IGNORED

It's only a 1300

Steve S

Yesterday I had a female friend ask me what "size" the Venture was. I explained to her that it had a 1300cc engine. She said "Oh, that's small enough for me to handle". I told her that it was a VERY heavy bike. She then proceded to inform me that she had she motorcycle license and said "The weight doesn't matter, as long as it has a small engine, I can handle it". :bang head: :bang head: :bang head:

I didn't even bother to waste my breath trying to explain the difference. Needless to say, she WILL NOT ride it.:no-no-no: :no-no-no: :no-no-no:

:crackup::crackup:

Thanks for sharing that; that is just TOO funny... I am related to someone like that, but that is another story for another time.

Note to self: as long as I have a small enough 'engine', my weight doesn't matter and she can... well, never mind :rasberry:

should set her on a 1000cc crotch rocket and see if she can handle it.

geeeesh I wonder what she's thinkin... maybe comparing it to cu inches... cc's don't mean nuthin in her mind.

is she blond?

Sorry for bein derogatory about your "friend".

She could probably handle a Boss Hoss after all it's only a 454.:rotf:

Hey, while we were riding in CO I was passed on some twisties by a Boss Hoss. I was thinking, "I'll probably see him on a hillside later". Got to the next mountain pass pull off and the bike was sitting there. About 10 mins later this lady walks up to it and proceeds to ride it away. I decided she was more man than I am!:bang head:

I know i'm getting old 'cause I remember when a 650 was a BIG bike, while the absolute biggest thing on the road was a HD 74 (1200) with about 60 horses.

I wonder how many newbies today crash hard/die 'cause their riding "little" 600's that only put 110 horsepower.......

Back in "the day" when I was a pup I had to have a new '72 Kawasaki H2 triple cause it was "The Fastest Accelerating Production Motorcycle in the World" (and of course I needed "the fastest" to get to work:hihi:) , and yet I remember that it was over 400 lbs weight and 74 horsepower...

Sheesh, things are to weird. I traded an 07 FJR (also 1300 cc) for my Venture and that "little" engine cranked out 145 horses.....

You didn't mention her size. I guess it's relative it she's a 250 lber. :missingtooth:

She thinks the Harley is a "BIG" bike.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

She would dress out about that I think.. And as to the other "idea" about size. I must be getting old :bawling: cause it never occured to me...:bang head: :bang head: :bang head:

A guy that lives 2 blocks from us has a 94 harley cop bike and is a harley guy through and through.

Anyway, He saw me ride by and 2 minutes after I parked in the garage, there he was.

He was there because he'd only caught a glimpse and thought I'd bought a road king.

Once he realized it wasn't a harley I could see his interest ebb but he asked what size the engine was.

I told him it was a 1300. His response was that it was even smaller than his bike.

I said...............oh no John, you misunderstood. It's 1300 on each side, it's a 4 cylinder.

Haven't seen him since. :missingtooth:

That is as bad as at work yesterday, while at a design meeting for a new product, we were discussing the differences between the 50/60 Hz power supplied to homes around the world and the 400Hz used on aircraft and some other transportation systems.

The C.O.O. (who also thinks he is a motor design engineer) asked the question "so how many Hz is DC power?" :240:

I had much difficulty keeping a straight face while trying to answer.

A guy that lives 2 blocks from us has a 94 harley cop bike and is a harley guy through and through.

Anyway, He saw me ride by and 2 minutes after I parked in the garage, there he was.

He was there because he'd only caught a glimpse and thought I'd bought a road king.

Once he realized it wasn't a harley I could see his interest ebb but he asked what size the engine was.

I told him it was a 1300. His response was that it was even smaller than his bike.

I said...............oh no John, you misunderstood. It's 1300 on each side, it's a 4 cylinder.

Haven't seen him since. :missingtooth:

He will be telling everybody " You know why those Ventures can outrun us?":rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You guy's are getting too hard on the HD's again Did it ever occur to any one they are the most effeciant machine out there

they use much less gas then a Venture and still able to produce more noise , without out the side effects of power.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Bobby's electra glide won't get the mpg my venture does I beat him by 2 or 3 miles to the gallon, and I make more noise than he does.

Gregg