IGNORED

Can't Believe This

Grey Fox

I took my 06 RSTD in to the dealer today to have the cruise control worked on. I asked that they synch the carbs. I have been out all day since I dropped it off. When I came in I checked my messages and had one from the dealer (I will leave the dealers name unkown until I have a chance to see what else they come up with). Quote from the service manager "Techs say they cannot synch my carbs because I have only ONE". Am I worried about what else they are supposed to do! You Bet!

Quote from the service manager "Techs say they cannot synch my carbs because I have only ONE".

Come on now. And you thought you just needed a carb sync.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Your gonna need 3 more carbs.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::D

Well at least the Yamaha dealer in central Mississippi knows my RSTC has 4 carbs. They told me "Since it has 4 carbs on it it is quite a complicated job to sync them." But they seemed more than willing to tackle the job for $255.00. I thanked them and left. While the young man was figuring the price, on of the other folks in the service office made the comment that the mechanic had done his first sync last week so mine (the second one he had ever done) should not be a problem. $255.00, I don't think so!!!!:thumbdown:

Walter

In Richland, MS

WOW...I don't understand what you are complaining about. It can take up to 15 minutes. That's ONLY $1020.00 per hour. Now you got me thinking that I should start charging for this at Maintenance day. :innocent:

$10,,, 5 for the charity can and 5 toward more food.

WOW! I think I would have pointed to each of the four carbs for the guy and told him what an absolute MORON he was and that he was never touching my bike again for anything.

And some of you guys wonder why just because a bike is still under warranty that some of us still wouldn't bother taking it in for certain smaller issues that are just as easy to fix ourselves.

The service manager wants me to call him back tomorrow. I wish I had got the message before they closed today. After telling me I only have one carb, I dont' want them touching them now. When I call tomorrow I going to ask him if he's sure it only has one carb. If he says yes when I go and pick it up I'm going to show him in YAMAHA MAMA's owners manual that they have more than one. I am really worried that they will not have fixed any of the issue I had correctly. If they continue with these types of replies, I will make a lot of noise before I leave. Another VentureRider took his bike to these idiots today also. I wish I could have got in touch with him before he did. Will be interesting to see what they say about his bike.

Helped a work friend today put a bearing in his rear axle on his truck today. he actually took it to a local auto shop here and he watched in horror as a young man began to beat the bearing back in ........... backwards he had done this job before and knew it only went in one way. he got very fustrated and took his truck home immediatly. Personally Im to the point I dont wanna take me vehicle and espacally my bike anywhere. WE dont have a decent bike shop up around us so were forced to do more on our own, maybe thats not so bad in the long run

I would call in the morning and say " Since you don't have any qualified mechanics working for you, put the bike outside and don't touch it. I'll be over shortly to pick it up and I'll be in touch with Yamaha about your service departments inability to read a service manual, Or maybe just the inability to READ period."

I have been a mechanic for over 20 years, and i would say over the years i have worked around 50 guys that were ASE certified and some that were not.out of that 50 i would say maybe 5 of them i would trust to work on any of my stuff! My dodge truck is still under factory warranty and really dont think i would take it in to have any of them hacker at my truck.

I would call in the morning and say " Since you don't have any qualified mechanics working for you, put the bike outside and don't touch it. I'll be over shortly to pick it up and I'll be in touch with Yamaha about your service departments inability to read a service manual, Or maybe just the inability to READ period."

How about just DON'T TOUCH IT!! I don't think I'd even want them to move the thing.

I agree...I would avoid them at all costs. It's amazing to me how many dealers cannot work on these bikes. Syncing carbs is so simple and yet so many either way overcharge for it or don't know what they are doing or both. I've synced a lot of carbs at various maintenance days and etc. that had supposedly just been done at the dealer and were not even close. I firmly believe that if you ride one of these bikes, you should buy or borrow the tool and do it yourself.

When I call this a.m. I am going to tell them to leave the bike alone. I will be over to pick it up. There is a member here who has told me that he would synch my carbs. And I trust him more than any dealer for sure. I haven't ask him yet, because he does so much for so many. And he's under-the-weather right now. You all know him right ECK !!!!!