news is - she is off the road as a driver or rider.

No cars and no bikes. And boy is she not happy about that! After all those years off the road, finally getting back on and now this.

Annie asked me to again thank everybody for their kind wishes and prayers.

She said she should be home by mid next week.

I'm sure she'll then get back on the site and catch up with y'all.

So there you have it.

Annie, doctors have been wrong before. I hope in this case they are wrong and you get your wheels back soon. Prayers for you both daily from South Mississippi. Your VR family misses Y'all dearly. Get well soon Annie!!!!!!! Carl and Pam.

Annie, doctors have been wrong before. I hope in this case they are wrong and you get your wheels back soon. Prayers for you both daily from South Mississippi. Your VR family misses Y'all dearly. Get well soon Annie!!!!!!! Carl and Pam.

Ditto. prayers sent from Virginia!:happy34:

Annie I'm glad to hear your surgery came out fine. Go easy,rest up.and heal fast.

Remember this.....No Doctor has ever been able to measure the strength of the human spirit. Your "WILL" to do what you want to do will be the driving force for you to accomplish whatever YOU want to do. Those Medical quacks have never figgered out how to put THAT in a bottle and sell it.

Boomer....still sending out kick a$$ vibes and prayers for you Annie.:cool10:

Annie glad you are doing better and nothing is set in stone!! Doctors still have not released me to ride on my leg. He claims it can't take that kind of strain. He needs to get some heavier hardware then. I WILL NOT tell you not to listen to the docs but give it time and see where things go. Listen to them while it is healing.

WE MISS YA!!! WHY?? You are Family.

Glad all went well with the surgery. Now as for what them docs say about no riding. I wouldn't listen too hard to that. I'm sure once you're up and going on your own you'll be able to tell what you can handle and what you can't. Just don't over do it. We love ya Annie.

Margaret

And the good news is - she's fine.

Irene and I are glad to hear she's doing well.

She has 4 metal rings and a bolt on the lower part of her leg. She tried to tell me what the apparatus was called and the best she could come up with was "an Iliya Zaroff" thingy.

I tried to Goooooooooooogle combinations of that but found nothing relevant.

FYI folks, this sounds like a form of "external fixture".

When my left leg was crushed they didn't put it in a cast. They put four extra long wood screws (sort of) into the bones and hooked them all together with clamps and rods. This method gives better immobilization than a cast while allowing for swelling and full access to the leg. The outfit they put on ankles and feet is very elaborate and involves metal rings along with the pins and clamps.

The look of the setup tended to creep people out, but there was no pain to speak of and it all worked quite well for me. Nurse wants the leg moved? Grab the fixture and move it. The leg will follow. Much better than trying to handle all that angry meat.

Mildly unpleasant photos of my external fixture can be seen here.

The bad news is - she is off the road as a driver or rider.

No cars and no bikes. And boy is she not happy about that! After all those years off the road, finally getting back on and now this....

Just a suggestion, but: When the Doc says it's ready for normal use, don't ask a bunch of detailed questions. "Is there anything I should know?" is good. "When can I ride again?" is the wrong thing to ask. My Doc follows several big-time racing circuits to fix the drivers who eat wall. He's good, with plenty of experience with crushed legs, but he's pretty much anti-motorcycle. If I'd have asked him when I could ride again I probably still wouldn't have permission. When he said full weight bearing/normal activities I picked up my new RSV and went riding again, a little here and a little there until I was back to normal mileages.

Attitude is a huge part of recovery. Think positive.

Get well, Annie.

So sad to hear about your leg being broken. :crying:

So glad to hear your operation went well.:Avatars_Gee_George:

Will be sending one of my wife's hand made get well cards to you. Hope it cheers you up! Get you leg felling better real soon.

Miss you on the forum....now we have to listen to that guy from Conneticut and me. Wow that ain't much of a choice. Get yourself well and get you b-hind back to us on the forum.

All your mates miss you!!!! :missingtooth:

God's speed to your getting well!!!!!!

Bubber

Glad to hear the surgery went well, Annie. Let yourself heal first and then think about the bike again. Right now any doctor would tell you not to ride again. Give it some time to heal and I bet he softens his stance. Its a set back, not the end of the world. With your positive outlook I bet your up and riding again real soon!!:smile5:

Annie,

Glad everything went well for you, so far!!!! We need you to be strong and get better right now, cause we are selfish and want you back!:confused24: We miss you!!!:bighug: So right now....do as the doctors say, and heal....after that, you decide on what you want to do! Just remember.....we will be here for you, no matter what you decide!!!!!

Take care of you! And we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers! If you need anything, please let us know, and we will do whatever we have to!:bighug: