IGNORED

Spiral in the sky

MikesBike

The wind can do very strange things. During one race I was in my boat under reduced sail beating upwind against 3ft waves while a boat 40ft away was totally becalmed with the sails flapping and not a ripple on the water. Several times I have been on the bow of the ship as we glide down a narrow channel without a ripple on the water and there would suddenly be a splash and a hole in the water as if someone had dropped a bowling ball into the water. It was just a brief blast of wind in that spot. I have sailed out of harbour under spinnaker with the wind dead astern and passed a boat sailing into harbour under spinnaker with the wind dead astern of him. We were a boat length apart. I watched smoke rise from the farmhouse across the lake one calm morning. It rose up then made an abrupt 90 degree turn to my right and formed a corkscrew pattern for about 60 feet then reversed direction and went straight through the corkscrew without disturbing it. A funny one was when I got a late start in one race and was sailing up the channel under spinnaker. About 10 boats were becalmed ahead of me. I had my radio on and was listening to blues. Just as I got to the other boats the music switched to gospel. I sailed right through the whole group. They never got a breath. They were all asking what station I was listening to, they wanted to tune in to the gospel. Ya never know, it might have helped.

You do need to pay attention to what the press does too.

The first headline I saw had a spectacular image of a blue corkscrew ending in a perfectly proportioned spiral of blue and white that filled a large portion of the sky.

Inside the article was a cell phone video of the actual event that was much less dramatic, a pinpoint of light in a tight spiral away.

Clearly that first image was some sort of "artist concept" that wasn't noted as such at all.

I have been watching this unfold since the moment it happened. I have a friend in Norway, that was just flat freaking out about it.

There are some great videos of the whole event. The best one I watch seemed to end in some sort of "Black hole". It is quite trippy.

Here is the first place I saw it. Watch the video second from the bottom.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1234430/Mystery-spiral-blue-light-display-hovers-Norway.html?ITO=1490

Get your Nikes on ...the Mothership is coming:hihi:

"Crud, I thought that's what the kool-aid was for :doh::crackup:"

WE GOING TO HAVE A PARTY! WE GOING TO HAVE A PARTY!

WE GOING TO HAVE A PARTY!

Kool-aid my Nikes and Tiger Woods.................... Soon they have us all drinking the Kool-aid reality

So Sad! Wait I see the Mothership now.

I highly doubt it was a missile gone astray, as I have seen some of those, and when they start spiraling, they tend to work their way toward the outside in much larger strokes, and they aren't that pretty. They don't make nice tight pretty circles like that.

Scary as hell too, as you don't know if it's gonna come back toward you or not.:scared:

Thanks, It's nice to be back. Like a lot of other folk, it's been a tight year but I'm finally back on a Royale. Wife said there ain't no way I'm going to sell this one or she'd ...:buttkick:

Anyway, you'd think a spinning rocket would be affected by gravity and deform the spiral as it was pulled to Earth. Besides, wouldn't you expect the smoke to be coming out one end and not both? I agree with you Squid, I don't accept the explanation given. Again I ask, lying signs and wonders?