How many set's of 4 would you purchase  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How many set's of 4 would you purchase

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ReinyRooster

I'm giving it until the end of February so that hopefully more members have a chance to see the thread and respond. Then I'll start negotiating with the supplier.

Guest ReinyRooster

Condor, I'm just taking a final count now, and then I will fire off an email to the guy I dealt with before to see what kind of a price he will give us. Also going to see if we can make some sort of shipping arrangements from their end assuming we make a deal, since it would be a whole lot easier for me if they could handle the shipping instead of me.

I should have an answer in the next few days, depending on how much back and forth we have to do on the price dickering.

Add me for a set if its not too late............not sure I need them but wont hurt to have them on hand...........

Condor, I'm just taking a final count now, and then I will fire off an email to the guy I dealt with before to see what kind of a price he will give us. Also going to see if we can make some sort of shipping arrangements from their end assuming we make a deal, since it would be a whole lot easier for me if they could handle the shipping instead of me.

I should have an answer in the next few days, depending on how much back and forth we have to do on the price dickering.

Thanks for working on this Reiny..:)

Shari told me to tell you that it wouldn't break her heart if you held our set and we had to come back to Kitchener to pick it up...:whistling:

She has spring fever worse then I do.....

Reiny, Why don't you ask what the discount would be for 100+ sets, and then find out what kind of response you'll get. A lot of folks are interested if the price is reasonable. Since the price is the most important thing maybe we should get that first. I think you'll get a lot more... or not.. responses that way. There area a lot of 1stGen's runing around out here, as well as as few older 2ndGen's... I don't know if they're the same dimention... but I bet Squeeze knows... :) It's much better to work toward a goal once all the facts are in. Many thanks for all the work you've done on this so far.. :thumbsup2:

Guest ReinyRooster

Condor, I certainly did give him indications that I believed with the membership that we have, if he made the deal sweet enough there would probably be hundreds of set bought and that many people were probably just sitting in the weeds waiting to see what the actual price was before they stepped forward.

I am also trying to figure out...do the 2nd gens and the RSTD use the same diaphragms? If they do, of course that would be a much larger group!

Condor, I certainly did give him indications that I believed with the membership that we have, if he made the deal sweet enough there would probably be hundreds of set bought and that many people were probably just sitting in the weeds waiting to see what the actual price was before they stepped forward.

I am also trying to figure out...do the 2nd gens and the RSTD use the same diaphragms? If they do, of course that would be a much larger group!

A quick peek at the history shows the 1st Gens with 34mm mik's, the 96-98 with 28's and the 99-present with 32's. That don't show what size the diaphragms are but I suspect they are different.:think:

A quick peek at the history shows the 1st Gens with 34mm mik's, the 96-98 with 28's and the 99-present with 32's. That don't show what size the diaphragms are but I suspect they are different.:think:

I don't know if the Diaphragms (!!!) are the same.

Just the Fact that the Carbs are less Diameter on the 2Gen doesn't rule out the Possibility that the Diaphragm are the same even while the Slider may be different.

We need a Member measuring and comparing the Parts. You can't get that Information out of the IPC.

Depending on price, I am interested in 2 sets.

SCI also said they offer a diaphragm with our dimensions...

"Our SD-1's are pretty close full refund if they don't fit sir...

Set of 4 for

V-MAX VMX12 XVZ13 VENTURE ROYAL 72mm OD 30 mm ID $ 89.00

OUR PRICES ARE UP TO 10% LOWER ON OUR WEBSITE www.siriusconinc.com "

Sirius Consolidated Inc.

62 McBrine Place Suite #8

Huron Business Park

Kitchener, Ontario

N2R 1H3

Canada

716-989-0091 (MON-THURS 9-5 EST)

Fax 519-894-4111

sci@siriusconinc.com

http://www.siriusconinc.com/ebayimages/SD1.jpg

(under Keyster Carb kits)

I don't know if the Diaphragms (!!!) are the same.

Just the Fact that the Carbs are less Diameter on the 2Gen doesn't rule out the Possibility that the Diaphragm are the same even while the Slider may be different.

We need a Member measuring and comparing the Parts. You can't get that Information out of the IPC.

That is entirely possible Squeeze and I had not thought of it that way... different size sliders with same size diaphragms. It would cut down on their tooling and other costs for various carbs. :happy34:

Yep, some of those early 2ndGen's are getting long in the tooth. They're going to start needing something in the very near future.... :)

Yep, some of those early 2ndGen's are getting long in the tooth. They're going to start needing something in the very near future.... :)

Seen a lot of that going on b4 now, Jack! I still say there's more posts for 2nd gen repair here than 1st gens!

Seen a lot of that going on b4 now, Jack! I still say there's more posts for 2nd gen repair here than 1st gens!

I've noticed that too... It's starting..... :) A lot of them have been out of warantee for 5 years now... :mo money:

Guest ReinyRooster

O.K....just to let everyone know...I haven't forgotten about this.....I've been bartering prices with one of the local Yammie dealers, and also with a local distributing company. It gets complicated because the distributor only sells the diaphragms without the sliders, but is offering what I think is a good price ( can't tell you yet ). The Yammie dealer can only get the diaphragm/slider combo but can't get the numbers we are wanting....can only get a little less then 1/2 of what we currently want and then can't get any more for about another 6 months!

I also want to see if I can make some arrangements with the distributor, if we go with him, for him to handle the shipping at his end since he would be all set up for shipping anyway...better for me then me doing it.

Stay tuned...should have more info in the next day or two.

O.K....just to let everyone know...I haven't forgotten about this.....I've been bartering prices with one of the local Yammie dealers, and also with a local distributing company. It gets complicated because the distributor only sells the diaphragms without the sliders, but is offering what I think is a good price ( can't tell you yet ). The Yammie dealer can only get the diaphragm/slider combo but can't get the numbers we are wanting....can only get a little less then 1/2 of what we currently want and then can't get any more for about another 6 months!

I also want to see if I can make some arrangements with the distributor, if we go with him, for him to handle the shipping at his end since he would be all set up for shipping anyway...better for me then me doing it.

Stay tuned...should have more info in the next day or two.

Reiny, the only way a dealer sells the diaphragms is as an assembly. Way too much money. It was my understanding that you'd been talking to Sirus about a group quantity buy of the diaphragm rubbers only, in sets of four. It shouldn't be that hard to call Sirus and ask what kind of a price they charge for an order of 100 sets.... Of course they'll sell to you. They auction exhaust gaskets direct off Ebay all the time. I also thought the idea of bringing them to a member south of the boarder and having them mailed out in the US. Shouldn't cost more than a $1US for each set.

Guest ReinyRooster

Yes, I was chatting with Sirius...by email....they have no local phone number listed ( number listed is for fax ) and the email back and forth discussions were going slowly, so we have made arrangements to chat over the phone tomorrow. Our order is not for 100, so far we are at about 70 but it sounds like we will be getting a decent price.

Update probably tomorrow.