IGNORED

The end of the rsv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ken

I was just over on the Steve Saunders Goldwing forums and found a thread about the end of the Venture! It was just posted today so there has been no commits as of yet. This is what it said:

(Stopped by the local Yamaha dealer yesterday. The sales manager said the company may cease production of the RSV, due to low sales. Apparently the company doesn't want to reduce the price or upgrade the RSV. (engine size, carb-to-F.I., etc) He continued to say that Yamaha plans to concentrate more on their 1900cc models. I might to lurk over to Venture.org, to get the skinny. Anybody heard anything similar or different? )

Anyone here hear anything like this. I would not be surprised if it were true. Yamaha sure isn't going out of thier way to keep up with what buyer want.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like eveything else, I bought a Valkyrie and honda quit making them, found bluesjeans I really liked and duckhead quit making that style, earthshoe made a shoe that was really comfortable to me and guess what, I bought 2 pair and they quit making them.

I should have known when I bought the Venture it was all over for the RSV.

Just shoot me

Gregg:doh:

I think that any such rumors that you hear at this point are exactly that...rumors. Yamaha has NEVER announced what they were doing until they actually do it. I don't doubt that it could happen but I think that any dealer who says such a thing at this time is just speculating.

I think that any such rumors that you hear at this point are exactly that...rumors. Yamaha has NEVER announced what they were doing until they actually do it. I don't doubt that it could happen but I think that any dealer who says such a thing at this time is just speculating.

Or he has Stratoliners and trying to get them moved!

:farmer:

New Venture 2011. Entire new platform. (ssshhh. Sworn to secrecy.)
you must have the same source i have. i've already bet freezyrider on it. that dinner at culpeppers is sure going to taste good. i can almost tell you what it's going to look like. it will have a detuned version of the v-max engine and i think some automotive tecnology is going to filter over to the engine. i think the old timers are going to be disappointed in the styling. the economy may hurt the 2011 introduction date. yammer is going after the goldwing market. the all new wing is supposed to debut in 2011. it will be made in japan at a brand new high tech plant. no more usa production. i look for the japanese to move alot of their production out of the usa. they know when the ship is financially sinking, and the dollar is becoming worthless to the rest of the world. :depressed:

I was just over on the Steve Saunders Goldwing forums and found a thread about the end of the Venture! It was just posted today so there has been no commits as of yet. This is what it said:

(Stopped by the local Yamaha dealer yesterday. The sales manager said the company may cease production of the RSV, due to low sales. Apparently the company doesn't want to reduce the price or upgrade the RSV. (engine size, carb-to-F.I., etc) He continued to say that Yamaha plans to concentrate more on their 1900cc models. I might to lurk over to Venture.org, to get the skinny. Anybody heard anything similar or different? )

Anyone here hear anything like this. I would not be surprised if it were true. Yamaha sure isn't going out of thier way to keep up with what buyer want.

If low sales were the reasoning for Yamaha to drop any particular bike line, they would drop every model they make right now cause bike sales across the country are at the lowest rate in quite a long time.

Many dealers are still holding '08s as well as '09s. And that's not just Ventures, it's all models.

Who knows. This summer I went to 4 Yamaha dealers and none of them had any RSV's, they said they sell them as fast as they can get them. Two of them said they won't carry Stratoliners anymore because they don't sell. Guess every area is different.

Regardless what they do if I can ever breath right again and get my back surgery done I'm going to a 2nd gen.

Cycle World mag just hit the door yesterday, they have a bagger Strat with a fairing on it pictured as a new model from Yammi next year.

Note that the bagger Strat is a "10" model and there IS an RSV shown on the Yamaha 2010 product site....soooo, 2011?

I think moving production out of the USA to Japan for Honda would be a mistake. High oil prices will return and the cost of shipping will go up proportionately. Labor costs in the USA are as good as Japan today I believe.
it's a done deal the honda plant in the usa has been shut down for quite awhile. they haven't made any wings here for a long time. i think they already auctioned off alot of tooling.

Or wants you to buy one of the bikes in his showroom.

Like eveything else, I bought a Valkyrie and honda quit making them, found bluesjeans I really liked and duckhead quit making that style, earthshoe made a shoe that was really comfortable to me and guess what, I bought 2 pair and they quit making them.

I should have known when I bought the Venture it was all over for the RSV.

Just shoot me

Gregg:doh:

So what youre saying is we can all blame you if this rumor turns out to be true-----:depressed::depressed::depressed:

I still don't buy the idea that Yamaha will stop mass producing Ventures. Due to economic conditions, Yamaha may strategically decide to slow down production and see this opportunity to incorporate new ideas and technological advancement applied to the new models...IMO. I think it is going to be a great start for Yamaha after 2010.

BTW, as long as I can still get parts for my '07. I am satisfied. :thumbsup:

You know...I always thought that I would probably buy at least one more new bike during my lifetime but I've about come to the conclusion that I may not. My '99 tops the list as the all time favorite of those that I have owned and I've owned a lot of bikes over the years. Retirement is coming quicker than I thought and justifying the cost of a new bike when I really do love the one that I already own just doesn't make as much sense as it once did. So....things could change but at this point...I'm not leaning towards ever replacing it. The '99 is paid for and has been for many years. Though we love to ride, life has gotten in the way and really reduced the number of miles that we get in each year. I hope to ride until I'm finished on this earth but am thinking that I can easily do it on the '99.

You know what really s***s, the local honda shops, are telling, Wing buyers, that the New Goldwings of 2010, will be more exspencive, and cheaply made..

To sell out what they have on there floors now. But Base price for a #1 Model is 23,700.00 (Stock-no gps-analog gauges-no bells or whistles)

Topped out at alittle over 27,000 for the #4 model:doh::no-no-no:

Even the Venture riders, can't consider, prices like that.

Soooo..... what does the Victory have for bikes????