IGNORED

Another 83 Venture Rat Chopper

Well I realize that anyone who loves the stock Venture will not appreciate the mutilation that I have done to this bike but I wanted to share with you all what can be done to one of these if you don't mind wasting dozens of hours, hundreds of dollars and a perfectly good Yamaha Venture.

To see the story unfold... http://www.kloppenberg.us/chopper.html

Thanks for all the comments!

It does handle pretty good, the suspension is lowerd about 1.5" but I lowered the rear frame section about 2". The bike is perhaps 200lbs lighter than stock. The "NOS" bottle is actually a fire extingusier painted to look like a NOS kit but is my coolant reservoir. The exhaust pipes I made from electical conduit and welded a washer inside each pipe for back pressure, with the "Jason Mod" she sounds pretty mean.

The paint is Rust-Olem silver metalic (Lowes) for base coat with green metal cast by Dupli-Color (Auto Zone) for the color coat. Both are rattle cans, then I shot two coats of two part clear urathane (Tim's Garage) with spray gun. The gas tank is from a 1400 Suzuki Boluvard with the Venture fill neck welded on because I was too cheap to by a Suzuki cap. The rear fender is after market sport-bob (ebay), Also I had to use a sport bike battery as the stock monster would not fit under the seat which is off of a V-Star 1100 and drastically modified.

I owe a big "Thank You" to Zagger as his 83 Venture chopper was a lot of what inspired me to tackle this thing. Also, the volumes of information on this site and the members here have been most helpful. Kudos!

Thanks for all the comments!

It does handle pretty good, the suspension is lowerd about 1.5" but I lowered the rear frame section about 2". The bike is perhaps 200lbs lighter than stock. The "NOS" bottle is actually a fire extingusier painted to look like a NOS kit but is my coolant reservoir. The exhaust pipes I made from electical conduit and welded a washer inside each pipe for back pressure, with the "Jason Mod" she sounds pretty mean.

The paint is Rust-Olem silver metalic (Lowes) for base coat with green metal cast by Dupli-Color (Auto Zone) for the color coat. Both are rattle cans, then I shot two coats of two part clear urathane (Tim's Garage) with spray gun. The gas tank is from a 1400 Suzuki Boluvard with the Venture fill neck welded on because I was too cheap to by a Suzuki cap. The rear fender is after market sport-bob (ebay), Also I had to use a sport bike battery as the stock monster would not fit under the seat which is off of a V-Star 1100 and drastically modified.

I owe a big "Thank You" to Zagger as his 83 Venture chopper was a lot of what inspired me to tackle this thing. Also, the volumes of information on this site and the members here have been most helpful. Kudos!

I think that you and Zagger must have been separated at birth...:D

I've seen his bike up close and personal and it is awesome...

Great job on yours.....:thumbsup2:

That is thinking outside of the box....:)

That bike should eat most any Harley and crotch rocket alive without any effort other than keeping the front wheel down. you must have lost at least 120-150 pounds of the bikes weight, which makes it even faster.

Very clean and cool extreme mod!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tim , that is great ! i had to go to your web site to see how you did it :thumbsup:

your said you were going to change it but i did not think you would go that far ! you need

to bring it to the Hub this Aug. i would like to see it up close .

Thom

WOW! All you need now is a VMAX motor in that baby.....and a set of wings and you will be cleared for takeoff! Excellent job! I guess all the Harley riders just say "what the

he** was that!" ................As they are looking at your tail light! :thumbsup2:

Earl

• 1 month later...

I was just going to start a thread about a guy I know in Beaver Dam, and I found this one. Nice looking ride.

This guy told me Sunday that he is building a chopper out of a first Gen. Sound like he's working on a longer front end for it though.

I told him about this website, hope he checks it out and signs up for tech info and to show pics.

I think I'll stop by and see how it's coming one of these days.

I think he'll have a lot of leftover plastic parts too he might want to sell.

Later, Scooter Bob

my god man that is SICK. american chopper sux. i am in awe. and like the previous post i am humbled.... i havent even taken the seat of mine yet.

im totally speechless this is one fantastic ride. i can only imagine goosing it on the highway. gotta be a butt rush fo sho.

nice job is an understatement.