IGNORED

Looking for Bike Cover recommendations

Mover

I'm looking for recommendations on a Bike Cover. It should be a name brand, waterproof, full size and pack up small for travel. The RSV is garage kept so heavy duty cover isn't required. Please include manufacturer, product name and size.

Thanks

Mover

I bought mine from e-bay, and for what you want, why not just use an old bed sheet? I have a fitted cover (the one from E-bay) to use when on the road, but for in the garage, I don't mess with it, just throw and old bed sheet over it.

In doing a quick search, this is the cover that I bought, and this store seems to have a good price. leatherup.com, the Nelson Rigg deluxe cover.

http://tinyurl.com/ylo32fw

Bought a couple on eBay around three years ago. The brand name was "Gorilla covers". Don´t know if they are still around but this is simply the best buy I have made for my motorcycles. Heat shield on the bottom part, vent flaps above the steering, soft fabric on the inside to prevent scratches and straps to fasten under the bike. Colors to choose from and even though they are strong and ridgid they pack up pretty small and easily.

Friendly regards from Iceland (ehhhhh,,Norway at the moment - work).

Jonas / Starfan

• 5 weeks later...

I have been using a Walmart cover on my bikes for years, $20 and works like a charm. In certain situations more expensive isn't always better

:2cents:

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

Got my first one there last week,,,$20 and I LIKE IT!

Renne :080402gudl_prv:

I've been using the Wally World full cover for 3 years. I keep mine with me all the time as I ride every day and park the bike outside while at work in all weather. It's NOT totally water proof but does a great job in all but the heaviest rains. It has held up very well.

I ordered one off eBay last night. like the one listed in the other post as it is a half cover. All I really need for my daily stuff. Just want to protect the electronics, and cover the rear trunk and keep the seat try as I have a fitted lamb skin cover on it. Save a little room in the side bag and still protect the important stuff

As stated, you don't need to spend big bucks to get the best cover unless you plan on storing the bike out side ALL the time.

There have been some listing on eBay from China for covers at .99 cents and a few bucks shipping. A couple of friends bought these and they seem to be real close in quality to what Wally World is selling. Go figure.

Mike

A word of caution no matter what type of bike cover you choose to use...

Take serious care when placing both antennas in the "DOWN" position or "UP" position.

Sometimes, the antennas are not installed correctly and when you go to place them in the down (or up), position, the antenna will hit or rub against the areas to the left or right of the rear speaker housings and cause unsightly scratches in the paint....

I strongly suggest you place an old used wash cloth or rag on the antennas in the area where they may contact the speaker housing. I used a "bread wrapper tie" to help hold the wash cloths in place while antennas were in the down position. I only removed the wash cloth / rag after the antennas were both placed in the UP position, then I stored the wash cloths and tie wraps in my side bag..in a plastic zip lock bag for future use..

I used this same method even when I had to haul my RSV..I tied placed the antennas in the down position... just for my own piece of mind..you however may choose not to..

:080402gudl_prv:

I've been using the Wally World full cover for 3 years. I keep mine with me all the time as I ride every day and park the bike outside while at work in all weather. It's NOT totally water proof but does a great job in all but the heaviest rains. It has held up very well.

I ordered one off eBay last night. like the one listed in the other post as it is a half cover. All I really need for my daily stuff. Just want to protect the electronics, and cover the rear trunk and keep the seat try as I have a fitted lamb skin cover on it. Save a little room in the side bag and still protect the important stuff

As stated, you don't need to spend big bucks to get the best cover unless you plan on storing the bike out side ALL the time.

There have been some listing on eBay from China for covers at .99 cents and a few bucks shipping. A couple of friends bought these and they seem to be real close in quality to what Wally World is selling. Go figure.

Mike

I have used both of these. not much difference. Wally World comes out a couple bucks cheaper if you happen to be there. If you use them outside a lot they do not weather well but you can expect a little over a year out of them. Probally a lot longer for a Garage baby. "UGLY" ain't that lucky. Yet!!!:snow2::snow2:

I'm looking for recommendations on a Bike Cover. It should be a name brand, waterproof, full size and pack up small for travel. The RSV is garage kept so heavy duty cover isn't required. Please include manufacturer, product name and size.

Thanks

Mover

Check out princess auto