IGNORED

The end of the rsv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ken

If i'd be in US, i'd buy a used 2009VMAX and make my own Tourer out of it. They sell dirt cheap currently. I'd invest some Brain Time and around 4000 Bucks and be done with a unique 200 hp long Distance Tourer.

I've had similar thoughts on older VMax's... but more along a Tour Deluxe style. Yeah, I know... weird. :hihi:

By the way, over here dirt cheap for an '09 is like $15,000!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Footsie, why don't you start liking that ©RAP music?

If you start liking it enough maybe that too will go disapear. And then this world would be a much better place to live! :crackup:

But please, don't start liking Jimmie Buffet, I'd hate to lose him. :no-no-no:

Dave (hater of that noise called rap)

No can't do hate rap, do like Buffet, I think he is safe, does not apply to music, just products. If it applied to music, Stevie Nicks would be in big trouble, I adore her.

Started to buy a Harley though, just to make them go under, but we don't need any more people out of work.

When I did think about it, HD layed off 1600 employees, they will close the doors if I buy ONE.

I've had similar thoughts on older VMax's... but more along a Tour Deluxe style. Yeah, I know... weird. :hihi:

By the way, over here dirt cheap for an '09 is like $15,000!

I'm quite familiar with the Prices in US. Let me tell you, 15,000 Bucks IS dirt cheap for a mostly slightly used Bike, even when considering the MSRP on the 2010 Model is 19,500 or so.. (I payed 16,500 Euro plus 19 Percent VAT here in January and with today's Exchange Rate this would be around 27,500 USD)

Granted, it's a LOT of Money, but once you've ridden one, not one single Buck of the Amount payed is too much spent. It's a fantastic Ride and it's much more than anyone could expect from such a huge and heavy Bike.

Why are my comments being turned into a 1st gen vs. 2nd gen issue. :confused24: Please check my posts. I have not said one word about 1st gen bikes. The only bike I knocked in the least was the Goldwing. I love the 1st gen bike. I almost bought a 1st gen bike. In fact, the only reason I didn't was I didn't have the cash to pay for it, I needed a loan, and my credit union required the bike to be less than 10 years old.

So enough already on the 1st gen / 2nd gen comments. Let's get back to speculating on 3rd gen, which is what THIS thread is supposed to be all about.

:thumbsup2:

What he said! the gen thing gets so tiresome.

Is that the 1st gen Venture was actually split into two bikes . the laid back harleyesque 2nd Gen and the sporty FJR1300. The second gen still uses the tried and true V4. and as many have already pointed out the V-Max sales i doubt will justify the development of a whole new engine with out other platforms to put it in. Yamaha may just drop the model for a year or two to see which way the styling is going.

BUT, we are seeing a resurgance of the sport tourer and as others have pointed out a focus toward younger riders, many of whom have come off sport bikes and not quite ready for a full boat tourer, wanting handling with their tourer like the 1st gen used to afford.That could make the FJR a possible candidate for the new "Venture" in 2011 something with a permanent trunk, stereo etc,etc.

Truth be told Yamaha has a wealth of choices in the new Venture with two very strong power plants to chose from. The V-Max engine is the logical choice (To all of us anyway). But to new buyers it may not make any difference.

Oddly Honda is bringing back the 90 degree V4 in a 1200 size this year which makes me wonder if a 2011 Venture might return to a more 1st gen(BMW) styling

( I wish,i wish).We'll just have to wait and see.:detective:

I look at it this way. Either they sell everyone that gets on the showroom floors in San Diego and Las Vegas OR they don't make enough. I have seen only 1 new on any showroom floor in the 2 places I have mentioned.