IGNORED

Ok Who Is Right

saddlebum

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I may not always be right, but I'm NEVER wrong, and in our house, it's over the top, but I guess it would depend upon the application. Generally you want the end to come as close to where you are setting at the time so you don't have to reach as far...

*sigh* It's gonna be a long winter!

It must come from "over the top"......

This is and has been, a pet peeve of mine which I shared with my wife "before" we got married..so I WON this battle long before we were ever married..

The paper will always be over the top at our house...and as already mentioned, same with paper towels..

Now for another one:

Which goes on the right? The salt shaker or pepper shaker?

Well, I may not always be right, but I'm NEVER wrong, and in our house, it's over the top, but I guess it would depend upon the application. Generally you want the end to come as close to where you are setting at the time so you don't have to reach as far...

ya.... reach too far and... oooops ... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

when i seen this post, i started to worry, have i been putting it on wrong all these years.

now, should the lid be up or down. :think:

The lid can be up... "they" prefer it that way... but the seat ... now that's a different story ... especially if ya leave it up! :rotf: :rotf:

My wife say's when putting up the toilet paper the free end should come down in front of the roll....I say it should come down behind the roll...so which is it....:think::think::think::think::think:

Depends if you right handed or left handed, of course!

:detective:

You know, I grew up with it coming 'round the back. My first wife beat me into having it come over the top.

It didn't occur to me until I saw the video Freebird posted - The house I grew up in had the TP holders recessed into the wall, with a curved back that pretty much matched the roll. When fed over the top pulling on the end tended to bind the roll and you'd get 1 square. Feeding it around back caused pulling to lift the roll off the back plate so it didn't bind.

My current wife also likes to have it fed over top. She also thinks it's ok to leave the roll with just the square that is glued to the cardboard tube so long as there is a spare roll in the cabinet (unless I'm the one that does that, then it's evil).

Personally I'm happy when there is enough to do the job, no matter which way it hangs.

Over the top,,,, unless you have small kids or frantic pets,,,, then put it to the back so they don't run it all on the floor. That's cute once.

Let's not get into how many sheets,,, okay.

Funny this is in the "Watering Hole" section. So many other forums seem, almost, appropriate for it.

You set the paper roll over to left side of the seat. You put the corn cobs in a bucket on the right side. You grab a corn cob in your right hand and take a swipe with that then drop it down the hole. You roll up some paper in your right hand or ( a page from an old Sears and Roebuck catalog ) and finish off with the paper and drop it down the hole. Your Done!!

:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to