IGNORED

Hubby Wants Me to Sell My Baby!

highwaypeg

Hi Folks,

I have a real problem. My husband is a Harley guy. He never wanted me to buy my VStar from the beginning. Now because he hangs out with his Harley friends he wants me to get rid of my VStar which I really love.

He wants me to get a Sportster, which I really do not care for.

I do not think this is fair to me, when I love my VStar.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

highwaypeg:crying:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Folks,

I have a real problem. My husband is a Harley guy. He never wanted me to buy my VStar from the beginning. Now because he hangs out with his Harley friends he wants me to get rid of my VStar which I really love.

Tell your hubby that you don't want to be a Harley snob and it is against your motherly instincts to give your baby away and your not going to do it.

You ride your own ride, plain and simple. :)

Hi Folks,

Keep the Vstar, trade in the Hubby:rasberry: If that aint an option explain to him that you would never ask him to give up his Harley so you really wish he wouldnt ask you to give up your vstar, A red nightie and 6in spikes couldnt hurt either:big-grin-emoticon: Craig

They still make Sportsters???

I thought they ran out of parts when they all fall off. I personally have never liked the Sportster. Not sure why but I never did.

Seriously, Does your husband really believe that he can afford to maintain to Harley's? Think of all the overpriced bling your going to want just to make it some what comfortable. Every time he buys for bling on his you'll want the equivalent for the Sportster, so that is double the overpriced cost right there. Tell him sure honey. but you'll have ten grand of bling the very first year, better get a second job and soon.

Poor, poor, bank account!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Bubber

Hello Peg, that would be a BIG MISTAKE!!! That V-Star is twice the bike of that Sportster. Every Lady I know that buys a Sportster is ready to get rid of it after a month or two. That V-Star is plenty of bike. Not to offend anyone, and I have a whole lot of Harley friends, but your Husband needs to Get Real. I miss the heck out of my V-Star it is a Fantastic Bike. Good Luck, and remember you and your husband are always welcome here. Later-

Hi Folks,

Give him that ol line about wanting to get into these pants, and see what he says.

If he can't love you for who you are, then you don't need him.

PERIOD:thumbsup::clap2::happy65:

I bet you love your V-Star more than he likes H-D. Your V-Star was made to ride and his H-D was made to sit in the garage so he can tell his buddies "I have a Harley" Most not all but most H-D owners feel they must "fit in" and the only way they can "fit in" is to own a Harley. You can be your own woman or you can let him tell you what kind of a woman to be. Besides you need to keep your V-Star so when his Harley breaks down he can jump on the back of your V-Star to get home. Now before he reads this I need to change my user name so he doesn't shoot me.:Bunny2:

My wife had a Suzuki Boulevard C40, I rode it and could swear I was back on a Harley Sportster. Shook the living heck out of me. How my wife rode it to SD and back is beyond me. She bought the 650 Vstar and swears it's a Cadillac. Think long and hard about that one. Those sportsters are beasts on your body. Perhaps if he's going to insist on you getting a Harley then perhaps a nice cheap Dyna wide Glide???? That might change his mind :cool10::dancefool: God Bless, Mike

highwaypeg,

Your post really upsets me. I really think this is terrible that your husband is forcing you to sell the VStar that you love. I say do not do it. If you love your bike why should you have to sell it.

Would you ask your HD Honey to sell his because you want to hang with us Yamaha bikers. NEVER.

This is 2009 not 1899. Women have rights too, and this is your right.

STAND UP TO HIM.

And then give me a call.

Yama Mama:innocent-emoticon:

With my VStar for a Harley, in fact I had a Harley owner tell me that he thought my 1300 was quite the hot rod, he bought one for his father in law and rode it from Fla. to Ga. and said it was a much better ride than his Road Glide and had much more power........so go figure............but for a sportster or any Harley........NEVER!!!!