IGNORED

2010 International Rally

Freebird

You are late Squidley. :) Though most everything you said is still very relevant and well said. It is decided though, Potato Creek is the site of the 2010 International. Though not completely central, it's not all that bad as for east to west and even north to south if you are talking the entire USA and Canada. It will be a great place especially since it was the site of our very first rally.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are late Squidley. :) Though most everything you said is still very relevant and well said. It is decided though, Potato Creek is the site of the 2010 International. Though not completely central, it's not all that bad as for east to west and even north to south if you are talking the entire USA and Canada. It will be a great place especially since it was the site of our very first rally.

:banana: Beautiful! :banana:

Let the fun begin....now Kevin can loose some hair :stickpoke:

It is decided though, Potato Creek is the site of the 2010 International.

Actually Potato Creek was the first ralley and it did include Both Canadians and Americans. We could not attend however I do remember all the fun that lead up to the Ralley.

Mr. Owl do you still think you can make better chili than the Canadians ?

Is there going to be a challenge this year, maybe Mr. Owl its time for another haircut ?

:stirthepot::stirthepot:

:rotf:

Brad

Thanks buddy, if you haven't noticed I keep it short already so not much to lose. :rasberry:
hey, kevin, sounds like your the man. if their is any thing i can help you with just give me a holler. big piece of advice try to keep it simple, and write everything down as you go. it sure is easy to forget things ove the period of a year. if you do the meet, good luck, it will be alot of fun planning it. bill :clap2::clap2::clap2::2133:

hey, kevin, sounds like your the man. if their is any thing i can help you with just give me a holler. big piece of advice try to keep it simple, and write everything down as you go. it sure is easy to forget things ove the period of a year. if you do the meet, good luck, it will be alot of fun planning it. bill :clap2::clap2::clap2::2133:

Hey Bill,

Thanks, I may need your help on a couple things. When I get there I'll let you know.

Anyone with suggestions on a date? Right now, to avoid Don's Maintenance Day we're looking at mid July or so. Say the 12th - 15th?

We'd like to settle the date relatively quickly.

Perhaps we can start a poll, let it run for 2 weeks and whatever date has the most votes will be the date

:2cents: Let me know if you want me to do that.

It's been my experience that most state parks don't allow you to reserve cabins or campsites for the summer season until AFTER January 1. I mention this because if a date is picked NOW and someone else has a big event at the park that weekend, we could be S Outta L. :confused24:

Well, 2000+ miles one way lets me out... Another National down the tubes.... :(
i understand where your coming from living in california. meets are slim out there. we have the same problem with the cushman meets. the big problem is your not only on one side of the usa, but your way on one side of the usa. if there was an international in ca i would venture to say there would not be much of a turn out. it is a big desolate area that has to be crossed to get there. the one in fort collins was not that far. maybe in years to come we should have two major meets about 500 miles from each coast. some one in california needs to get the ball rolling and put together a big meet out there to see how it works out. i put on a couple of meets every year around the midwest including this years international. i am putting a big meet on at meramec state park next year and a meet and eat at the hub in ar.. put on the meet and they will come. it may take a couple of years to grow, but it will happen. :2133:

i understand where your coming from living in california. meets are slim out there. we have the same problem with the cushman meets. the big problem is your not only on one side of the usa, but your way on one side of the usa. if there was an international in ca i would venture to say there would not be much of a turn out. it is a big desolate area that has to be crossed to get there. the one in fort collins was not that far. maybe in years to come we should have two major meets about 500 miles from each coast. some one in california needs to get the ball rolling and put together a big meet out there to see how it works out. i put on a couple of meets every year around the midwest including this years international. i am putting a big meet on at meramec state park next year and a meet and eat at the hub in ar.. put on the meet and they will come. it may take a couple of years to grow, but it will happen. :2133:

Think that's what they were doing with Cody this year.

It's been my experience that most state parks don't allow you to reserve cabins or campsites for the summer season until AFTER January 1. I mention this because if a date is picked NOW and someone else has a big event at the park that weekend, we could be S Outta L. :confused24:

Or you could just show up early and be sitting by a post waiting for some sympatetic folks to take you in!:whistling:

I went to the Potato Creek State Park site and this is their information on when you can start to reserve shelters and cabins:

RESERVATIONS FOR CAMPING (AND RENT-A-CAMP CABINS) CAN BE MADE SIX MONTHS IN ADVANCE. RESERVATIONS FOR GROUP CAMPS, CABINS, SHELTERS, AND RECREATION BUILDINGS CAN BE MADE ONE YEAR IN ADVANCE.

Also here is the website:http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/2972.htm

DITTO ... think I'll save my holiday time for Western rallys and split it up a bit.

That's why this year, I kept it to 2 days riding time to get to / from a meet. As I didn't have a lot of extra time to use, just to get to & from the meets. This year I had a 2 day head start with being in eastern Alberta, don't know about next year's location yet.....

:2cents: :canada:

Well, 2000+ miles one way lets me out... Another National down the tubes.... :(

Know what ya mean there Condor. While I've been fortunate enough to attend 2 of 3 Internationals I really really wanted to go to Cody this year. 4 days each way at 1600 miles one way just wasn't in the cards. Sure want to do one of these western rallies thou as going to Fort Collins just welted my appetite for more.

Hoping next year things will be much better for traveling.

Larry

While I've been fortunate enough to attend 2 of 3 Internationals I really really wanted to go to Cody this year. 4 days each way at 1600 miles one way just wasn't in the cards. Sure want to do one of these western rallies thou as going to Fort Collins just welted my appetite for more.

Agree

We made it to all three actually never spent much time at the one in Kitchener as we had to work. WE went through Cody 2 yrs back and agree Colorado and Cody area were great just wished we had more time to explore.

BRad

As of right now it looks like Peg & I will be going to Colorado instead. We been wanting to go for the last few years but we went on the Venture meets & International Rally instead and we had a blast :happy34: & Loved every minute. But I been itching to ride in the mountains of Colorado on our Wing so we will miss the International Rally next year. We will make some of the other Venture meets so You all ain't getting rid of me that easy.:doh:

As of right now it looks like Peg & I will be going to Colorado instead. We been wanting to go for the last few years but we went on the Venture meets & International Rally instead and we had a blast :happy34: & Loved every minute. But I been itching to ride in the mountains of Colorado on our Wing so we will miss the International Rally next year. We will make some of the other Venture meets so You all ain't getting rid of me that easy.:doh:

Well I'll miss Peg :whistling:

There's a poll up by Squidley which makes it sound like Potato Creek in Indiana, USA is the choice for the IR (at least eastern IR).

Since the IR is only going to be a few hours away from Freebird's, it seems to make sense to me to have the IR the week before or after June 19th (MD).

What do you think?