IGNORED

Hope you guys will still talk to me.....

Guest ReinyRooster

Guest ReinyRooster

My '87 VR is for sale and I have been scouring the local rags, trader websites etc and every 2nd gen that I was interested in was either too much, mileage was too high or when I called the number in the ad, found that the bike sold a week ago and the ad hadn't been cancelled! So I'm driving around to numerous local bike shops and stumbled across a deal I couldn't resist. Next Friday I will take delivery of a black 2000 Honda Goldwing with only 21,000km. For you metrically challenged people, that's about 13,000 miles. It's really clean, not too much extra chrome to clean. Just needs a heel-toe shifter, which I will add soon.

I'm smiling again......hope I can still come to Freebird's maintenance day and still visit this site.

I know we joke alot and rib each people about what brand of bike they ride if it's not a Venture, I have to be honest when I say that this site and it's members are one of the best group of people I have ever met. I have made some good friends here and can honestly say that I anticipate still attending some of these events and keeping in contact.

This group is full of nuts..........and I'm a nut so I guess that says it all!

I'll post pics next weekend after I get her home.

Well, I don't know. You see how fast Eck was kicked off the site when he went for a wing. Maybe we can make an exception in your case and let you stay. Go ahead and admit it, you just want to outrun the 1st Gens. Hope you love the new bike.

Well done, Reiny. I have/had a 81 Gl1100 which I just sold. I went up past 100mph in a hurry. I am dealing on an 89 GL1500 now with a bad starter and no battery. The 1500 is an awesome improvement over the 1000/1100/1200 series. All this being said...I still love my 02 RSMV. Having multiple motorcycles in not a bad thing. :thumbsup:

What, you didn't reads the fine print about ALWAYS being a member until you die, regardless of what you ride or even if you don't ride anymore??? Check your binding contract when you entered your user id...

Yah, if I found a super deal on a Wing, I'd buy it too!

I'm an EX Goldwing owner/rider and I'll stay an EX. Over the years I've owned 7 goldwings plus a goldwing trike. None of them were as comfortable as my 2007 Midnight Venture ! Don't mistake me, I'm not bashing, I'm just much happier with my Venture.:thumbsup::7_2_104[1]:

Hey Reiny, Congratulations! Just a suggestion, look around some of the GW boards and see what they say about putting a heel toe shifter on a 1500. Too many people have had tranny problems after doing that. I'd never feel comfortable with it myself. You'll get used to the stock shifter quickly.

Joe

Guest ReinyRooster

Alan,

Don't tell him if you're talking to him...gonna surprise him when I come down to his place on the Friday on my way to Freebird's maintenance day.

Come on Rooster.....you know better than that. We could care less about what you ride, I expect to see Swifty on a wing in less than a year. As long as your comfortable and it works for you....it works for us, see you at Don's on the 6th

:thumbsup2:

Alan,

Don't tell him if you're talking to him...gonna surprise him when I come down to his place on the Friday on my way to Freebird's maintenance day.

Hummm... do I smell shutup chrome? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::D

Don't worry your secerts safe..:stickpoke::sign It wasnt me::rotfl::rotfl::D

sounds like you found a low mileage keeper. going from a first gen to a wing, you will feel at home from the git go. as joe said i would think twice about the heel toe shifter. it is thought to ge hard on the shift forks cuz they aren't designed to take the extreme heel pressure. good luck with the new ride. we need pic's. bill :clap2::2133:

Congrats on the nice find, ReinyRooster. 13K miles is very low mileage for a 2000 bike. I've owned my Venture for about 7 months now and may surpass 5000 miles next month.

BTW, did anybody mention pics....yes sir...I do want to see pics of your new ride. Regards.:bowdown:

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

..................................................................................

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

just don't know where to park wings and things, maybe I'll ask Freebird how he's planning on handling this situation,,,,,,,,could get sticky,,,,,,,or ugly,,,,,,,,,,,but then you'd have to catch me first.