IGNORED

Another Dead Deer in WI

Scooter Bob

We hit a small nub buck last night about 6 miles from home. We're pretty much fine, just a few scrapes and bruises. Hoping that's all it is.

I road the bike home from the towing company this morning. Seems to handle ok, so I hope it's mostly cosmetical stuff. But it looks like a lot of cosmetical stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets totalled out.

Front fairing, windshield, fairing mounts tweaked, blinker mounts tweaked, lower left fairing broken, chrome grill dented, gas tank has 3 dents, both left crash bars bent and worn through(what a spark show as we slid down the road on it though), left saddle bag broken, trunk lid scraped, speaker housing scraped, antenna scraped, handle bars bent, mirror scraped. Probably a few more things we've missed.

Oh ya, when we went to the crash site this morning, the first thing I picked up was the deer whistles. Guess those didn't help much.

Later, Scooter Bob and Karen

PS, for some reason the pic of the deer wouldn't load, but he was dead instantly.

Sure glad you folks walked away from this one! Expect the soreness to set in but you can live with that hopefully.

Boomer........who knows nothing will run your "Pucker Factor" off the scale faster that a darn deer trying to mug you.....and ruin perfectly good underwear too.

Bob,I keep telling you,deer season doesn't start until September...

Bad deal about the bike,but really happy that you and Karen were able to walk away...

Call if you guys need anything at all......

With apologies to Boomer..........................................

IH TRUCK GUY,who thinks that the Wisconsin DNR needs to have a much longer hunting season so we can do more to keep this from happening all the time......

Glad to hear you both ok..there seems to be a rash of that going around this year..Nothing scares the crap out of me more than a deer bolting out in front of me......I still love deer though ,especially with gravy and biscuits...TATERS have saved our butts a few times. she seems to spot them before me...Now if she could only do that with a moose...........:whistling::fnd_(16):

Glad your Ok. I came real close to hitting one about a week ago with my grandson on the back and this was in the city early evening. They are really thick in Wisconsin this year so thick I don't ride out of the city during the evening anymore. The DNR will have to do something real fast as more and more people are getting hurt and killed because of this problem. I think one thing they could do is lower the hunting fees and allow hunters to take as many as possible to get the numbers down to a more controllable herd size.

Bob,

Glad you are Karen are OK. Thanks for taking another of these forest rats out of the population, although, there are certainly easier ways to do this.

Went for a ride with my son yesterday evening and cut it short because of deer concerns. Saw 2 right next to the road and another crossed the road about 100 yards ahead of us. It was a weird ride. I hit a seagull (need to clean the sh*t off my windshield) and almost hit a grouse. A couple of cats were also wanting a piece of me - they ran away with a blast from the Stebel horn. And this was all in a 45 minute ride.

As for the damage - that'll buff out. :smile5:

Again, glad you and your bride came through safely.

RR

Bob,

Glad you and Karen are AOK :). We were in the U.P. this weekend and just minutes in front of us a car broadsided a snub buck too (must be a hormone thing), and the Car entire front end was caved in 10" and Radiator crushed too. It deployed their Air Bags and stunned them. They were OK and on the cell phone.

FYI. MYTHBUSTER TV SHOW proved the Deer Whistles were worthless.

Hope you heal quick, the second day after is usually the worst........

You're right, actually took today off as well. Plant shut down, so I was supposed to be doing some equipment upgrades this week on the shop floor. Everything's still too stiff for that. (Scooter Bob who can't find a smily with a band aid on him)

Yah!! At least you killed yours, mine had to be put down!! .

Obviously the big venture is a much better hunting bike than the 99 electraglide was:stickpoke:, they had to finish that one off with the pistol back in 01

Bob,I keep telling you,deer season doesn't start until September...

IH TRUCK GUY,who thinks that the Wisconsin DNR needs to have a much longer hunting season so we can do more to keep this from happening all the time......

Ya, Ya, I keep forgetting when that season starts. Last one was at end of July. Gotta quit firing so early I guess. :think:

Actually, I think it has a lot to do with the state bird (mosquito) driving these guys nuts in the marshes that gets 'em running out like that.

Oh ya, nice job on the attemped Boomer Quote:thumbsup2:

We'll live, we'll learn, and we'll probably ride even less at night than the very little we do now.:2132:

Thanks for the replies and the get wells everybody, :thumbsup::clap2:

Bob,

Glad you are Karen are OK. Thanks for taking another of these forest rats out of the population, although, there are certainly easier ways to do this.

Went for a ride with my son yesterday evening and cut it short because of deer concerns. Saw 2 right next to the road and another crossed the road about 100 yards ahead of us. It was a weird ride. I hit a seagull (need to clean the sh*t off my windshield) and almost hit a grouse. A couple of cats were also wanting a piece of me - they ran away with a blast from the Stebel horn. And this was all in a 45 minute ride.

As for the damage - that'll buff out. :smile5:

Again, glad you and your bride came through safely.

RR

Wow, what a ride RR. And your welcome, but I bet you still won't feel much safer next time you head down this way.

Bob,

Glad you and Karen are AOK :). We were in the U.P. this weekend and just minutes in front of us a car broadsided a snub buck too (must be a hormone thing), and the Car entire front end was caved in 10" and Radiator crushed too. It deployed their Air Bags and stunned them. They were OK and on the cell phone.

FYI. MYTHBUSTER TV SHOW proved the Deer Whistles were worthless.

Actually, I figured out a better use for the deer whistles.:scratchchin: I going to go back to the crash site and throw them out into the marsh.

We'll have a better chance of a deer tripping on them and falling down before they make it to the road.:happy65:

Hey Bob, glad that you and Karen came out of this OK.

When I started riding back in the 60s, most of my riding was at night, now, I don't even consider riding at night around here.

The deer thng is way too serious for me. and way too many!

Hunting seasons need to be adjusted much differently than they do it now, IMO.

Steve

Glad to hear your ok. It was exactly a year ago this past weekend that we hit "our" deer. 10:00 am on our way to Anomamosa. Day or night those things pop out of no where!!

Note to self.......

Don't stand next to Scooter Bob and Iowawegian at any party's....:):)

Note to self.......

Don't stand next to Scooter Bob and Iowawegian at any party's....:):)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Bugger of it is, 3 deer have jumped between Gary's bike and my bike this summer already, on different rides. Thinking the hubby should put on louder pipes!

I collected my first deer in 45 years (first one ever) this spring. But luckily a small one in may car, still it was $4500 damage.

Body shop got a huge laugh out of me calling and asking if they would take the deer whistle off the old bumper cover and save it for me! LOL

Maybe the don't work, but I look at it like Chicken Soup, it couldn't hurt, as long as you don't rely on them.

Glad you weren't hurt worse, be sure to have your spine/neck checked out. if you were sore at ALL in that area, please get checked out regularly. I had a rollover accident when young, and now can't turn my head, as I have fused vertebrae. If I had known it would happen over time, I could have done something. too late now I guess.