IGNORED

Ride much??

Seaking

If you're like most avid riders, you put a lot of miles / kilometers on your bike, and the RSV is quite the nice bike for all those miles under the wheels.. But how much are you actually riding?

I bought my bike with 20,000 miles on it last July and just turned 52,000 miles in Sept..

That's 32,000 miles in 14 months?

The circumference of the earth at the equator is 24,902 mi / 40,076 km

How far did you get on your bike?

Food for thought eh?

That's a lot of miles in just over a year on a bike. I used to do a fair amount of travelling as part of my work years ago and that was about normal mileage for that. I can't imagine that amount of driving on a bike in the same time frame.

I got my scoot last Nov with 1300 kilometes on it.... it now has almost 18,000 so let's average that off at just over 10 thousand miles. Didn't really go on many long distance trips but almost every weekend we were racking up 2-4 hundred miles.

(Had to find a conversion chart cause you guys are using the funny number stuff).

I bought my 05 RSTD on May 16th 2009. It had 2600 miles on the speedometer. As of today I have logged 5923 miles or 9532.14451 kilometers. And most importantly, not a single maintenance issue and I have enjoyed every single mile!

This year my mileage was down partially due to weather :250:and partly due to just cutting back on the touring trips:mo money:.

This year was 20,000 km = 12,400 miles

Last year was 26,000 km = 16,000 miles

hopefully next year will get back to more riding. :banana:

I probably do not ride as many miles in a year as some of you guys but I am rather proud to say...I purchased the Black Betty Sept 30 2008 with 19 miles on her.

I put 12,034 miles before the one year anniversary. I had a goal of 10,000 miles and very proud to say I exceeded it. Very very pleased with the bike.

I have set a goal of at least 14,000 miles for 2009.

If you're like most avid riders, you put a lot of miles / kilometers on your bike, and the RSV is quite the nice bike for all those miles under the wheels.. But how much are you actually riding?

I bought my bike with 20,000 miles on it last July and just turned 52,000 miles in Sept..

Food for thought eh?

Are you talking miles or kilometers. That would be an average of 76 miles a day. Thats a lot of miles.

Got my 99 last July with 12 months riding I added a little over 12k miles and Never left TEXAS. Of course I ride it to work every day. 22miles each way. In tExas I can ride 900+miles in a straight line without crossing the border.

1347 miles from 1 border to the other in BC.

BC's longest river is 850 miles

BC 364,764 sq miles

Texas 261,797 sq miles

They say "everything's bigger in Texas" because Texas is so big but in comparison to BC, it ain't. :rasberry:

Sorry, just had to "rain on your parade" with a little razzin :witch_brew:

Well yea...but Texas is one of FIFTY states in the USA. BC is one of what....THREE.... :)..OK...I KNOW it's not really three but you know what I mean. Besides, Texas is NOT the biggest state in the USA, that would be Alaska. It's still big enough though.

I purchased my '06 RSMV on August 1, 2007 with 4,950 miles. Today, it shows 47,405. That's 42,455 miles in 26 months. And that's in Chicago with a somewhat abbreviated riding season (though I take advantage of "bonus days" all winter). Does that put me in the "Ride much?" category?

Ken

p.s. I love this bike.

Well yea...but Texas is one of FIFTY states in the USA. BC is one of what....THREE.... :)..OK...I KNOW it's not really three but you know what I mean. Besides, Texas is NOT the biggest state in the USA, that would be Alaska. It's still big enough though.

Well!!!! I sure don't have a rebuttal to that! :rasberry:

I do know Texas isn't the biggest and Alaska is the ONLY state that is bigger than BC. Well, I guess ya got me now huh? ... you have 1 state bigger.... WE have 2 provinces bigger! :rasberry:

oh jeez ... look what I'm starting .... I think I need something to do! LOL

Food for thought eh?

Bought our 04 in July of 04...now have 88,331 k's on it, but only put on 10,000 this year due to work issues.....the issues are working 6 days a week leaves no time for riding, dang it! I know, at least I'm working, but hire some more people so we can have a life!

It's my second royal star, my original, which I just re-purchased, had 93,000 k's on it when I sold it....5 years after I bought it. I love these royal stars!!

randy:smile5:

not an RSV, but when I got my XS11 going last August, I had put 26,000+ statute miles on it when I got rear ended in June. Its probably not fair that I use it to commute when ever the weather is above 25º and I live 50 miles from work. It isn't all that hard to rack up 700 miles a week that way.

Are you talking miles or kilometers. That would be an average of 76 miles a day. Thats a lot of miles.

Well I did give it in MILES and in KILOMETERS ;)

suffice to say that some trips I log in more than 600+ miles a day on the slabs.. My buddy and I did a lot of road trips into the US this summer, mostly all double lane highway (TransCanada down through to I95). And I easily put in over 200 miles a day locally in a day..

For me, riding is highly therapeutic, in a real sense..

I guess I didn't ride much at all compared to you guys. I've had mine a year and only put about 7,000 miles on it. I've been remodeling my kitchen since Jan 1, so we haven't ridden hardly at all on weekends. Most of my miles have been to work and back and running errands and such.

Maybe next year I can do more riding.:)

The past 2 years I haven't done near as many miles as normal, only about 10K. The previous 3 years to that I put right at about 20K on each year....I REALLY want to get back to my normal riding season.

BTW....those miles were put on living in Michigan and not riding for at least 4 month out of the year :stickpoke: